Makeover

She's the Man (Literally)
Baekhyun gulps as he looks up at the building in front of him, the scent of chemicals and sweet smelling shampoos already wafting towards his nose from outside.
He would try to run, he really would, if he could.
But, unfortunately, due to the death grips from his kidnappers friends on his arms from either side, that possibility is no longer available.
Kai's grinning like no other on one side, red hair even brighter in the sunlight, while Lay squints with a drowsy look on his face from the other.
"Tao should be inside already, hmm?" Kai winks over at Baekhyun, a smug look on his face.
Baekhyun gulps.
"Yup," Kai continues, "probably already inside with a big pair of scissors just waiting to snip off your-"
"Manhood." Lay finishes, expression blank.
Baekhyun's stomach drops.
"I was gonna say dignity but that works too" Kai says with a nod, high-fiving Lay over Baekhyun's head.
It takes some significant pushing and pulling before the duo manage to drag their victim inside, all three looking severely windswept and Baekhyun sporting a scowl after receiving a rather hard, supposedly "coaxing" slap on the from Lay.
It isn't long before a familiar figure is standing before them, decked out in a solid black outfit with gold trim and topped with a new head of red hair scarily similar to Kai's own.
"Well this seems fun already" Tao grins mischievously as he leans against the front desk, eyes sweeping over Baekhyun's disheveled appearance.
"All right my minions, bring him back" Tao says as he spins to head further into the salon, gathering supplies as he makes his way towards the sinks.
Struggle at this point is useless, Baekhyun decides, as he's pretty much carried behind Tao's receding figure like some sort of sacrifice.
"Why do I need some makeover, again?" Baekhyun huffs as he's dropped into one of the black swivel chairs sitting in front of the sinks.
"Well, correct me if I'm wrong on this," Tao begins, hip cocked as he twirls a bottle of some shampoo in either hand, "but you are attending this college as a girl, correct? And according to my vast knowledge, most girls can tell who's one of their own gender if they look close enough, and, despite your prominent feminine characteristics, Baek, you are in desperate need of my help if you don't want to be chewed up and spat back out as soon as you come face to face with one of the many girls you will soon be surrounded with in the near future" he finishes in one breath as he reclines Baekhyun in his chair, staring down at the other with an eyebrow raised before flicking the taps on with well-practiced ease.
And that's pretty much the last full sentence Baekhyun hears before the sound of rushing water fills his ears as Tao begins.
Baekhyun sighs in defeat and can't help but let his eyes close as Tao works his magic, because he's a er for head massages and Tao gives a pretty damn good one.
"So, how are my minions doing?" Tao smiles at the two standing next to him as he continues massaging shampoo into Baekhyun's hair.
"Recovering from your latest dose of chemicals to our heads, thanks very much," Lay replies, running a hand through his own light brown hair.
Kai just stands there with his mouth slightly parted, as if the question didn't quite get through.
"See, still recovering" Lay continues as he waves a hand in Kai's face before giving him a small slap on the cheek. 
Kai finally seems to snap out of it then, blushing as Tao gives him a concerned look, hands still working on Baekhyun's head.
"Well, I think the red looks great on Kai, thank you very much, I even used a little on myself and I'm still fine" Tao replies as he grabs the nozzle to rinse the shampoo out of Baekhyun's hair.
"You just think you're fine, Tao, cuz you dye your hair, like, everyday. I'm starting to think it's effecting your mind, you know, kinda mad-hatter style" Lay ponders, to which Tao simply grins like a mad-hatter before grabbing a bright purple container of some hair product.
"Oooh, purple? I kinda like that idea" Kai pipes in with an excited grin, and Tao glances over at him.
"Just conditioner, actually, sorry to burst your bubble," he says with a fake pout, pausing after he squirts some into his palms. "But purple could be a possible option for you, later" he says with a thoughtful look, smiling slightly before turning back to Baekhyun.
"Good luck and farewell to your braincells, my friend," Lay sighs with a pat on Kai's shoulder, turning around to head out of the washing area.
"I'm gonna go grab a drink, you haven't hidden them again, have you Tao?" Lay calls over his shoulder.
"I guess you'll find out" Tao singsongs back, gaze focused on Baekhyun's head.
