Depression

Star Illusion

~Minhyuk’s POV~

I pressed the buttons the on the controller aimlessly. Next to me, Jungshin was all over the place with his elbows trying to kill my character. BOOM!  The T.V. sounded and the words “Player 2 wins” popped up on the screen. Jungshin put his arms up in victory and I just slammed my head into the couch. Why can’t I stop failing at everything! This was the 10thtime he beat me today.  Jungshin turned to me with a smile on his face then he let it drop. “What’s wrong with you today? You are usually at least trying to push me or something when I win.” I looked at him and turned back to the T.V.

“I’m just not feeling so hot right now…” I let myself fall over on the couch and I sighed into a pillow. Everything just …

Jungshin reached over and felt my forehead. “You don’t have a fever. What has you in such a bad mood?” Jungshin rubbed my back with his hand, trying to make me feel better.

“I screwed up with trying to talk to this girl and now she’ll never like me.” I turned my face into the pillow. I started screaming weird sounds into the pillow.

“Aw come on, Minhyuk! I doubt she hates you because you messed up talking once. Why don’t you try again?” Jungshin grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me up so I was sitting. My face was all red and felt wet from I don’t know what. “You have to be a man about this. Stop sulking about it.”

“It’s hard to talk to her!” I leaned over so my head was resting on Jungshin’s shoulder. I pulled my legs up so they were crossed on the sofa. “I couldn’t even make a sound when I tried to talk to her! I looked stupid.” I felt my lip tremble.

Jungshin patted the top of my head. “Why don’t you practice talking to me and I’ll act like her? Than when you try to talk to her again you won’t be as nervous.” I thought about it for a second. It could help…

“Okay, but let me get you a few things.” I jumped off the couch and ran to my room. I grabbed a book and a pair of fake glasses I have. I went back into the living room and handed them to Jungshin. “Go sit at the kitchen table and pretend to read then when I come over to try and talk just sort of look at me over the book.” Jungshin put on the glasses and sat at the table. He had both hands on the book and sat straight up. “No, put one hand under your chin and kind of lean on it. Be relaxed also.” He followed what I said but he still looked uncomfortable.

I watched Jungshin from the living room as if I was hiding behind a bookshelf watching Her. I took a deep breath but it didn’t seem right. My heart wasn’t beating a mile a minute and my stomach was all calm not as fluttery like when I see Her. I walked over to the table and pulled out a chair. Jungshin looked at me over the book. I could tell he was smiling and trying to hold back from laughing. “Hey there, my name is Minhyuk, what is yours?” I held out my hand. I feel stupid.

Jungshin put the book down. “Well hello there you y man, my name is Merissa.” He gave me a y smile.

“No way would she say that!” I threw up my hands and slammed them down on the table. Then I rest my cheek on the table. “This is hopeless. I’ll never be able to talk to her. I don’t even know her name.” I blew out a long breath. I just knew Merissa wasn’t it.

“You can do it, man. Just be as cute and outgoing as you usually are. You are so playful and talkative when we see fans.” Jungshin got up from the table and slapped me on the back.

“Yeah… I can try that…” Jungshin left me at the table. I sighed again. She isn’t like fans who already love me. I don’t think she even knows who I am.

~Jonghyun’s POV~

I put my guitar into my case. Behind me, Yonghwa was doing the same. We had just finished doing a broadcast and we were about to head out. “Yonghwa, do you wish that ‘We got Married’ never ended?” I pulled my guitar case strap over my shoulder.

Yonghwa went still for a moment than turned to look at me. “A lot of the time I do. Why do you ask?” He pulled his strap onto his shoulder and we walked towards the car.

“It’s I wished this girl had never left high school. I saw her the other day and all this stuff resurfaced.” I opened the trunk and stowed my guitar there. I opened the passenger door and got in. “If she hadn’t left, I think we would still be together.” Yonghwa climbed into the driver seat and started to back out of the place.

“Did you talk to her or something?” He stopped at a red light and looked at me.

“Well… no, I kind of chickened out.” I rested my head against the seat of the car. “She left high school because she moved to the States and I haven’t seen or heard from her since then. She broke up with me before I left because she didn’t believe in long distinct relationships.”

“So why did you chicken out again?” He took a left turn.

“I don’t know. I kept thinking she hates me or she won’t even recognize me or a lot of stupid things.” I put my hands to my face and slid them down my eyes.

“That’s stupid, stop making excuses for yourself.” Another turn, I looked at the window but the buildings blurred together.

“I know! I even told myself that but I still ran. God, I may not even see her again now.” I buried my face in my hands. God I’m such an IDIOT!

I felt Yonghwa put on hand on my back, patting it. “Calm down, just go back to the place you saw her and try to talk to her. Hell, even invite her to our concert tomorrow.”

“Okay, I’ll try it, but I swear if she comes you better not make me seem silly or anything.” I pressed my head back against the seat.

Yonghwa smiled and pulled into our dorm building. “You don’t need me to do that for you. You do it all by yourself.”

“Well then stop me from looking silly.” I got out of the car and grabbed my guitar case.

“Okay I’ll try but I’m not making any promises.” He followed me to the dorm.

“I’m going to make a fool of myself if she comes aren’t I?”

“Probably, but that’s all part of your charm.” Yonghwa opened the dorm’s door and stepped inside. Now I’m not so sure about inviting her.