Part 4

WAS ONCE, THEN TWICE

Part 4

 

I like you.

Sorry. Sorry. I’m sorry.

 

“What are you doing ?!”, I screamed as I push Jong Suk.

Jong Suk looked blank for a while, and I was flustered. He stared at me, then he realized what he has done. He wiped his mouth and his face got redder than ever.

“S-Sorry”, he said.

“What are you doing ?”, I asked once again.

“W-What ?”

“What are you doing ?”

“I-I’m-“

“What have you done to me ?!”

My scream can be heard from every corner of the room and it echoed. Sorry, but I was really angry at that time. He played with my feelings again. He’s a jerk. A total jerk.

I swam towards him, since it was in the pool. I slapped his face. This is the first time I ever slapped someone’s face. I’m really sorry, but my hand can’t be controlled again.

“Please…”, I pleaded.

‘Y-Yuri-ah…”

Tears started to fall from my eyes. My heart hurts. My head hurts. I liked him too much, but he never thinks about it.

“P-Please don’t play with someone’s feelings when you didn’t really like them”, I said, pleading to him.

I left the pool and went to the changing room. I left Jong Suk alone in the pool. Right now I can’t even dare to see his face. It’s too hurtful.

Why did I like him too much ?

-----------

“Hey, Yuri”

“What ?”

“Your eyes are as black as a panda. Did you put a makeup or something”

“Can’t sleep. Just focus on your food already”

“Then, I want your ramen. A bit. Mine’s empty already”

Minho grabbed his chopsticks even though I haven’t said that he can or not. He grabbed my delicious ramen and puts it in his cup. And what did he do next ? He grinned. He was satisfied by my action. This kid.

Minho looked somewhere to avoid my glare. This is his routine everyday. Taking some of my food, then he grinned and I glared at him, and he avoids my gaze.

Something catches Minho’s attention. His eyes got wider.

“Yuri. That guy’s calling you”, Minho said.

“Who ?”, I asked.

Judging by Minho’s expression, I can already guess who he was. I quickly turned my head and avoid that guy’s gaze. I continued to focus on my food.

“Tell him I’m still eating”, I said.

“He said he’ll wait”, Minho replied quickly.

“Then tell him I have something to do after this and I can’t meet him”

“He said he’ll be waiting until you finished”

“Just say, is he crazy, like that”

“He nodded”

“Minho”

“Yep ?”

“Focus. On. Your food”

“Okay”

Minho continued to eat his food. I looked at him then continuing to enjoy my food. That guy’s presence can still be felt, especially his deep gaze.

I sighed and put my chopsticks down. Wiped my mouth then looked at Minho.

“Minho. I’ll be going somewhere for a while. Just go to class first”, I said.

“Okay”, Minho replied.

I stood up from my seat and walked somewhere.

“What are you doing here ?”, I asked.

That guy turned back. I really can’t stand to look at his face anymore.

“Let’s talk”, Jong Suk said.

“What do we need to talk about ?”, I asked.

“Let’s talk”

“Sorry. I have something to do”

I turned my back coldly against him. Took one step. But, his hand pulled me somewhere.

“Don’t go”, he whispered right next to my ear.

My face become hotter. H-He… What did he-?

My heart beats too fast as if it could be heard through the hallway.

His hands gripped me tightly. His silky hair can be felt right next to my face.

“Yuri… Yuri”, he called my name countless times as he hugged me tightly.

“S-Stop it”, I said.

I was too nervous that my heart beats too fast.

“I like you”, he whispered.

“W-What ?”

“I like you”

I didn’t want to believe in his obvious lie again. I’m fed up. Although I really wanted to hear that sentence came out from his mouth, I didn’t want to be tricked. I didn’t want to be crying all day just because of him. I wanted to be happy.

“Lies. I won’t be tricked anymore”, I said.

He lets go of his hands that were hugging me before and looked at me seriously. His handsome face was too beautiful that it was too annoying.

“Lie ? You think I’m lying ? Am I lying right now ? Why can’t you understand me ? You told me that I was a clueless guy, but aren’t you the same right now ? Let me say this one more time, I like you. And I’m serious”, he said.

This is the first time I saw him glaring at me. His deep eyes became deeper. Smile was gone from his face. It was only a serious expression like a robot.

“What about you then ? Have you ever once thought about me ? No, you don’t. You only thought about yourself. You’re too arrogant ! Forget it. We’re not meant to be together anyway. Let’s just live our life separately. This is the end. Bye”, I said.

We’re not meant to be together right ? This love ended in a painful way. But why did it have to end right now ? I liked him, but I was too afraid to be with him. I didn’t believe him, like he believed me. I’m too stupid to be with him. I’m sorry, Jong Suk-ah.

 

“When someone were meant to be together, no matter how far they were apart, no matter how they hurt each other, there will always be a way to be together”

 

=TO BE CONTINUED-