Moving to Korea

A Whole New World

I'm on the plane on my way to Korea with my dad in the seat right next to me. It hasn't been long since my mom died and my dad had no family in America so here we are on a plane going to Seoul, Korea. We land and had to get our stuff it was quiet in the van and dad broke the silence.

" Alex I think you will have a good time in Korea this is where I grew up before I moved to America and met your mom." He said in Korean he wants me to practice my Korean but I still get confused with honorifics they always confused me.

" Yea I guess with the high school that I'm going to I have to wear a uniform?" I asked hoping not to.

" Yes almost all schools in Korea have uniforms, with the house I picked I picked the house that is closest to an American style house, Oh Here we are." He said and pulled into a driveway of a two story white house we got all of the boxes out of the back of the truck. It was just about bedtime when we were finished and we watched a movie I haven't heard of and was to lazy to remember what it was. I had to go to bed early because tomorrow was my first day at school I had my uniform and everything the uniform wasn't to bad. My dad had to go to work tomorrow he was gonna help his parents and sister with their noodle store.