Chapter Seven

Disability Love

The sound of the alarm pull me out from my sleep and into the unpleasant state of wakefulness. I linger under the blanket a few minutes, gathering energy to rise up and swallowed my medications and went to the shower to take a bathe. Its a perfect weather outside and i was thinking to do some basic exercise at the field like my nurse told me to keep my heart strong and stable.

Arrived at my destination, im suprised to discover im not he only human being at the track. Not just that, but its a face i've seen before.

The prosthetic-legged boy who bowled me over the hallway yesterday is running on the track. Whats his name again? i can't seem to remember his name. I wonder why he's running this early in the morning. Maybe its the same as me, and the nurse told the poor boy to jog like he told me to.

Before i could leave the field, it seem the latter notice me on his last lap. He waves at me cheerfully and jog over.

"Good morning! you're Hyojin right?" he grins, seemingly please that he's remember my name. "You may not remember me. Does the name Chanyeol rings the bell? i knocked you over in the hall yesterday.."

"How could i forget such a um unique introduction?" Chanyeol has apologetic look for a moment before chuckling.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Again"

"Hmm, well, as long as you don't make a habit of it, i suppose i'll be fine"

"Great!"

Im not sure he realised that im only joking.

"So.. why are you here?" 

"Im here for my own reason, the nurse just asked me if i had seen a lost cute girl transfer student who look like a lost puppy at the track" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Then, why are you here?" he chuckled and ruffling my hair. I tilt my head.

"Its you, silly!" Oh. "Now, lets run a few laps! its a perfect weather today too"

"What? ehh? i don't want t-" too late. Chanyeol already dragged me to the track. I groaned and gave him a glare while Chanyeol just grinned. I just realised he had cute dimples.

So we both take off around the track, and i can immediately see he was a pro at running despite he has long legs plastic legs. Chanyeol moves fluidly, throwing himself into the run. I find myself concetrating more on running properly. I tried to match my pace to Chanyeol's, but its pretty hard indeed. Apparently im not good at it. No, scratch that. Im worst at it. Maybe he can help me with that sometime.

Im really not feeling up to more than a couple laps today, and began to slow down my pace. Chanyeol keeps running, and doesn't seem notice i've stopped until he passes me a second time. He quickly kids to a halt, breathing steadily in contrast to my panting breathing.

"Finished already?" i nodded my head, still panting hard.

"I don't feel like running today.." Chanyeol nods and then grins at me again. He sure loves to smile alot.

"Well, at least you started right? next time you just try to hold longer, and longer, then longer and eventually you'll be great!"

I laughed. "I'll keep that in mind but right now, i think im going to get ready for class. How about you?" Chanyeol shrugs.

"Nah, i've got plenty of time" i noticed he's not wearing a watch

"Are you sure?" another shrug.

"Not really... but i've got to finish my routine! See you later, Hyojin"

Im not sure whether this morning's exercise was a success or a failure, but i'll admit that i do feel slight good about getting out here this morning. And like Chanyeol said, i just need to keep at it in order to get better, right? practise makes perfect or something like that.

I head back to the dorms to wash and change my uniform, trying to resist the urgue to take a really long hot shower.

 

 

Im the first person in class today, although i think im a little too early. I black out for a second, waking up when my head hits the surface of my desk. Rubbing my forehead, i realised this is as good as any to stay up for now and stop coming to class so early.

Eventually, i heard a tapping noise outside in the hallway, and Suho's figure appears in the doorway. He's not in this class, so he must have some other business. Maybe he's looking for Baekhyun?

Suho stops at the door, looking hesistant as if he was a vampire who can't come in unless invited. He steps in, after straightening his school blazer and shirt collar as if it was important to look prim when entering our classroom.

"Hello?" he calls into the quiet classroom. I realised the silence might unnerve him because of his blindness so i break it.

"Good morning, Suho"

"Hyojin? is that you? i didn't hear you coming" he said.

"Well, i came early today so thats why" i smiled. but of course, he wouldn't see my lips curved upwards.

"I see.. Have you seen Baekhyun today, by any chance?"

I shook my head. Again, he wouldn't see that. "No, he seems to come in only just before the bell rings.. or after that. Do you want me to tell him something for you?"

"No, its fine. Its strange, but i think we're the only two people at school right now. I didn't hear anyone on my way here" he scratched his non-itchy-head

"I shouldn't gotten up so early today, i guess.." i shrugged a little.

"Hm, its a very busy morning today. The festival is coming up soon, and today is the deadline for event registration and all kind of that stuffs"

I whispered a light "oh". Suddenly, theres a loud bang at the door interrupting our conversation.

