Chapter 4

Love Hurts

  "What the hell!  You don't go around randomly volunteering people for things like that!  They don't even know me or my crudentials!" right now I'm having a yelling spree at Sinn.  She's just sitting on my bed with her legs crossed and her fingers in her ears trying to block me out.

  "That's why I informed them of your crudentials.  You won plenty of dance tournaments, and held the number one dance spot at our school.  You are more than qualified." she said putting her hands down.

  "That doesn't mean-"

  "Do you want revenge?" she asked

  "What?" I asked confused.

  "Join EXO-M, and defeat him where his pride is at.  Dancing." she stated simply.

  "Ohhhh, I like that.  Hit him where it hurts most."  Amber grinned.

  "Break his pride, break him."  Sinn started looking at her nails.

  "You are a vendictive woman." I stated.

  She looked up at me and rested her arm on her leg, "Only if they hurt the people I care about."

  "It won't hurt to try.  I mean they already told you to show up to Theater Room to try out." Lihua said resting a hand on my shoulder.

  They are right.  It wouldn't hurt to try out, and revenge does sound more than appealing.  "Alright."

  They started cheering, and Sinn jumped up clasping my face in her hand.  "Get some sleep deary."  Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

  "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

  Everyone jolted out of bed as Amber screamed bloody mary.  "Wha'ts wrong?!"

  "MAKI GET THE HELL OUT OF MY BED!" she screamed.

  I walked over to her bed and pulled her covers revealing an adorable girl with short brown hair clutching onto Amber.

  "....but I don't like my roommates...they're...normal." the girl whispered.

  "I'm sorry, I thought normal was good." Sinn asked looking up trying to remember if it was.

  After Amber wrestled her out of her bed, the girl name Maki began brushing her hair in the middle of the room humming.

  "Everyone this is Horikita Maki.  She's my best friend."  Amber had bitterness in her voice.

 


  "Lay!"

  I stopped walking to turn around to Luhan and the others. "Yeah?"

  "You think that new girl will be any good?" Luhan asked.

  I shrugged, "Guess we'll find out."

  "The school never had a girl in the main dance group before.  It's kind of exciting."  Xiumin said with his eyes lit up.

  "You know what's really exciting?" Chen asked.  "All the hot new girls this year!  I mean did you see the three Amber brought yesterday!"

  "They were really pretty." Tao added grinning.

  "Pretty hot!" Chen wiggled his eyebrows at Tao, and they started nudging each other with their elbows.  Luhan and Xiumin rolled their eyes and wacked them on the head.  Chen and Tao pouted, and I just shook my head.

 


  I didn't even get to go to lunch today, because I got my chewed out by my dance instructure for "not showing up" yesterday.  Now, I'm dragging myself to that class.  I made sure to arrive just on time so I couldn't get bullied, because the instructure walked in right after me.

  He was showing us some different combinations and techniques.  I decided to stay in the back, and boy did that .  Everyone infront of me kept blocking my view, and the people around me kept purposely bumping into me.  One even knocked me on the ground, and I got yelled at for not keeping up.  Then after the class ended the instructure held me longer to yell at me for all the mistakes I made.

  Now, I'm running to Theater Room to try and make it to the try-out.  I'm already five minutes late.


  "She's already five minutes late Amber." Luhan hollered to her from the third row in front of the stage.

  "Just be patient!"  She hollered back from the very back row.

  "I'm here!" I ran in panting.  "I'm sorry I got held up in class."

  Luhan gave out a sigh, "Hurry on stage."

  Quickly I ran on stage,  I pulled out a CD and handed it to one of the members.  I moved to the center of the stage and looked out to see the girls and Maki at the back row waving at me.  Then they all each held up a sign.  Amber's said "You", Sinn's "Got", Lihua's "This", and Maki's said "Ch'Yeah!".  They are so weird.

  The music began playing, and suddenly I froze up.  Everything went blank.  My routine just disappeared from my brain.  My body began shaking, and I couldn't see straight.  The only thing I could hear were the deep and heavy breaths I was taking.  I turned away from everyone...what do I do...

  "Hyoyeon." a soft voice whispered to me, "Hyoyeon, it's okay."  I looked up at Sinn and she gave me a gentle reassuring smile, "Just dance it all out.  The pain, the grief, the hurt.  Just let it all out."

  I slowly nodded my head, "...okay."

  She turned away and jumped off staged.  She nodded for them to play the music again.

  This time I didn't freeze up.  I just danced my heart out.  Everything I felt I danced it all out.  With every movement the pain slowly vanished, until I was finally just dancing for my love of dancing.  It's sad how I almost forgot how great it felt.  When I finished, everyone was silent.  EXO-M were sitting at the front row.  Lay was in the middle leaning on his knees with his hands clasped together in front of his face.  Then he slowly stood up and stuck his hands in his pocket.

  "Congrats.  You are now a member of EXO-M."

  The girls bursted cheering, and the other members stood up smiling and clapping.

  "Really?"  I asked in disbelief.

  An eruption of compliments came out from just about everyone.  The girls ran on stage to hug me.

  "Practice tomorrow at 6 in Studio D.  We'll see you there." Luhan said smiling.  Then they all followed Lay out.

  I turned to the girls and just screamed.  Finally, something good happen to me.  Kai, I hope you are more than ready for the storm that is about to come, because I'm going to hail on your parade, and that's a promise.