from the other leader

Vanished
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Everyone was tired but at the same time excited for the biggest event of our lives. We are one step closer to being the best in the path that we have chosen.

The day would have been perfect except that we got out of the studio only to find out that someone in our family would no longer be returning. No warning was ever made to me or any of us.

The news came out of nowhere, knocking the air out of my lungs.

The words sounded like a dream, too hurtful and unbelievable to be the truth.

Like a gunshot, the pain hasn't registered in my mind. I laughed, thinking that it was just a big joke.

He was probably going on a vacation again, I thought. It wouldn't be the first time it happened. Once, he just disappeared without telling anyone.

Maybe in this case it would be the same.

But...

The expression from the man's face told me that nothing will ever be as it was.

This time it's different.

We came back home with more weight on our shoulders.

The others were still like me, in shock and too tired to accept the things said to us.

I heard someone cry. It was your friend whom you shared the room with.

Your things were gone and the bed looked like you never ever stayed.

That was only when it truly sunk in to me....

 

You're gone.

 

Vanished...

 

bringing everything with you and left us with nothing except broken

Please log in to read the full chapter