Chapter 24

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep.

Where am I?

Beep.

“Don’t die on me…”

Beep.

Everything was a blur until the whole world faded to black once more.

He hated the hospital. He really ing hated it.

Taehyung sat on the hard, stony chair outside the surgery room waiting.

Another thing he hated: waiting.

His head hung low and his eyes were glaring hard holes in the ground. Namjoon and Yoongi stood on the other side of the hall, leaning against the wall with grim frowns on their face. Hoseok was silently crying around the corner with Jin comforting him as best as he could. Jungkook and Jimin sulked on the bench across from Taehyung, murmuring quiet worries to each other.

Everyone stayed near but kept a certain distance from Taehyung, giving him space to himself. His fists were pale white from clenching them so tightly.

If only he had been faster.

If only he had been smarter.

If only he had been stronger.

If only he had been better, this wouldn’t have happened.

His shirt and hands were still stained with blood but he refused to be treated until the doctor came out to tell him the prognosis. The nurses tried over and over to get him checked up but he snarled at them every time they got near and they eventually gave up. Besides, he thought bitterly to himself, the blood on his hands wasn’t all his own.

The scene replayed in his mind like a movie scene on repeat. It all happened so fast and in a matter of seconds. How did she find him? How did she get there? How did she know that the drug deal was fake? So many questions floated around in his mind with no answers. When she fell to the ground bleeding, he feared for the worst.

Bang Shihyuk ran as soon as Taehyung’s attention was diverted and his bodyguards followed suit in the midst of the chaos. Taehyung cradled Jisoo’s bleeding, frail body in his arms as tears escaped his eyes.

“Don’t ing die on me, Kwon Jisoo,” he shouted, picking her up. The boys took her to the nearest hospital and they were currently entering their fourth hour waiting for the doctor to come out of the surgery room.

“Please be okay,” Taehyung heard Yoongi whisper. Namjoon patted Yoongi’s shoulder but said nothing in reassurance. “Pull through, Kitty…” Jimin murmured quietly. Taehyung’s heart sank as time ticked by. A rush of emotions overcame him. He was sad, then angry, then furious, then hopeless.

If she doesn’t make it then…

How will I survive? He thought desperately. His eyes remained fixated on the spots of blood on his hand and he tried to erase the memory of her warm blood spilling endlessly as he held her close.

“Taehyung?”

Everyone in the hall tensed at the presence of a new visitor and a low, feral growl erupted from Taehyung’s. Before anyone could stop him, he shot up from his seat, closed the distance between himself and the new visitor and gripped her shoulders hard.

Suzy let out a small cry of pain and her eyes went wide with fear as she stared straight into Taehyung’s furious eyes. Jimin and Jin bolted towards Taehyung and wrenched him off of Suzy before turning their cold gazes back to the girl.

“Now’s not a good time,” Namjoon merely said from his position against the wall. His voice was devoid of emotion but Suzy could see the underlying hate and contempt in his eyes that were aimed towards her.  She bit her lip and averted her gaze to the floor.  Her fingers trembled as she gripped the edge of her shirt tightly.

“I know but I just wanted to say I’m sorry,” she apologized with a wobbly voice. She swallowed deeply and tried to force back the hot tears forming in the corners of her eyes. “It’s all my fault Jisoo ended up like this…”

At her confession, the hall went dead quiet.

“What…” Jungkook started, but was unable to form the words to complete his sentence. He calmed himself down before continuing, “What the hell are you talking about?”

Suzy’s legs gave out and she leaned against the hospital wall for support. “Well…”

Suzy sat in Jackson’s room, waiting for him to finish his meeting with the boys. It was taking longer than usual, which concerned her along with the fact that Jackson seemed to be distant lately. She paced around his room, bored and tired. Their meeting was now entering its third hour and she couldn’t help but be curious as to what was taking so long.

“One peek won’t hurt,” she whispered to herself.

She quietly moved towards the door and gripped the knob and turned it as quietly as she could. The creaking sound of the knob turning made her wince but thankfully no one heard. Looking out through the small crack in the door, she saw Jackson, JB, Mark, Yugyeom, Bambam, Jr., and Youngjae sitting in a circle in the living room. She leaned forward a bit, straining to hear what they were talking about.

“So the drug deal is fake right?” Yugyeom asked for confirmation.

Jackson nodded and gave a feral smirk. “That’s right. Those idiots have no idea they’re being played.”

“We can finally get rid of them,” JB sighed in relief. “They’ve been a pain in our asses for so long.”

“So it’s going to be us and Doojoon hyung and the other hyungs at the warehouse with Bang Shihyuk?” Bambam muttered. “He sure is taking no chances. He must really want them gone.”

“Don’t forget, we have the police on our side too,” Jr. reminded them.

Suzy’s hand instinctively covered to muffle her gasp. She quickly shut the door and dived

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter