The Stars Meet

The Stars

After performing in middle school community service at the park, Joon Myeon started walking the path towards their house. He was silently tracing his steps when he heard a crowd making loud noises or rather loud cheers. Curious as to what brings such loud cheers, he followed where the sound was coming from.

 

After a few hurried steps, he saw a large stage with kids his age performing songs or dancing, he then read the sign for the event "Music and Dance Competition". He didn't know there will be a competition here, if he knew then..... who was he kidding, even if he knew months before he'll never find the courage to perform on stage. Being able to perform in front of such a large crowd has always been his dream, but sadly, he doesn't have the courage to make it come true.

 

He waited until the last competitor performed on stage and he can't help feeling amazed and jealous with the performers. When everything else turned quiet, he felt an overwhelming sadness within him. "I also want to perform", he thinks to himself. Then as if on cue, heavy rain falls from the sky, it always happen, whenever Joon Myeon's emotions get to him, the sky would always cry, but he always dismisses it as crazy great timing.

 

Saddened even more by the heavy rainfall, he prepared to get back on the road on his way home. He reached for his umbrella, but it wasn't there, such bad luck, he wished the rain would just stop already so he won't have to feel miserable standing there for a very long time. Then after a few more raindrops, the rain was no more. Joon Myeon, although amazed at the clouds' great timing, started walking away from the venue, when a gentleman approached him and offered him his card. Recovering from his surprise with the sudden appearance of the man, he carefully reads the content of the card "SM Entertainment". "Do you want to be a trainee and debut as an idol in our company?" 

 

Joon Myeon considers this, it may be an offer to him, an opportunity, a chance. He thinks hard, feeling his sadness still fresh, he doesn't want to regret anything anymore. He then faced the man and gave an enthusiastic answer "Yes, please"

 

Its almost seven years since he started walking towards his dream, and now he can see it unfolding right before his eyes. Earlier he was called saying that there will be an announcement for a few trainees. All of the company's trainee knew that private meetings with the staffs more or less means that they are among the selected to debut. He enters the room, there are already a few staff in there and a few trainee like him. The other trainees in the room are among of his friends.

 

Yi Fan was already there, really hard to miss when the guy's at least a head taller than the rest, there's also Jongin who's popular among trainees for being one of the best dancers. There's also Kyungsoo who he almost missed since he was behind Yi Fan from his view. Among them, he also spotted Yixing, another Chinese trainee like Yi Fan, talking in Mandarin with another Chinese trainee named Lu. The door opens and two other trainees came in, two tall trainees Chanyeol and Sehun, followed by a much smaller one he didn't notice earlier, Minseok. Then another three, whom he knows are quite knew to the company, Bekhyun, Jongdae and another Chinese trainee, Zitao.

 

When all of the concerned people are there, the staffs started telling them the details of the meeting. All of them were nervous because they know that it is their much awaited chance to debut. Joon Myeon was seated next to the very quiet Minseok and while one of the staff was talking, he felt a cold air passed from Minseok to him. He wondered if it was because of the air conditioner or beacuse he was too nervous. Later on he noticed Kyungsoo stomping his feet quietly as if to calm down his nerves and he didn't know if it was just his imagination but he felt a slight shake of the earth, too. 

 

When they were done telling them the details, they all broke to stupid grins and hugged their members and brothers from now on. They formed a circle with their arms in each others' shoulder. They were sharing the happiness they're feeling at that time. And maybe because they are overjoyed, he felt as if they were literally frozen in time for a few moments, and when they break off their circle the world was moving again. He caught a glimpse of the window and  as usual a few raindrops fall from the sky, making a really beautiful rainbow. He walked closer to the window and there were also a few sparks in the clouds. Lightning? The lightning itself was calm and not threatening. But lightning on such clear sky? Joon Myeon just brushed it off as the weird weather, though he has long gone accepted that the rain is always with him, whether it be real or just his imagination.

 

On his way out of the building, he was literally running down the stairs, him and his new team are planning to have dinner together in celebration for their upcoming debut. He was so excited that he failed to notice the bucket of water just beside the stairs. He slipped and knocked over the bucket, threatening to pour all over him. He closed his eyes and put his arms over his head, preparing for the impact and the cold dirty water washing over him. But the only thing he felt was the impact of the bucket falling on him, he thought the bucket was full, it was, right? He opened his eyes and much to his surprise the whole bucket-full of water without the bucket is floating in mid-air but as soon as he realized this the water came crashing down on the floor. He hasn't recover yet from his shock but he was being called by 11 voices outside the building. With an absent mind he left, still unable to wrap his mind around what just happened in that instant.