Must Be Fate

FANGIRLFRIEND

A/N: Hello! I’ve decided that I would like to write one or two (or maybe even more than two) chapters in Seung Hoon’s point of view. I might even switch POVs within a chapter. I am not sure yet. Hahahaha.

This will be a long chapter! A kind of special chapter for everyone! Enjoy! <3

***

 

[Seung Hoon POV]

“Seunghoon-ah” sajangnim’s hushed yet impatient voice rang clearly in my ears, yanking me back to reality. We were now at his office discussing WINNER’s next comeback. We had all the songs for the new album ready, we only needed to practice the choreography now. “Yes, sajangnim?” I questioned. (A/N: In case you didn’t know… sajangnim = president/CEO so in YGE’s case, Yang Hyun Suk)

“I said, do you want Jae Ok to help with the choreography for the next song? The one you’ve written?” (A/N: Lee Jae Ok – YG’s dance trainer)

“No it’s fine, sajangnim. It’s almost finished. But I do have to show it to him for polishing. He might want to change some things to make it better,” I answered distractedly.

“I doubt that he would want to change anything. He always says you choreograph so perfectly that you put his skills to shame,” I can hear the pride in his voice. Like a proud father talking about his son. I nodded and gave him a smile but still, my thoughts were elsewhere…

After another thirty minutes of discussion, sajangnim finally decided to call it a day and stood up from his chair.

“Well boys, I guess we’ve discussed everything. I have to go now. I still have another meeting to attend. You have the rest of the day off for today. Resume practice tomorrow. Alright, goodbye.”

We all bowed and thanked him for his time and he left us in his office alone. It seemed like there was a silent agreement among us to just hang out here for a while because nobody moved from where they sat.

“What are you doing, hyung?” I heard teahyun ask minho, peeking at what minho was doing with his phone.

“Eli? Who’s Eli?” Taehyun asked. My head automatically shot up.

“My Eli?!” I didn’t want to sound possessive but I did. Aish.

“YOUR eli?!” They all said together. I rolled my eyes. “You know what I mean,” I shot back defensively.

“Not really, hyung. Not really,” taehyun said, chuckling.

“Since when is she your Eli? You own her now? Does she even like you? Cuz from what I gathered at dinner, I think she liked me more. She even laughed at all my jokes, even the ones that aren’t funny,” he said all this with an arrogant smirk across his face. Is he really picking a fight with me? The bastard. If I were violent, I would’ve already punched you.

“Stop it Minho!” Seung Yoon warned but there was no force in it because I could clearly see that he was amused. I don’t find anything remotely funny about this situation. I am annoyed.

“Do you like her, hyung?” Taehyun directed the question at Minho.

Minho’s lips twitched upward and he nodded. I glared at him.

“Do you like her, hyung?” Now taehyun’s question was directed at me. I was shocked. “N-no!” I said too loudly. They all burst in laughter.

This is not funny at all!

“Why are you denying it?” Seungyoon asked me, raising his eyebrows.

“I really don’t, okay?” I said defensively.

“Really?” Minho asked, leaning closer and smiling that arrogant smile of his. He better back off before I wipe that smile off of his face. I groaned.

“So what if I do?” I said as a challenge. Now the other three joined smiling. The idiots.

“May the best man win, then!” he roared in laughter. Where is this confidence coming from? I narrow my eyes at him, puffed my chest and answered, “You are so on.” The other three looked at us in disapproval.

“Now what are you doing?” Jinwoo asked me as I took out my phone and started typing her name.

“Same as what he’s doing,” I said pointing to minho.

“You’re both idiots,” taehyun bluntly stated.

“We’re idiots because….” Minho asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“You do know that typing in just Eli wouldn’t get you anywhere right? There are about a thousand Elis just within Korea and a hundred thousand more all over the world. And you expect to find her on the internet by just typing in Eli?”

“Huh…” minho mumbled as he was obviously realizing that taehyun was probably right.

I didn’t think about that, I thought to myself.

“Aigoo. You two really live up to the dumb and dumber name.”

“Yah!” Minho and I yelled at taehyun at the same time.

***

“I need a break!” declared Seungyoon as he collapsed on the floor after four straight hours of rigorous practice.

“Me too,” we all agreed, following seungyoon lying on his back on the floor.

“Hey, why don’t we go to the mall or something?” Jinwoo suddenly suggested.

“Are we even allowed?” Taehyun asked, looking at Seungyoon. He shrugged and took out his phone.

“Who are you texting?” I asked him.

“Manager,” he answered, already starting to type.

“Won’t he scold us for even asking?”

“Hmm.. Maybe. But it’s worth a shot. We can’t exactly go around malls unnoticed anymore. They’re bound to find out so we better ask for permission.” We all nodded in agreement.

Seungyoon’s phone beeped, indicating that he just received a new message. We all looked at him expectantly.

“So?” I asked because I just wanted to get out of here already. He smiled and stood up.

“Let’s go!” Everyone else cheered.

We changed into clean clothes and drove to the mall. Jjangmae was with us and five other body guards at the other car following us. We weren’t planning on letting anyone know that we were there so we wore hats and sunglasses and masks in the hopes that these would help in keeping our identities a secret.

When we arrived at the mall, we specifically told the bodyguards to keep a fair distance from us just so people wouldn’t notice that we are being followed by the men in black and have people here become suspicious of us. We headed to a coffee shop we all loved that we haven’t been to in a while since WINNER became too busy. We chose a table that was obscured from the prying eyes of the people outside and most people inside.

“Hyung, order for me. I just want Iced Latte. I need to go to the bathroom,” I told Jinwoo. He nodded and asked the others what they wanted.

 While I was waiting for the other person inside the bathroom to get out, a sudden movement from my right caught my attention and I instinctively looked over and saw to both my delight and shock, the girl who has been constantly invading my mind for a few weeks nonstop. A smile slowly forms on my lips. Bathroom forgotten, I walked over to the counter and faced her. Thankfully, there was no line. I was wearing shades and hat and a mask so I was fairly certain that she wouldn’t recognize me and since she couldn’t see my eyes, I can now do the one thing I couldn’t do and wanted to do in the past while she was in front of me… gaze at her.

She even looked more beautiful than I remembered.

Her long red hair was pulled back in a ponytail today and she was wearing less make up yet her skin still looked flawless. She looked up at me.

“Good afternoon sir, may I take your order?”

How can someone’s voice sound so sweet?  

“Sir?”

“Uh.. Yeah. One Iced Cappuccino please,” I said.

“Okay. Would that be all, sir?” I nodded.

“Can I get your name, sir?”

“What?”

“Your name,” she repeated, flashing me a gentle smile.

Lub dub. Lub dub.

I took a deep breath. She must know what my nickname is, right? She claims to be a fan so she must know. She patiently waits for my answer.

“Hiphop saeki saja,” I replied, smiling underneath my mask. (A/N: saekki saja = baby lion)

“No…” she said, more to herself than to me.

“Seung Hoon oppa?”

I smile at how easy she can call me oppa when we’ve really just met each other twice. I then remembered that she was after all a fangirl and most fangirls call their idols oppa. I sent a silent prayer to God thanking him that I am a member of WINNER and she is our fan.

She shook her head. “That can’t be. That’s not possible. No, no, no,” she chanted as she wrote ‘hip hop saekki saja’ on my cup.

“I am Lee Seung Hoon,” I whispered, biting my lip so I wouldn’t smile, not that she could see me smile with this mask anyway.

Her eyes widened and she frantically looked around. “Really?” she asked in a barely audible voice.

I took my glasses off. “Believe me now?” she nodded and I chuckled.

“Oh what a pleasant surprise!” I heard Minho from behind.

Why does he always interrupt a moment?! I will destroy this dongsaeng and I shall do it soon.

“Minho oppa?”

Oh. Of course, she’d call him oppa as well.

“Long time no see, Eli-yah! Did you miss me? Oh, don’t answer that, I know you did,” Minho arrogantly stated.

I will slap him senseless.

“Excuse me, are you done ordering?” we heard a man’s annoyed voice behind.

Minho told Eli the orders and then left but before he turned back, he winked at her.

I will murder him and hide his body so his fans can never see even his cold corpse ever again.

WHERE ARE MY THOUGHTS LEADING ME? I push all the violent thoughts aside. I’m not normally like this. What is even going on? I took a deep breath to calm myself and looked at Eli again.

“What time do you get off work?” I hastily asked before the man behind me could voice out another complain.

“Huh?”

“What time – ”

“3pm,” she answered instantly.

“Oh. Noted. Thank you.”

Why did I ask that? Eli looked like she wanted to ask the same question but was trying to hold herself back. I didn’t want her to ask. I don’t even know the answer.  

I excused myself because the man behind me was making annoyed noises.

I thought I’d never get to see her again. Must be fate helping us out. I chuckled and started humming all the way to our table.

About five minutes later, Eli called out our names, indicating that our drinks were ready. Minho slowly stood up and I gave him a cold look and said slowly and very clearly, “I will get it.”

Minho snorted and sunk back into his seat. Good boy.

“What happened?” Seungyoon asked while I was already two feet away from them.

“Eli happened,” I heard Minho answer in an amused voice. “She’s here.”

“Aaahhh.” The three said together in understanding.

 “Hey,” I flashed her a smile. She saw me and didn’t even look at my eyes. In fact, she was avoiding my gaze. Hmmm…

“Here are your orders, sir,” she said professionally, still avoiding my eyes. She’s nervous, I observed. She’s so cute.

All of a sudden, I feel confidence rushing through my veins unlike the last time I saw her, I have been such a nervous wreck at the time that I didn’t even get to say much. I took the tray with all our orders and before walking off, I boldly winked at her. I could have sworn that she stilled and stopped breathing for a milli-second. I turned around and silently giggled.

***

“What time is it?” I whispered to Seung Yoon. He gave me a questioning look before he answered that it was 2:45pm.

I remember her telling me that her shift ends at 3pm. I had to talk to her. It was now or never.

“Don’t you have to go back already? There’s still a lot of practicing to be done,” The words rush out of my mouth. It’s not that I’m bad at lying. I just really hated lying to the members.

He looked at me suspiciously and I pleaded with my eyes, hoping that he would somehow understand and drag these boys back to practice. He looked away and clapped his hands.

“Alright, I think we need to go back now,” he looked at his watch. The other three protested but when the leader decides on something, I knew no one can deter him. I stifled a smile.

They all slowly stood up and I made sure I was the last one to move. They were too busy pouting or muttering anyway so they aren’t really paying attention to me. They started dragging their feet towards the exit reluctantly and I soon followed. Before I could step out, I took a peek around the counter and my heart sank when I didn’t see her.

Maybe she’s getting ready to leave. I need to get rid of the boys so I could still have the chance to talk to her.

Once we were almost at the van, I gasped loud enough for everyone to look back and stare at me. I tried to look apologetic as I tried for the second time today to lie, “I forgot that my sister’s birthday is coming up! I have to buy her a present!”

They looked at me oddly.

Please believe my lie.

“Whatever, be quick. We’re leaving soon,” Seungyoon said.

“No, no. You can go back first. I’ll just take the taxi. It might take me a while to choose a present. You know my sister is picky.” I am getting better at lying aren’t I? I don’t know whether I should be proud or disgusted at the fact.

There was silence as they all debated whether to go ahead or stay and basically waste their precious time waiting on me.

“Fine,” Jjangmae answered for everyone. Then they all turned and left.

“See you later,” the members said altogether.

Finally.

I glanced at my watch. 2:55pm. Great. I can still make it.

I jogged back to the café. She was at the entrance now, rummaging through her satchel, probably looking for something. She already changed her clothes and she had her long hair down. She arranged her satchel in place and started walking towards her right. I took a deep breath and sprinted to her. She had her back on me and so when I was finally close enough to touch her, I grabbed her right arm and pulled gently… It reminded me of our second encounter.

She spun around, frowning and eyebrows crumpled in confusion. I smiled widely at her cute expression. Her eyes widened when she saw it was me.

“Hi,” I started.

“H-hello,” she gulped. I stifled my smile.

“Did you forget something from the café? If you did, I can come with you and get it,” she said while pulling me to go back to the café. I stopped her be saying, “Not really.”

“Oh? Uh. Okay. So, what did you want?” She gave me a nervous smile.

“I just wanted to tell you something,”

Her eyebrows shot up, urging me to continue. I scratch the back of my head.

How do people do this again? I’m a little rusty in the department.

“Yes?” she pressed.

“Uuh… I... I…”

Oh so I’m  stuttering now. Good job, Lee Seung Hoon! You make your father proud.

“What is it? Is something wrong?” she asked, genuine concern etched across her beautiful face.

God help me. I’m acting like a sissy.

“Willyougooutonadatewithme?” I said it so fast, I don’t even know if I said the right words.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t quite catch that,” she apologized.

I facepalmed. Lee Seung Hoon you idiot! I mentally shout at myself.

Alright. Here goes nothing.

“Uh... Eli…Will you... Will you go out on a date with me?”              

***

 

A/N: How to be Eli? I am jealous of a character I’ve made up. Ok 3 Anyways, I hope you like the long Seung Hoon POV chapter!

And oh, TAEYANG HAS JUST RELEASED A NEW ALBUM AND I AM TELLING YOU THAT YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY CHECK IT OUT. It is a work of art. I am still replaying the whole album and still crying from all the eargasm and the feels. Check out the video of Eyes Nose Lips here :)

And special treat.. A gif of half taeyang ;)

(gif cr: rinchae)