Introductions of Sorts

Star Illusion

~Minhyuk’s POV~

I finished putting up all the books on the chart already. I went back to the spot where I saw her. She was still there reading, her hand under her chin, book held up by her right hand, and her whole face stuck in an expression of concentration. A piece of her cinnamon hair was resting on the table. She used her left hand to move her glasses back up on her nose. What the hell am I doing?

I watched for a little longer, feeling more and more like a creeper with each second. Go talk to her! I screamed at myself. I tried to move myself from behind the bookcase but found my feet glued to the floor. GO! I gave myself a mental push and found I was already a few feet from the table.

She looked up from her book to acknowledge I was there before lowering her head again. I pulled out a chair from the table and sat down. I couldn’t look at her though so I stared at the bookcase to the far right or my fingers or really anything that wasn’t her. I saw her peek over the top of her book at me. Gah! She is looking at me. I opened my mouth to say hello. “…” No sound came out. She was still watching for my next move. My cheeks were on fire.

I slid the chair back and got up as fast as I could. I ran behind some shelves and leaned against them. My heart was in over drive and my face felt like it had sunburn. Nice social skills, Minhyuk… I sighed.  I really want to talk to her. At least to get to know her name.

~Jonghyun’s POV~

“Go talk to her…” I mumbled to myself. Chimera was still in the café talking to a person at the bar like they were old friends. I’ve been sitting here for an hour trying to convince myself to talk to her. So far it hasn’t worked. I leaned back in the beanbag and ran my fingers through my hair. I don’t understand why I can’t do it.

Worst case scenario is that she remembers me and totally hates me. There is no reason for her to hate you. She broke up with YOU. I sighed; I doubt she’ll recognize me though. She moved back to the States when we were in high school. I think I’ve have changed a lot look wise. Maybe it would be best if she doesn’t know who I am. Fresh start… yeah…

I pushed against the beanbag and stood up, popping my stiff joints. I put my foot out to take a step forward but pulled it back. Should I brother her? She looked like she was in deep conversation; it would be rude to interrupt. Stop making excuses. I shook my head and took a few steps forward before stopping again.

The guy at the bar turned around in his chair and spotted me. He waved at me, “Hey, Jonghyun, I didn’t know you were here.” The guy at the bar said. I had no idea who he was but I was a regular so everyone knew me.

Chimera started to turn in her chair. Oh snap. I felt my heart race and felt this little adrenaline rush.  Fight or Flight? I turned quickly towards the entrance of the café and ran. I couldn’t talk to her just yet. Flight it is.