"Heyyy" Luhan pops into the room with Kyungsoo as if on cue, shouting with a loudness that makes Suho slightly flinch at it. "Hi, Hyojin!"

"Hey.." i said awkwardly.

Suho coughed trying to gain our attentions. "Good morning" 

Seeing the uncomfortable situation in the air, i realised that they're really not getting well. Luhan decide to break the silence that has been filling awhile ago.

"Oh, Suho-ssi. Its a good thing you're here. We need to talk. The festival is coming up in 3 days right? every pther class had already handed in their project for the events except for you" his voice sounded serious.

"There is still time to hand it" 

"Today! the deadline is today! you're certainly taking your time aren't you?" Luhan puts his hand on his hips and stands up straight. Wow, he's really serious. This side of Luhan kind of scared me a little. Meanwhile Suho doesn't look like he's very amused.

"Hey, aren't you're being a little to hard on him? theres still a whole day left" i retorted.

"Hyojin, its alright. I can handle this" He gave me a reassuring smile. Suho seems to be happy im taking on his side. "If its about the budget, yeah i admit i forgot about it. I know im messed up, im sorry"

"Then, can i have it?" he extended his hand infront of Suho.

"Luhan... he might not have it on him now" i said.

"Its not with me right now. I asked two students to take care of it for me. Students from my class" he emphasizes the last sentence.

The air between them ripples with the heat of their enmity. Well, not really. They can't disguise it anymore. I sighed and turn my back at Luhan.

"Suho, i hope you're okay after all of... that. Class is starting soon, so we can talk later. I'll tell Baekhyun you're looking for him" 

"Thanks, Hyojin. I'll be going now" he gives me the angel smile of his and tuns his heel to make the exit.

As soon as Suho walks out the door, I suddenly start feeling reluctant about turning to face them. I can feel Kyungsoo's eyes burning into my back, and i can't bring myself to look at him. He must be furious. In the end, i go back to my seat and heard Kyungsoo's footsteps as he marches out of the room. He doesn't return until a few minutes before class.

 

 

 

Baekhyun doesn't come to the morning class at all, leaving his seat looking empty and lonely at the back of the class. I have to tell him that Suho was looking for him if i see him later.

After the events of this morning, class is pretty boring in comparison. I turn the pages of my textbook lazily. I have a bit catching up to do, despite trying to keep up with my studies at the hospital, but im not feeling enthusiastic about it.

When the bell rings, im not in a hurry because i have nothing to do, so i stay for awhile reviewing what we covered in class today. I noticed Kyungsoo and Luhan have also stay behind, talking to someone from another class. Kyungsoo's signing so fast that his hands make noises like swords cutting through the air. Luhan is trying desperately to keep up, but its clear he can barely manage to even understand him.

I put my head down. Whatever they're discussing, it looks like a serious business. Luhan looks tired, like he's about to faint. Luckily for him, their business is soon finished and they sit down at their seats again.

"Im so tired!" he whined. He's hanging his head limply on his desk, looking exhausted.

"Festival preparations must be tough for you"

Indeed, the people in this school seems to be taking the festival very seriously. Whenever i see people idling around before and after classes they're always talking about their plans for it. Im probably the one who doesn't have something to do. Luhan perks up, looking at his hands with slighty unfocused eyes.

"Well of course, we're in the Student Council, you know. We're pretty busy" then, his eyes trailed from my face, to the person behind me. "Oh? hey there" i look over my shoulder to see Baekhyun peering into the classroom, most of his body hidden behind the door.

"What is it, Baekhyun?" i asked.

"Has Suho been here?" 

"He came by in the morning, though" Baekhyun keeps staring at Kyungsoo, who stares back at him with his usual gaze. What is he trying to do? I bit my lips as they continue their "staring contest".

"Where is he now?"

"If he has any sense in his head, he's in his classroom, working on the festival project. But who knows" Luhan said with a stern voice.

"You need to find him? He was looking for you this morning" Baekhyun groaned while ruffling his hair in frustration. "If you like, i can come with you and search for him. If it okay" Baekhyun doesn't say anything, but gave a little nod.

"Its dinnertime soon. Were you planning to eat with Suho?" he nods again.

So he must trying to get in the cafeteria. I pick up my bag and we take our leave. I skips a little to meet his initial pace so he slow down to match my speed.

 


 

[A/N] Hey im back! i was suppose to be home on Sunday but.. yeah we changed plans and ohmygodd thank you for the upvotes and subscribing to this story! i- /squishes you all.

and to all the silent readers... come out come out juseyo -3-

oh and i got speaking test next week. screams. im so nervous oh god ; - ;

wish me luck!