Who is CN Blue?

Star Illusion

~Chimera’s POV~

I woke up early the next morning and went through my daily routine. By the time I was done it was going on 10 am. Might as well go explore some more. I knocked on Stella’s door and waited for an answer. I opened the door and saw she was still fast asleep, a bear tucked under her arm. Of course, I choose to live with a girl who acts like a twelve year old. When I saw the ad in the newspaper for a girl wanting a roommate, I thought I would get someone just like me. No, I get Stella.

I sighed and closed the door. I was going to see if she would hang out with me, but I didn’t want to find out how she acts when someone wakes her up. ‘Went out, be back soon. Text you if I might be late.’ I wrote the message on a post it and left it on the counter. I don’t know why I’m leaving a note. Stella is not my mom, hell she is barely my friend.

I walked out into the crisp morning air and sighed in the beauty of Seoul in the morning. San Francisco is nice but Seoul is my real home. I walked up the street and pasted in front of that café I went to yesterday. I wonder if that guy I talked to is there.  I could go for some coffee too.

I opened the door and the little bell chimed. The place was pretty empty with the expectation of a few of the artist type people. I ordered a coffee and looked around the place for the guy. He’s not here. I sighed and took a seat at the chessboard table set. I sipped my coffee looking in the faces of the few people here to see if I saw anyone familiar. No luck.

I sat at table sipping my coffee, sulking.  I hate my dad for making me move in high school, now I’m alone in Seoul with a weird roommate. I finished my coffee and was about to get up and leave when this guy approached me.

At first I thought he might be a hobo. He had this thick beard that covered his face, hat pulled down low and made sure his jacket was pulled tightly around him. Then I noticed the beard looked all shiny and fake I saw the person’s eyes and my heart fluttered. No way would that happen if he was hobo. No, this guy’s eyes reminded me of someone. I tried to remember who but I couldn’t do it.

The guy cleared his throat and started to talk in this fake deep voice. “Hey there miss, are you doing anything tonight?” What the hell? Was this guy trying to ask me out looking like this?

“Well as a matter of fact I am.” This guy was starting to creep me out a little. I caught his eyes again and my heart went into over drive.

Disappointment covered the guy’s face but he quickly recovered. “Well if you find time, you should check out this band.” The guy handed me a flyer with the words ‘CN BLUE’ on it. Who is CN BLUE? I looked up again about to ask him who they were but the guy was already gone.

I felt something on the back and flipped the flyer over. Two tickets were taped to it. I took out my cell phone and texted Stella, maybe she knows who they are.

I put my phone away and leaned back against the chair I was in. I wonder who that guy was… I pondered about it for a little while till I felt my head start to ache. I looked down at the tickets on the flyer. I don’t care who CN Blue is. I need a little fun right now.

~Stella’s POV~

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I felt a little aggravated about putting my book down. It was about to get to a scene where the couple have their first kiss. So romantic. I looked down at my phone and saw a text from Chimera. “Who is CN BLUE? I just got two free tickets to see them tonight.” I texted her back saying,“IDK, probably just another idol group or something.” There were too many idol groups for me to keep up with anymore.

I was about to get back to reading when my phone vibrated again. “Will you come with me to see them? :)I sighed and texted back with a “Yes” so she wouldn’t bother me about it later. I’ve never been to a concert before… I thought about what could happen at the concert. Maybe I’ll meet a boy. I smiled at the thought and started to go into my dreamland of how that relationship would play out.

I’ve never had a boyfriend; jeez I don’t even know any boys other then family members. I went to an all girls’ school and never went to a dance. I was never asked to go. I didn’t have any real friends either. My nose was always stuck in a book or my head was in the clouds of when I would have a boyfriend. 

I gave a dreamy sigh as my fantasy came to a close. I would need to go home soon to shower and get ready for the concert. Maybe I should find some information about CN Blue before actually going to see them. I looked around the library for a free computer but they were booked with people. Maybe I can ask someone.

I got up from the table and looked between the bookshelves for someone to ask. I stopped and saw one of the people who put books back on the shelves. I walked up to him and saw it was the same guy who sat my table the other day. His eyes showed surprised and a little smile played on his lips, like he was trying to hold it back. I felt my face heat a little from the attention. “Ummm… Hi, I was just wondering if you knew something about a band called…” I took my phone out real quick to check the name. “CN BLUE? My friend got some tickets and she invited me to go and…” I trailed off. Why was I telling him all this?

The guy’s face lit up like a child who just got a candy bar. “They are this really awesome band and have this sound that anyone would love…” He went on to say more about the band but I found myself studying his face. His cheeks were kind of chubby and his eyes almost seemed like they were smiling like his mouth. My gosh, he is so cute. His hair was a soft brown and his ears had two little gold stud earrings in them.

I noticed he was looking at me funny and I felt my heart flutter. He had stopped talking. “O… umm… you seem like a big fan so I’m guessing you’ll be there?” I smiled trying to hide how his smile made me feel a little light headed.

“Yeah I’ll be there for sure,” He held out his hand, “My name is Kang Minhyuk, what is yours?”

I grabbed his hand noticing how much rougher it felt compared to mine. “Aurea Stella, I hope I’ll see you tonight then?” He was still holding my hand; his face looked like he was in bliss.

“Yeah, you’ll see me. There is no way you would miss me.” He must have noticed he was still holding my hand because he dropped it and just smiled.

My hand was tingling with heat and I felt my lips turn up in a smile. “Okay, well I better get going then…” I waved at him goodbye before walking past him to leave. I was lost in my dream world again before I walked out the library.