"Do you think him roaming by himself is a very good idea?" Kai begins, pointing after Lay.
"Absolutely not" Tao replies instantly, gaze still focused on Baekhyun's head.
Kai decides to let Lay take his chances, allowing himself to gaze a little at Tao as the other works conditioner into Baekhyun's hair.
'He really knows what he's doing,' Kai ponders, despite the fact that Tao is simply washing Baekhyun's hair, 'and he looks pretty damn fine in that outfit, his legs, his arms, his torso, his face which is currently looking at me-' 
Kai's snapped from his thoughts, however, with that last realization, mouth snapping shut for a second time.
"Do me a favor?" Tao questions with raised brows.
"I'll do you," Kai says instantly, choking quite unattractively when he hears his own words, "a favor, I'll do you a favor" he manages to cough out, pink tinging his cheeks.
Fortunately, Tao had been too busy moving products around to hear Kai's little slip-up, turning back around only to see Kai hacking on air.
"Oh dear, please don't die," Tao says with mild concern, to which Kai rolls his eyes as he finally regains his breath.
"Oh, good, you didn't. Now hold this nozzle for me while I go grab some stuff and make sure Lay didn't get lost again" Tao continues, handing the wet nozzle over to Kai and walking quickly past.
"Just leave the water running, I'll rinse his hair when I'm back" Tao calls out, leaving Kai with a possibly sleeping Baekhyun.
Kai drags a stool over with one foot, plopping down with a sigh and draping an arm across Baekhyun from behind as he leans his head against the cool sink.
Minus the faint gurgling sounds interrupting the background noise of hairdryers and a voice that sounds like Tao calling out for Lay, Kai's pretty much left with his thoughts. Still slightly mortified from his slip-up, Kai sighs again against the sink. A hand, Kai assumes as Baekhyun's, taps against the arm he has draped across the other, and Kai pats his shoulder back with a hum, consumed in his thoughts.
Kai blames the incessant tapping on Baekhyun's habit of moving in his sleep occasionally, something he'd become aware of over the years.
They'd all known each other since they were kids, despite some of the s. Kai, Lay, Baekhyun, Baekhyun's older brother Suho, and Tao had pretty much grown up together, countless sleepovers and get togethers contributing to their childhood. Suho had left for college a couple years ahead of them, being the oldest of their group, and Tao had pursued his dreams of becoming a stylist which, so far, had been pretty successful. Leaving Kai and Lay in their last year of highschool and Baekhyun starting his first at college. Over the years they'd grown as close as brothers, except recently, Kai wasn't very sure if ogling your brother's backside was something most people did-
"You do realize you're drowning our subject, right?" a voice drawls from behind Kai, interrupting his thoughts, and he snaps upright, followed by a very wet Baekhyun gasping for air in front of him.
"Jesus! Are you guys actually trying to kill me?!" Baekhyun sputters, turning around to glare at Kai.
'So that's what the gurgling was' Kai realizes as he smiles sheepishly at his friend.
Apparently, Kai's grip on the nozzle had gradually turned while he'd been thinking to spray into Baekhyun's face, primarily into his slightly parted mouth.
Unfortunately, due to Kai's arm slung across Baekhyun's torso from behind, the latter couldn't sit up either as the water sprayed into his face.
Hence, the gurgling.
'I guess he wasn't just moving in his sleep either,' Kai thinks as he scoots away from the angry Baekhyun. 
Whoops.
"Who even put Kai in charge of the wat-" Baekhyun starts, cut off as Tao covers his head in a fluffy towel.
"There, there, princess, what's important is that you are alive and well," Tao coos while rubbing Baekhyun's head, sending a similar 'whoops' look in Kai's direction and suppressing giggles.
Kai blushes again and opens his mouth to say something when he's cut off by a large slurping noise. Turning around, he sees Lay leaning against the archway into their room, lifting a purple can of soda in hand to take another loud slurp before grinning with purple-stained lips in Tao's direction. 
"Found your secret stash, Taozi, and I'm particularly fond of the purple so far," he says with a smack of his lips, to which Tao narrows his eyes but simply leads Baekhyun past with the damp towel slung around his neck.
But not before leaning back in to snap said damp towel rather harshly across Lay's backside, emitting a yelp of pain (through another mouthful of purple soda) from his victim.
Chuckling, Tao leads Baekhyun into a dimmer, slightly warmer room where he lays him down in a reclined chair. Baekhyun, the tips of his black hair beginning to dry, lets out a sigh as he relaxes comfortably in his squishy chair, looking forward to Tao working more on his hair.
What he does not expect, however, is to feel something kind of thick and warm spread across his face, right above his upper lip.
Not that it feels bad though, more like warm honey spreading onto his skin. Cracking an eye open, Baekhyun glances up at Tao's face hovering over him with an expression of concentration.
"Is this like, a bonus face massage too?" Baekhyun mumbles as best as he can without eating what's on his face.
"Sure Baek, something like that," Tao replies as he reaches over to a nearby table to grab something white. Baekhyun closes his eyes again as he feels a slight pressure on the warmth on his face, mumbling something along the lines of "you're so nice, TaoTao" under his breath.
Tao giggles.
And then the warmth on Baekhyun's face is replaced with an instant burning sensation as Tao takes off the pressure.
Really fast.
Baekhyun squeals and sits upright, eyes closed in pain as he clutches his lip.
"What the hell was that?!!" he nearly screams, hearing shushes from Tao and what sounds like Lay and Kai from somewhere in the room as well.
"Wax, of course, you don't want to be a stubbly girl, do you?" Tao asks with faux-innocent eyes, turning his gaze to examine the now barely hair-covered white strip in his hand.
"Baekhyun? Stubbly?" he hears from who he thinks is Kai, followed by a snort of laughter from Lay as the two giggle like five-year olds.
"Now come now, I've gotta arch those eyebrows," Tao orders with a firm hand pressing Baekhyun back down despite his protests.
After a sufficient amount of screams, hits, and curses thrown into the air, Tao finally slathers some cooling oil on Baekhyun's face (and legs which received the waxing treatment as well) and guides him back up, directing him past the giggling duo in the corner.
"Hair tiiime," Tao singsongs, hands propelling a slightly pink and swollen Baekhyun forward quickly.
"Am I gonna have to wear a wig? Oh no, I'm gonna be stuck with a wig and what if it falls off or gets really itchy or clashes with my outfits?!" Baekhyun wails dramatically, earning an eye roll from the taller red haired boy behind him.
"Um, hello princess, ever heard of a pixie cut?" Tao remarks, already whisking Baekhyun into a chair and snapping a black cover around his subject's neck.
At this point Baekhyun simply closes his eyes and awaits his fate.
Even though he may actually be a little bit excited, because he may or may not have already heard of pixie cuts, and he may or may not have believed they would look fabulous on him
Just saying
Tao spritzes some water into Baekhyun's hair before pulling out his favorite pair of scissors (leopard print and extremely sharp) and going to work on Baekhyun's already short hair.
Which is why it doesn't take very long at all before Tao's whipping out another moisturizing spray, working it through Baekhyun's black hair, and then blow-drying and straightening out the newly styled strands.
Baekhyun hums contentedly at the warmth surrounding his head and neck area from the blow-dryer, eyes stilled closed. And then he's being turned around in his chair, opening his eyes to see Tao's face in front of him with a look of concentration as he analyzes his work.
"You have been perfect for me today, Baek, and I thank you despite your incessant squealing, but I need to just complete. the look. really. fast" Tao says as he turns to fish into one of his drawers, pulling out a bag (also leopard print) and then reclining Baekhyun once more in his chair.
"Just hold still," Tao mutters while leaning over Baekhyun with some slender stick-looking object in hand, before gently holding Baekhyun's eye area down and using the stick to smudge lightly around his eyes.
Baekhyun cracks an eye open when he hears a whistle of appreciation from Tao, spotting the other sitting across from him with a smug look on his face.
"I do believe I am done, Baekkie, and I do believe I have successfully transformed you," Tao says as he stands and unclips the cover from around Baekhyun's neck, spinning him around again to face the mirror. Tao dramatically wiggles the cover down from in front of Baekhyun's face to reveal his work, grinning crazily from over Baekhyun's shoulder.
Even Baekhyun can't keep his mouth completely shut when he sees himself, because, well, what he sees in the mirror is a girl.
A hot girl.
His hair is styled into an edgy pixie cut, a slight bang swooping just above his eyeliner-smudged eyes. His face appears completely hairless, no upper lip hair, no sideburns, with dark eyebrows arching elegantly but with a subtle appearance.
"Ta daaa," Tao says as he claps his hands together like a happy seal, occasionally reaching out to fix or adjust some small detail in Baekhyun's hair.
Kai and Lay come around the corner, evidently back from raiding Tao's soda stash since Lay has a blue one now and Kai has one to match.
Their conversation is cut short however, when they spot Baekhyun.
"Dayuuum," Kai starts with a surprised expression, "you look-"
"Terrible" Lay cuts him off.
Tao gasps.
"Just kidding, I was trying to say hot but my mouth was too preoccupied with this new soda" Lay continues with a straight face, losing control and laughing when Tao goes at him with his scissors still in hand.
Baekhyun stands from his chair and shakes off any last pieces of hair before turning to the mirror.
Maybe this makeover was a good idea.
Not to mention how right he was about the fabulousness of a pixie cut on himself
And this also makes everything so much more real, the fact that he's really going to college disguised as a girl.
But Baekhyun's cut off from his nervous thoughts as Kai comes up behind him.
"You really do look great Baek, Tao really transformed you into a girl" Kai comments with a nod as he rests his chin on Baekhyun's shoulder, fingers playfully poking the other's sides.
"But we're still gonna have to do something about these," Kai continues with a grin as his hands come up to pat Baekhyun's chest.
Baekhyun yelps and pushes Kai away, hands coming up to cover himself protectively.
"Don't worry, we will soon!" Tao calls over his shoulder from where he's currently sitting on Lay, the brown haired boy still laughing as he finishes off his soda defiantly in Tao's face.
"Tao will be doing that, thank you very much, and only a little bit" Baekhyun huffs at Kai, his friend still grinning at him.
"Oooh," Kai singsongs, coming at Baekhyun with both hands poking around playfully, "what's it gonna be Baekkie?" 
"Double D!" Lay shouts out, still being sat on by Tao.
Baekhyun punches Kai (lightly of course) in the stomach before darting past and strutting towards the front of the salon.
The other three make their way to the front as well, Kai still grinning as Baekhyun scowls at him and Lay looking like he's beginning to wonder whether two sodas back to back was a good idea in a salon with a bathroom he'd never find in time.
Tao comes over to pat Baekhyun on the head, full of pride as he looks over his transformation.
"Great job today Baek, I can tell you're gonna be a great girl, I can sense it!" Tao compliments.
"I know Umm, thanks?" Baekhyun replies, "But really, thanks for the whole makeover, TaoTao, despite some of the torture you put me through," he continues before being engulfed in a hug by the other.
"Beauty is pain," Tao whispers into Baekhyun's hair, "but you're welcome!" he finishes cheerfully, pulling away from Baekhyun and hustling the three through the front door. 
"Anyways, have fun you three" Tao calls out, giving a thumbs up sign.
"Oh, and someone help Lay find a bathroom before he pisses himself," Tao continues with a laugh while Lay hurriedly walks toward their car.
"Karma for drinking my sodas!" Tao shouts out at Lay's receding figure.
"Whatever!" Lay shouts back before gently lowering himself into the car.
"For the love of whosever's car this is, please get me to the nearest toilet possible" Lay mutters with his eyes closed.
"This is your car, Lay" Baekhyun replies, starting the ignition.
Kai laughs.
"Then for the love of whoever doesn't want to be peed on get me to the nearest bathroom, because I will, especially you, Kai, for making me drink that second one" Lay continues, unfazed.
A look of terror crosses Kai's face.
"Please hurry, Baek" he says, inching away from Lay's still form in the backseat.
"Safety first" Baekhyun singsongs, waiting for the other two to quickly buckle up before grinning and pulling out of the parking lot to head back to the apartment.
He can't stop glancing at himself in the mirror, his excitement and nervousness building with each look.
Because now he only has a couple more days left before he goes to move in, due to the early admission that athletes have to do at Illyria.
Which means checking into his dorm room.
And meeting his roommate.
His girl roommate.
And that's when Tao's disguise will truly stand to the test.