A Star at a Time

The Stars

As Tao was getting off the taxi, he heard the loud explosion that came from inside the dorm. He quickly paid the driver and dashed inside, his things already arrived before him.

 

He bursts to the living room but no one was there, then he heard the sound of water gushing out upstairs and he proceeded there.

 

The damage was big. It was flooding in the second floor, the broken glass doors crushed on one corner, some of the water pipes are sticking out of the walls where all the water is coming from, and shards decorate the entirety of the bathroom floor. As he approached, he stepped on some of the broken glass that lies on the floor and the sound made the seven people in the room glanced at his direction.

 

"What happened here?" Tao finally managed to ask.

 

Joon Myeon stood up, still holding the towel and keeping it from slipping off of his waist. His eyes were fixed on Tao and he looked so shaken up that he failed to notice that the area around him is still filled with broken glass plus he's bare footed unlike the rest of them. But when he took one cautious step towards Tao, the water, and it means all the water in the second floor hurried to shield Joon Myeon's unguarded foot from the shards.

 

Shock was visible on the face of the Korean leader as he processed what the water did.

 

"Uhm... Let's not talk here. It's a bit dangerous if we stay." Yi Fan said as he looked around the bathroom. And Tao had to wonder why the older Chinese didn't seemed shocked at what just happened with the water at Joon Myeon's feet.

 

"No. We need to fix this first. I'm sorry for causing all this but please help me." Joon Myeon was begging all of them and Tao wants nothing else but to help. Joon Myeon had been nothing but a good older brother to him and it pains him that he can't do anything for him right now. Well, actually he can, but it's not like he can just flatly announce something like, 'Hey guys, it's fine. I can rewind time a bit before this explosion happened.' 

 

But Tao didn't expect the next flow of conversation to be just as crazy as his idea. 

 

"Okay. First off, we need to take care of the shards. Luhan, can you... I don't know move them to the side or something?" Yi Fan asked. It was a crazy request, Tao thought, how can his Yi Fan gege ask Lu-ge to take care of the mess alone?

 

"I can. But you guys will have to leave, I'm not confident that I can control these many small pieces at once." Luhan answered him.

 

'Have these guys lost their minds?' Tao thought as his eyes traveled from Yi Fan to Luhan.

 

"Joon Myeon, if you can't stop the water, I think I can freeze them for a while. It's going to flood the whole house if this continues." Minseok stated.

 

"Okay. Hold on for a while. Can you guys explain to me what conversation are you having?" He was getting more confused as more people joined in. He thinks every single one of them will start talking like... like they all have some supernatural abilities... like him.

 

Jongin looked at him like he was trying to solve a puzzle out of Tao. He saw  that Tao was shocked but not as shocked as a normal person would have been. He was more frustrated about knowing the flow of the conversation rather than the abnormal thing that happened in the house. Cautiously, he tried to ask.

 

"Tao, do you have... powers?" It was stupid, Jongin knows, but he had a nagging suspicion that if the seven of them are not normal, the rest of the group might not be as well.

 

When Tao looked at him like he just found out the biggest secret of his life, he knew that he was spot on. He teleported right next to him and asked. "What's your power?"

 

He was dumbfounded. Right after Jongin had asked him, the dancer disappeared, and if his eyes were still functioning properly then he definitely saw an air of black smoke before Jongin reappeared right next to him, and is now trying to squeeze him for an answer.

 

"Mine's teleportation, Joon Myeon-hyung's water I think, Minseok-hyung is freezing stuff, I saw Yi Fan-hyung float earlier, Kyungsoo-hyung have this abnormal strength, Luhan-hyung can lift stuff and Yixing-hyung just healed Kyungsoo-hyung's wound." Jongin tried to explain the others' abilities as much as possible to give Tao the confidence to tell them what his is.

 

Tao inhaled deeply, it was a bit too much to take in at once, but if what Jongin is saying is true, then he can't waste another second or it will be harder for him.

 

"Move over a bit everyone." He told them. And he was happy that they did so without asking.

 

He closed his eyes and concentrated. He imagined enclosing the whole bathroom in an invisible field, including all of the wreckage. Then there was that familiar tug in his stomach and by the sound of seven restrained gasps from behind him, he knew that time is turning back in the field that he created. About three minutes ago, that's the time that he estimated. Three minutes to turn back the time three minutes ago.

 

He was getting dizzy but he continued. 'Just a few more seconds.' When he think it was done, he opened his eyes slowly and saw that everything was back to normal. Then his vision went dark and...

 

'It's warm.' He thought as he felt the hand that settles on his forehead. Tao opened his eyes and saw a faint glowing light over him with Yixing looking at him, worry all over his face. When he came to, the older Chinese broke into a smile and helped him up.

 

"Come on, the others are waiting for you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Akira: I'm sorry!!! I don't know how many times I've apologized but please bear with me. I'm really trying my best to update every on going fic. No abandoning anything, I promise. Anyway, YEAY!!! they're knowing about each other hahahahahah the boys will get more chaotic because of this hahahahah