Prologue

Star Illusion

~Minhyuk’s POV~

“Where is it… Rrrrr…Rt…r… Ah!” I picked up the book off the chart and placed it in its spot on the shelf. “You’re back with your other friends.” I murmured to the book. Then I felt a little silly and just laughed it off. I pushed the chart on ward to put the rest of the books where they belong.

I stopped pushing for a second and looked through the selves of books at a table with a girl sitting at it. She was alone again; her only partner was the book in her hand. She had a new book today, but I was too far away to see the title. I felt my heart beat a little faster, a little harder than before.

I clutched my shirt and took a deep breath. I stared at her for a few seconds longer, imagining a conversation I would have with her. Then I started to push my cart of books again. I picked one off the top and stared at it. I wish there was a book on you.

~Jonghyun’s POV~

I pressed my back against the beanbag I was sitting in. I was in the backroom of a little coffee shop trying to filter my thoughts. It was tiny and didn’t really have tables to sit at because the things that looked like tables were really a chess/checkers board. The game pieces were in a draw under the game board/table.

I looked at the paper I was writing lyrics on. They didn’t make sense at all. I let out a sigh and let the person at the microphone right now fill me with their music. The café let who ever wanted to play, play. It was interesting to hear the different people.

I looked up at the doorway of the little room I was in and saw a girl walk in. She looks familiar. She turned her head from side to side as if looking for something. I caught her face in the dim light. I took a sharp breath and felt my heart flutter rapidly. She’s back. She is finally back.