Chapter 3

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“.”

Taehyung coughed up blood as he clutched his abdomen with his arm, wincing in pain. The blood stained his shirt, leaving it a bright red. He stumbled across the street, breathing heavily. He had lost sight of Jungkook and the rest of the boys when the chaos broke out in the storage room.

Their information had been wrong. JB and Doojoon’s lackeys had all been there at the storage house and Taehyung had not been prepared to fight. Dongwoon had spotted him and Jungkook first when they had snuck into the storage house to plant the listening device. They tried to make a run for it but Yugyeom, Hyunseung, Yoseob, and Mark already had them surrounded.

The fight had been evenly matched for a while since Jin and Hoseok came to help Taehyung and Jungkook, while Yoongi, Namjoon and Jimin were occupied outside fighting Kikwang, Jr, and Bambam. However, when Junhyung came with a gun in hand, things began spiraling out of control. Taehyung just barely avoided a fatal wound but the bullet had grazed his stomach. The boys bolted from the scene after throwing off their opponents and Taehyung had gotten separated from everyone.

He saw a little convenience store at the corner of the street and he pushed the door open with such a force that it made the sole worker in the shop jump in surprise. Jisoo whipped around, frozen to her spot as she watched Taehyung trip through the aisles, grabbing bandages, gauze pads and disinfectant.

His breaths were short as he threw all the items onto the register counter. Jisoo rushed over to the register, eyeing him warily before ringing up his purchases. He slammed down a twenty and took his items without waiting for the change.

“Uh, sir?” Jisoo called out timidly. She knew she barely knew her neighbor but she felt obliged to help, especially when he looked like he was going to topple over any minute.

Taehyung felt the beads of sweat rolling down his face as he struggled to remain conscious. When he heard Jisoo’s voice, the world started spinning around him and everything went mercifully black. Jisoo gasped and ran around the counter to Taehyung as he fainted. She hooked her arm around his waist, careful not to touch his wound and put his arm around her shoulder, hoisting him up.

She struggled under his weight but she somehow made it to the storage room at the back of the store. Jisoo carefully placed him on a cot on the floor and went about tending his wounds. She felt a blush rising as she ed his shirt to examine his wound. He was very toned, despite his skinny and lanky outer appearance.

Jisoo this is not the time for that. Get a grip, she chastised.

Ripping the gauze open with her teeth, Jisoo gently tapped the wound to stop the bleeding. She grimaced once she got a better view of the bullet wound. Jisoo was thankful that he was passed out since the disinfectant would’ve hurt a lot more if he were conscious. She cleaned his wound and threw the bloody gauze pads in the trash. She shuffled through the store and purchased a few more gauze pads with her own money before going back to the storage room and putting them over his wound.

Much to her relief, he wasn’t writhing in his sleep anymore and his face looked more peaceful. She let out a shaky breath and stood up to go back to her position at the register. The night was slow and there weren’t many customers coming around at 2 a.m. Her eyes were getting sleepy but she fought the drowsiness by slapping her cheeks every time she felt herself drifting.

“Come on, Jisoo. Only one more hour and we’re done with our shift,” she muttered to herself. After ringing up a couple that seemed drunk and a young teenage boy, she was finally done working for the night. She stretched her arms high above her head and let out a yawn.

She timidly walked back to the storage room with fresh gauze pads in hand as well as a new shirt that she found while rummaging through some old boxes in the corner of the storage room. Jisoo reached over to take off the old gauze pads when Taehyung’s eyes snapped open. He gripped her wrist and shoved her to the floor, pinning her under him. 

Fear washed over her at first, sending her into a panic. Jisoo tried to wrench her wrist from his grip but her struggles just made him grip it even tighter. She closed her eyes and took in rapid breaths, calming herself; reminding herself that this wasn't him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter