Friends through Living Arrangements

Star Illusion

~Stella's POV~

I unlocked the door to my apartment and stepped inside. All the lights were off. She must have gone to relive some memories. I the lamp by the couch and plopped myself down. I pulled my glasses from my face and leaned my head against the top of the couch.

I thought about what happened at the library.“…” Was that guy about to say something or was he some weirdo? I shook my head. Probably some weirdo, that’s all I seem to attract now-a-days.

The knob on the front door turned and Chimera walked in. There is the other weirdo that found me. “You’re home already? What happened at the library to make you leave before closing?” Chimera said, poking at my weird obsession with the library.

“I do like being here sometimes too. Anyway, I felt like I was being watched.” I shivered at the thought of eyes on me. I had looked around the library, but everyone was minding their own business. “I thought it best to leave before it got dark.”

“Well that’s nice…” She took a seat on the sofa, leaving a whole cushion space between us. “Well, anyway I…” Oh gosh, here she goes talking about her day. She just moved to back to Korea from the States. I’m her only friend at the moment so she has the need to tell me EVERYTHING that happened in her day. Lucky me…

~Chimera’s POV~

“Stella, will you at least pretend you are listening?” I swear, sometimes I just want to hit this girl. She’s so quiet and spends almost every waking moment at the library. I don’t get what is so awesome about the library, but it matches her personality. Quiet and BORING.

“I thought I was pretending well.” She answered with a smirk. I gave her a look. “MY gosh, you come in here every day expecting me to listen to your day.” I sighed and slammed my head into the sofa. My high school friends would love to hear me talk like this.

“Well, I tried making a friend today. I found this café I used to go to in high school and I chatted up this guy at the bar.” Stella nodded. I seemed to have gotten her attention a little at least. “He seem’d pretty nice but I didn’t want to ask for his number. That would have been weird.” I wished I would have asked him who the Jonghyun person he called was.

“Were you trying to pick him up or was he trying to get you?” Her eyes scanned my faces. I saw amusement in her eyes.

“Neither, I said I was trying to make friends.” I watched disappointment cover her face and she buried her head deeper into the couch. “What do you like gossip or something?” Maybe it would be easier to live with her if I knew what she liked.

“No, it’s just I like the chase when a boy tried to win over a girl.” She clasped her hands together and went into her dreamland. “That’s how a lot of my books go. It makes my heart flutter every time.” She sighed.

I stared at her like she sprouted a second head.You are one strange girl. I think you need to get your head out those books.” I got up from the sofa and headed into the kitchen. “What do you want to eat tonight?”

“Whatever you feel like making.” There she goes back into that non social bookworm. I sighed and tried to figure out what to make. So much for making friends.