Concert: Showtime, Ladies and Gentlemen

Star Illusion

~Jonghyun’s POV~

Showtime.I pulled my guitar strap over my head and settled on my body in just the right way. PLEASE let Chimera be here. I prayed silently to whoever controls how the universe runs. I walked out onto a dark stage and could only see the glow sticks fans bring to concerts. I took a deep breath and waited for Yonghwa to give the signal to start the show. Here we go, ladies and gents.

~Chimera’s POV~

I felt my heart pounding with the excitement in the air. These guys must be big. I smiled at the luck of getting free tickets. The person that collected me and Stella’s tickets gave us these passes to meet the group afterwards too.

The lights on stage came on the strum of a guitar sounded throughout the room. The coward erupted into applause and screams. I looked over at Stella who was squinting at the stage, trying to make out faces. “Hey, you’re going to hurt your eyes more doing that” I yelled-whispered to her. She stopped and gave me a smile. “We can try those passes we got after the show to meet the band.” She nodded to me.

I turned my head back to the stage to study the group myself. The bassist looked cute with his hair down and his eyes were very pointed. The one singing keep doing these random noises that I just don’t understand. The drummer was on a platform a little raised above everyone else. He had this huge smile on his face where I could make out his eye smile. I looked to the guitarist with his soft black hair. He looks familiar… I studied his face more and found it very handsome.

The group played two more songs before taking a break to MC. “Hey everyone!” The lead singer shouted into the mic. “I’m sure you all know us already but I’m gonna introduce us anyway.” He pointed to the drummer. “This is Minhyuk, Lovely.” The drummer gave a sheepish wave to the audience and they broke out into screams.

“That’s the name of the guy I met at the library. Maybe they share names.” Stella said next to me.

I nodded. “Maybe.”

The singer on stage pointed to the bassist. “This is Jungshin, Untouchable.” Jungshin smiled at everyone before returning to a stony expression. “I’m Yonghwa, Emotional.” Finally the singer, Yonghwa, pointed to the guitarist. “This Jonghyun, Burning.” Jonghyun!? Jonghyun smiled to the audience making my heart melt. Gah, my boyfriend from high school is in a band?! “Together we make CN Blue!” The singer ran his hand down his guitar, making this one chord sound through the stadium; the chord lead into the next song that Yonghwa called Why, Why.

The music faded into the background as I stared at Jonghyun on stage. I studied his face making sure it was the same Jonghyun. I felt my heart skip a beat when I caught his eye. No way can he see me from here… Can he?

~Stella’s POV~

I stared squinting at the stage again trying to make out the guy’s faces. Why did I let Chimera leave my glasses at home?  I looked around at the crowd trying to see if I could find the guy from the library but everyone was just a big blur. I let out a sigh feeling my heart drop. How will I find the guy if I can’t even make out his face…

I bit my lip to hold back the tears I was feeling in my eyes. The people on stage went into another song that made me feel a little better. ~Cause I know that you’re one of a kind, and I can’t get you out of my mind.~  I smiled at the lyrics. The people on stage played another song before saying the show was coming to an end.

“Hey Stella?” Chimera was right by my ear all of a sudden making me jump.

“What…”

“You can use your pass to get backstage. I don’t want to go back there…” though I couldn’t see her face, her voice sounded like it was nervous.

“Chimera, I’m completely blind without my glasses, will you at least lead me back there before leaving?” I asked.

“Sure, whatever, I’ll wait for you behind a wall or something till you’re done.”  I looked at Chimera hopefully giving her a weird look.

“Okay then…” I murmured.

~Minhyuk’s POV~

I wiped sweat from my forehead in the dressing room. My heart was coming off of the adrenaline from performing. I sat down on the couch and sighed in pleasure. To my left, I say Jonghyun packing his guitar. “With the drums, it’s so much easier to pack,” I yelled over in his direction. He looked at me and I waved my drumsticks in his direction.

He laughed. “You’re lucky they aren’t making you carry that drum set by now.” He walked over to the couch and sat down. He ruffled my hair. “You’re just a lazy bum.”

“You know me so well Jonghyun.” We both started to laugh. A security person came into the room to inform us there was a person with a pass coming to me us. We just nodded. Behind the security guy, I saw a yellow sweater poking around the corner of the door.

The guard motioned for the person to come in. The person turned their head letting cinnamon hair fall over her shoulder. Stella? She nodded her head to the security guy and waited for him to leave before walking inside the room. I noticed she kept a hand on the wall as if to steady herself.

My heart was back on an adrenaline rush and I gripped my shirt hoping it would clam itself. My whole body felt like it rose several degrees when she entered the room. Stella kept her eyes to the ground so her hair covered her face. “Ah…I… thought ya’ll were really great tonight.” She murmured to the floor. My heart just went soaring.

“Thanks,” Jonghyun got up from the sofa. I noticed he looked a little disappointed. “Hey can I see your pass.” Stella nodded and handed her the pass. He studied it before handing it back to her. “Did you come with anyone else?”

Stella looked up from the floor and I saw she was missing her glasses. Also her face was glowing like she was a star in the sky. “I did, but she didn’t want to come back here for some reason…” She said in a small voice. “I think she may be around some corner. I didn’t she where she ran off to.”

A smile broke on Jonghyun’s face. “Thanks!” He grabbed Stella’s hand giving it a hard shake before running out the door. What the hell is wrong with him?

Stella stepped back, completely unbalance with the shoes she had on. Before I knew what I was doing, I was up from the sofa and catching her before she fell. I had my arm under her back and my hand holding her shoulder. “Are you alright?” I asked her.

Her face turned ten shades of red. “Yeah, it’s the shoes and without my glasses I’m like blind.” She laughed a little. I steadied her on her feet and led her to the sofa. She gripped the arm of the sofa before plopping down on the sofa. “Thank you.” She gave me a smile. I sat down on the sofa next to her and she turned her head towards me. She squinted her eyes at me. “Uhh, I’m sorry, I didn’t introduce myself. I’m Aurea Stella.” She gave me a little bow with her head.

“I know,” I said and she looked at me weird. She squinted her eyes again. “Minhyuk, from the library,” The blush on her face became a deep red. “I’m the drummer of this CN Blue. You didn’t see me on stage?”

Stella shook her head. “No… I can’t even make out your face now…”  She gave a nervous laugh and stared at her hands in her lap.   I rubbed the hand she shook earlier today. I want to hold her hand. My fingers started to twitch just to reach out to her. An awkward air settled over the room.

~Jonghyun’s POV~

I ran around a few corners and into a few people. I’m also out of breath but I found her. She stood at the edge of a wall in a white sweater thing. My breath caught in my throat and I stared at her for a few seconds before approaching her. Is this real or an Illuison?

Since high school, I noticed she grew a few inches (Or was that because of the boots?) and her hair went well past her shoulders.  I took a few tentative steps toward her. Her head was turned around the corner like she was looking for someone. Probably just a friend… I was a few steps away from her when her perfume hit my nose. It’s the same she wore in high school.

I was about to tap her shoulder when she turned to look at me. She jumped back into a passing person. Her eyes were big and her cheeks were a bright shade of red. I did the thing I did best then, I laughed. “Why are you acting so weird?” I said as if the break up never happened.

“What do you mean? You came sneaking up on me and you are surprised I jumped?” She huffed at me. She crossed her arms over her chest.

I laughed some more and felt my heart flutter at how normal this felt. “I don’t know what you are talking about. Why are you hiding behind a wall?”

“I’m waiting for my friend. She said she was going to congratulate the band and leave but she is taking a while…”

“So you are wasting that pass I gave you.” I huffed at her like I was offended but kept the grin on my face.

“I didn’t waste the tickets you gave me at least.” She said and stared at me.

“Good, I guess you redeem yourself a little.”

“HA! You were the guy with the beard, weren’t you?” She pointed an accusing finger at me. Crap, she got me. “I thought you were some creepy hobo.” I laughed again and she joined in with me.

“Fine, I was the creepy hobo, but it’s just because I wanted to see you again.” Her face went scarlet and she looked down at the ground. I felt my face heat up. Gah, stupid! The air became heavy.

“I wanted to see you too…” She murmured at the ground before she looked up at me again. “I think I should get Stella before it gets too late.” She took a step forward and grabbed my hand. “See you later…” She whispered before turning the corner to get her friend.

I stared at my hand for a few moments longer as she left. It tingled, and felt hotter than the rest of my body. “Why did you have to leave again…?” I murmured to my hand before I let it fall to my side. I’m not going to let her get away again.

~Stella’s POV~

“Stella we have to leave now.” I looked up at the door way to see a pink and white blob with Chimera’s voice. The blob walked over to the sofa and grabbed my hand and lifted me from the sofa.

I looked over at the blob that looked mostly black. “Bye bye Minhyuk…” I waved my hand at him and saw a white blob that I guess was a hand wave at me.

Chimera pulled me out the room and finally felt my heart calm to a normal speed. One side of my body was on fire because it was the side closest to Minhyuk. I hope we see each other soon.

~Chimera’s POV~

I laid my head on my pillow and stared at the ceiling. My hand felt tingly under the cover so I held it up in front of my eyes. With my other hand I traced my finger tips and the plushy skin on my palm.  Then I remembered how Jonghyun’s hand felt in my hand. It was weighty and rough with calluses.

I wrapped my hands together trying to see if it felt like Jonghyun’s hand. Not even close. I slammed both my hands onto my head, frustrated with thoughts of Jonghyun. This is a wish come trure so why am I confused?