One

P.S. I Spook You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun..."

He felt it more than he heard it, his name a small whisper in the dark. Baekhyun sat up, heart hammering against his chest. The sound, whatever it was, had managed to wake him from a deep sleep. He looked around the room, wondering if one of his drunk frat brothers had somehow wandered in. But all he saw was darkness, and the silence was almost deafening. No movement. Nothing. The room was empty except for himself.

That’s it, no more watching horror movies before bedtime.

Apparently, his imagination was just a little too active tonight. He was wide awake now, adrenaline pumping through his veins. He turned and looked at the clock. It was exactly 12 AM. Midnight. Damn, I just fell asleep an hour and a half ago, and I have a big test eight hours from now. He was annoyed with himself and his overactive dreams. There was obviously no one in the room. He was punching his pillow and getting ready to lay back down when he heard it again.

"Baekhyun..."

This time it was distinct. He realized that he hadn't been imagining it earlier. Someone was in his room, whispering his name, but he couldn't see a damn thing.

Where the hell were they hiding?

"Come on, guys, this isn't funny. I have this long test in Calculus in the morning," he says, irritation seeping in his voice.

He waited, the seconds slowly stretching on and on. There was no answer other than the silence that could only come in the latest hours of the night. Baekhyun sat up and stayed still. He was listening for any signs of breathing, shuffling, anything that would tell him that this was just some dumb prank.

"Baekhyun..."

The whisper broke the silence once more. If anything, it was more pronounced. He could feel a slippery coldness work its way through his body. He couldn't see or hear anyone else in the room, but he could definitely feel that someone is here with him. He couldn't explain it any other way than that. There was someone in his room, and whoever it was, was scaring the crap out of him. Baekhyun decided that he had to get the hell out of the room.

He grabbed his pillow and comforter, his phone so he wouldn't sleep in, and proceeded to head for one of the lumpy beer-stained couches in the second floor common room. He knew he wasn't going to sleep well and that his back would hurt like in the morning, but it was better than staying in his room. As he was about to turn the doorknob, he heard the voice again.

"Baekhyun, don't leave. I need you..."

He felt that tingling sensation again, that feeling when one is aware that someone is watching him. He shut the door quickly, forcing himself to walk instead of running like a madman along the hallway and down the stairs, leading to the common room.

Baekhyun lay for what seemed like hours on the disgusting, old couch, trying his hardest to fall asleep. It was no use. He couldn't even get his heart to calm down, c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter