Not Good At Lying

One Minute, One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               The queue in the cafeteria was pretty long and it seems like the attendant at the food counter was taking forever to take the students orders. I wonder what’s taking her so long. Or maybe it was just me? I mean, the line is moving, I can see it. But I feel like it’s not. Oh gosh! I’m crazy now…

               But then, my eyes just felt so drowsy. I tried to shake my head and blink for many times to stay wide-awake but, I just failed. My head feels like its spinning and there I just felt headache. The noise that the students were creating was an additional fuel to my burning head. Oh great! I tried so hard to control myself but before I know it, everything just went black. The last thing I knew was someone just caught me in its arms—thanks for his or her fast reflexes—and the students’ loud gasps.

               After an hour—that’s what I think—I finally woke up. “Oh! You’re awake now! How are you feeling?” That was his quick approach the moment I opened my eyes. I can see that his really concern to me. I’m even guessing, he was the one who just saved me from falling on the hard ground earlier. Oh this guy! Just how many times did he already save me?

“I’m fine now,” I answered in a low tone as I slowly sat up on the bed. “I’m just feeling a little shabby. But I can manage, don’t worry…”

“You sure?” he anxiously asked and I just nodded with a small smile.

               I was just a little confuse with my surroundings though. I’m not in a hospital right? And just right in cue, I heard a light chuckle and like he just read my mind, he spoke. “Don’t worry, you’re not in hospital. We’re just in our school clinic,”

               “You’re not a mind reader, aren’t you?” I asked with a playful look and smile plastered on my face.

               “What if I am?” he smugly retorted.

               Okay, I have to roll my eyes at that. Like… who was he trying to kid? “Oh c’mon Mr. Jung Daehyun… That’s preposterous! It’s not like you have super powers,”

               “Well… You’re just blurting out your thoughts out loud,”

               “WHAT?! Really?! I did?” That really shocked me. Did I really just spit my thoughts out loud? Really, I’m not aware. Oh gosh! That’s embarrassing! I hope he doesn’t know that I’m scared being in a hospital. And don’t even ask why because I just do. Hospitals just make me feel sick. Plus, I don’t like the smell of hospitals. Eww…

               A hard laughter suddenly broke into him. What so funny? “Yah! Why are you laughing?”

               “You should have seen your face,” And he continued to laugh. “I was just kidding of course! I know how much you hated hospitals,”

               Wow! Nice shot Daehyun! You’re dead then! And with that, I hit his arm, hard with all my might. Thanks and he was near enough to me.

               “Yah! What was that for? Aish…” he whined as he rubs his injured arm. “I thought you’re still a little weak? Gahd! You hit pretty strong!”

               “That’s what you called revenge!” I stuck out my tongue to him and smirks. I know it seems childish but, who cares? Heh! You deserve it Jung Daehyun! “And yeah, I’m a little weak but not anymore,” I replied trying to act as smugly as I can. “Anyway, how did you know that I don’t like hospitals? Are you stalking me?”

               “What? Why would I stalk you? I just—“

               And before he could ever continue with what he was about to say, he was greatly interrupted by someone.

               I was all startled when the door suddenly burst opened and a guy just barged in. He was panting so hard like he just run in a marathon. And guess who, he was the last guy I wanted to see.

               Seeing me all awake, he quickly made his steps towards me. I can see that his really worried. I can see it through his eyes and… his actions.

               “Are you alright now, Sandy? How are you feeling? Are you sick? Why did you suddenly black out?” He bombarded as he touched my arms and forehead. Those touches of his made me shiver. It’s been so long now ever since I felt his touch on my skin. And now, it feels so foreign on me. Strange.

               “I’m good now. Daehyun took good care of me,” I answered as a matter of fact. “Anyway, why are you here? You have class didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter