Three

P.S. I Spook You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun’s first step was to figure out if, in fact, he was really talking to Kim Jongin, deceased Sigma Epsilon brother. Since his other option was being nuts, he really hoped he was going to find some kind of record or proof of him living in the house.

In the main living room, there is a bookshelf full of photo albums. They were kind of like fraternity yearbooks. Every year, there was a group shot, and each brother had their picture taken on his own. They were organized into photo albums along with candid pictures from different fraternity events. There were a ton of books, dating back to the start of the house somewhere in the twenties. I started looking through the books for the one that would contain pictures from 1964.

They were quite dusty, and not in order, but he eventually found the one he was looking for. It had pictures from 1964 to 1968. If Kim Jongin really did exist, he would be in there. Baekhyun grabbed it, placed it in his backpack, and headed back up to his room.

He turned the lamp and ceiling lights on, a little freaked out. He had no idea why the creepiness was suddenly taking over. It’s not like he was scared of the ghost himself. Quite the opposite, actually. So why was he freaking out over some old photo album? He guessed it meant that if and when he saw Jongin's picture, it would mean this whole thing was real.

He flipped slowly through the pages, starting from the beginning. He knew that Jongin wouldn't be there yet, but it was interesting looking through all the old pictures. The guys looked so uptight back then, with their Mr. Rogers sweaters and slicked back hair.

Baekhyun wondered what they would think of the way his brothers dressed now. Most of them were total slobs. It didn't even matter, since the sorority girls would fall all over them based on social status alone. It annoyed him that he was being hit on all the time based purely on the letters that were stitched on his sweatshirt. It was so shallow. He guessed it probably wouldn't annoy him too much if any of them looked more like Jongin.

Yeah right. That isn't likely to happen.

He was getting close to the back of the book, almost to the section where Jongin might or might not be in. He could feel his heart pounding. He realized how much he wanted Jongin to be real so badly. He wanted to find out how he could help him. When he finally got to 1964, Baekhyun turned the page slowly.

It didn't take Baekhyun more than a second to find him. He looked exactly the same. Just to be sure, he checked the name typed below his picture. Kim Jongin. There he was. Dark hair, boyish smile, and mysterious eyes. Even in black and white, his gaze was intense.

He looked at Jongin’s picture for a few more minutes, memorizing the features he had seen so clearly the night before. He couldn't believe what was happening. He had never looked at these old books, never seen his picture. He couldn't have imagined him. There was only one possible conclusion. Kim Jongin's ghost was real.

And he needs me.

He spent a long time looking at the other pictures in the old photo book. The formal shots and candid takes of the brothers together. There was one guy that Jongin nearly always stood next to in the pictures. He had caramel-colored hair and a big grin. He looked up his name. Kris Wu.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter