Chapter 8

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook stared in disgust at Jimin, who loudly slurped his ramen noodles as they sat in front of the convenience store. It was dark outside since it was nearing midnight and there weren’t many people on the streets.

“I'm worried,” Jimin said in between bites.

Jungkook cringed as a noodle spit out of Jimin’s mouth but the other boy didn’t seem to notice as he continued to eat.

“I’m worried too,” Jungkook sighed.

“What if he gets hurt? I heard Yugyeom might be there.” Jimin placed his chopsticks down, his bowl now empty.

“He’ll be okay… he’s Taehyung. He always pulls through,” Jungkook said firmly to reassure himself and Jimin.

“Still…I wish he didn’t have to go to this race,” Jimin huffed.

“You can’t stop him now. When he’s got his mind set on something, he’ll do it. He’s probably already at the car garage right now getting his car ready,” Jungkook replied.

“He’s doing what?! Racing?!”

Jungkook and Jimin froze in their seats. Slowly turning his head, Jimin smiled nervously at Jisoo who was standing in front of the convenience store with wide eyes.

“Racing?” Jimin laughed, waving his hand anxiously. “You obviously heard wrong. We said he was… pacing. Yes! He’s pacing around because he’s … too tired to sleep.”

Jungkook groaned and shook his head at Jimin’s horrible lie. He stood to explain properly to Jisoo but she was already backing away.

“Jisoo, wait!” Jungkook yelled but Jisoo already the balls of her feet and began running.

There was only one mechanic garage in downtown Seoul and Jisoo knew exactly where it was. She heard the sound of pounding feet behind her and urged herself to run faster before Jungkook and Jimin could catch her. All she heard was that Taehyung was possibly in danger because of some race. He was rude to her, sure, but she didn’t want him to get killed by doing something idiotic!

“Jisoo, let us explain!” Jimin cried out from behind her.

Jisoo didn’t respond and instead, turned the corner. Much to her dismay, the gates to the garage were locked tight. Panic seeped into her as she looked over her shoulder and saw Jungkook and Jimin catching up to her.

Here goes nothing, she thought as she gripped the gate and started to climb.

“Get down! You could fall and get hurt!” Jungkook called out.

“No! Taehyung’s about to do something stupid, isn’t he? I have to stop him!” Jisoo retorted, swinging one leg over the gate.

“Come on, Jisoo. Can’t we talk about this?” Jimin pleaded, running towards the gate.

“I don’t want to ta— Kya!”

Jungkook and Jimin flinched as Jisoo hit the ground with a thump. Jungkook reached the gate first and began to climb the gate. Jimin looked through the gate to see Jisoo standing up, though she was stumbling a bit.

“Ouch… that sounded like it hurt,” Jimin muttered.

Jisoo ignored the comment and clutched her arm to her body. The burn from when she burned her soup stung and she blinked away the tears in the corners of her eyes. She tenderly held her arm and began running to the garage, which was now just a few yards in front of her, until she felt someone grab the back of her shirt.

“You’re coming with us. You shouldn’t even be here!” Jungkook reprimanded.

She struggled against him but his grip was too strong. “Let me go! I have to stop that idiot!”

Suddenly, a car’s headlights flashed towards them and the sound of an engine purring caught their attention. Taehyung drove up to Jungkook so the passenger side was closest to them.

“What the hell is going on?” Taehyung asked, staring hard at Jungkook before turning his gaze to Jisoo.

“Damn it, why do you run so fast?” Jimin breathed heavily, finally catching up to them.

“She,” Jungkook tilted his head toward Jisoo and pushed her forward. “Overheard us talking about the race and just suddenly making a mad dash toward the garage to stop you.” Jisoo shot him a nasty glare, which he promptly ignored.

“It’s none of your business,” Taehyung said coldly. “Get lost.”

“No,” Jisoo argued back. “You’re being stupid. This is dangerous!”

“I’ve been through a lot more dangerous things,” Taehyung replied.

Jimin’s ears perked at the sound of another car revving and he quickly grabbed Jisoo’s arm, unaware of the burn and pushed her through the window into Taehyung’s car.

Jisoo screamed in surprise and pain as she landed in a jumbled mess in the passenger seat. Taehyung seemed equally surprised at Jimin’s sudden move.

“What was that for?” Taehyung growled. “Get her out of my car.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter