Neighbors

A Whole New World

I finally made it back home but the thing I noticed was a kid who goes to the same school I did walked up to the house right next to mine I wondered who it was then he turned around. It was the guy who was yeling at me at lunch what was his name Bang Min Soo he wore a red cap he looked at me and glared I just pretended that I didn't notice and I headed in to my house. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw him looking just a slight anger in his eyes he turned and walked into the house. So I did too and as soon as I walked in my dad greeted me.

" Al how was your first day at school"? He asked.

" Long and slow".I said I walked upstairs and set my stuff on my bed I picked up my favorite picture of my mom and smiled.

" Alex by the way our neighbors are going to have dinner over here soon". My dad yelled up the stairs in English I guess at home I get to use English. Which makes it feel a little like home. I fell asleep with moms picture in my hand. I don't know how long it was but I woke up and went downstairs.

" Daddy." I said and as soon as I got down there I saw new people a couple.

" This is my daughter, Alex". He said in Korean. I greeted them with a small bow.

" Hang on our son should be coming in a second, Min Soo hurry up. The kid who yelled at me earlier walked in I was stunned for a second but I had to act like nothing was wrong thats what I did in America but that's what must have lead me to do what I did last year

" Hi I mean Hello I'm Alex