Enlightened Stars

The Stars

 A few blocks from the dorm, Baekhyun caught sight of Jongdae and decided to catch up with him. He was preparing for a sprint when two familiar voices called his attention.

 

"Baekhyun!"

 

"Hyung!"

 

He turned and saw two other co-members, Chanyeol and Sehun. They were carrying a huge bag each, obviously still haven't moved their stuff. Chanyeol closed the distance with few long strides with Sehun following closely behind. He was about to voice his question when a loud voice beat him to it.

 

"Yah! You guys are from around here so how come you're also late?" Baekhyun got a bit surprised with Jongdae's sudden shout next to him, without their notice he had approached from Baekhyun's other side. With his nerves for moving day getting to him since morning, his surprise got the better of him and he kind of lost his "grip". He saw everything around him get plunged into total darkness, but it was only for a fracture of a second. He saw Chanyeol and Sehun blink hard and rubbed their eyes for a bit and a confused look was visible on their faces. He looked at his right and saw Jongdae with the same expression.

 

Anxious to get their minds away from what suddenly happened, he quickly started up a conversation.

 

"Hey guys! Let's get a move on. Joon Myeon hyung told us to get there before lunch!" Baekhyun was glad to see that the three of them looked like they brushed off the quick "black-out" as trick of the eyes playing with them.

 

"I think I didn't get much sleep." Chanyeol said under his breath and rubbed his eyes again, as they walked the remaining blocks to their dorm's gate. Although coming from Chanyeol, even if he says it like a whisper, with his cave-like voice, they can still here it loudly, not as clearly though. But Baekhyun being with him almost all the time, perfectly understood what he just said and decided to follow it up himself before the other two can ask why. He's quite sure that they'll find it weird if the three of them found out that all of them experienced his "black-out episode".

 

"Same here. My nerves were bugging me so much." 

 

"I slept like a log as always." Sehun joined in. He was giving them one of his mischevous childish grins, and Bekhyun felt a little envious of their maknae. It must've been really easy for him to sleep the night before not having anything to worry about. Not having worries about living with 11 boys while thinking how to hide his supernatural ability. How will he control "black-outs" and "light outbursts" if they will be together 24/7?

 

"Home. Sweet. Home." Jongdae announced with his fists on his hips as he stood right in front of their house starting today.

 

Jongdae rushed inside, leaving Baekhyun and the others outside to follow his lead. Baekhyun went through the door, only to bump to Jongdae, who stood still in front of him. Curious as to what stopped their overly excited co-member, Baekhyun looked past Jongdae and saw six of their other members sitting in the living room with serious expressions on their faces.

 

Before they can ask what's going on, Chanyeol and Sehun also came in through the door and saw the same scene before them.

 

As the four of them stood at the doorway, four chairs zoomed in out of nowhere and got behind the four of them. Something forced them to sit down, then the chairs moved again, this time bringing them in front of the other six.

 

The four of them were too shocked to speak. Something extraordinary just happened without a warning and none of the six reacted as surprised as them.

 

"Ouch!" Baekhyun almost jumped out of his chair when he felt a spark when his elbow grazed over Jongdae's skin. It has the same kind of feel when he gets grounded with electronic devices from time to time. 

 

"Sorry, I was just ---" Jongdae stopped midway with his sentence. His face full of panic when he realized that he had apologized already. Baekhyun gave him a curious look. He almost convinced himself that something is also different with Jongdae, momentarily forgetting about the moving chairs that welcomed them.

 

"Okay. That's one." Luhan announced and his face seemed to relax a bit. He looked at Jongdae and beamed at him, like he just did a good job at something.

 

"Are you guys sure we should be doing this?" Joon Myeon asked from the middle. Based on Baekhyun's observation, Joon Myeon is the most tense among the six, who looked like they're waiting for something or judging them intently.

 

"Come on, Joon Myeon. You just saw what Jongdae did." Yi Fan replied next to Joon Myeon, while he made no intention of withdrawing his gaze on the four of them.

 

'What Jongdae did? Wasn't that just static or something?' Baekhyun thought as he tried to limit his assumptions to all things normal.

 

"Hyung. I also think that this is necessary. It will be easier for all of us if we can confirm this right off the bat." Jongin followed up. He stood at the farthest right, next to the long sofa where the other five sat.

 

"I think they need a little "push" though." Minseok suggested. He was seated at the farthest left.

 

"I just gave them that." Luhan complained next to him.

 

"Another one, then?" Their oldest tilted his head a bit as he said that. A blast of aegyo right next to Luhan which made their second oldest surrender to him.

 

"Shall I do it?" Kyungsoo asked. He was seated at the farthest right, next to the standing Jongin.

 

If Baekhyun was confused when the moving chairs fetch them, or when Jongdae sent sparks through his skin, now he can feel his mind short circuiting while trying to assess the flow of conversation among the other six.

 

He caught sight of Chanyeol who looked as confused as him, and Sehun who displayed his poker face but kept on his lips, a habit he only shows when he's nervous.

 

"Walk slowly, Tao. Slowly." 

 

Ten heads turned to the direction of Yixing's voice as he escorted a disheveled looking Tao. 

 

Baekhyun saw something move from the corner of his eyes and before he knows it, Sehun was already next to Tao. If his eyes weren't playing tricks on him, he'll say that Sehun looked as if he glided through the air when he made his way to the far end of the room.

 

"That's two." Yi Fan announced, and like Luhan, his expression softened a bit at this declaration.

 

"Hyung! Hyung! Care to explain this countdown or the chairs or --- or --- anything!" Chanyeol exhasperatedly asked to the relaxed looking Yi Fan and the panic stricken Joon Myeon.

 

Out of nowhere, Jongin appeared behind Chanyeol and the taller member sent bright sparks at his surprise. Those weren't electric sparks though, but what are those? Baekhyun didn't need to think about it long enough, because Jongin's sleeves immediately caught fire and as the younger hurried to extinguish it, Minseok and Joon Myeon hurried to his side. A mixture of ice and water shot from their palms and--- 

 

For the second time that day, a black out happened. Induced by confusion and panic, Baekhyun failed to restore the light as quickly as he did earlier. Through the dark, only the voices and movements of the other 11 can be heard.

 

"A black-out?" Chanyeol exclaimed next to him.

 

"This can't be due to power shortage." Kyungsoo said from somewhere in the dark.

 

"Huh? Why?" Yi Fan asked.

 

"Yi Fan. Think. It's the middle of the day, but it's total darkness right now." For some reason, Joon Myeon sounded calmer than any of them.

 

"What's going on?" He heard Tao speak from a distance.

 

"What the ---?" 

 

He let the others' voices drown from his consciousness and forced himself to calm down. Baekhyun directed his absolute concentration on removing the total darkness.

 

After a few deep breaths, light came back from their eyes, all of them breathing a great sigh of relief.

 

Then Luhan whistled then pointed at Chanyeol, "That's three." then pointed at Baekhyun. "And that's four. This makes it twelve now."