Part 3

WAS ONCE, THEN TWICE

Part 3

Can I even have a happy end ?

 

“Yuri ? You okay ?”

“Oh ? Oh”, I answered.

Me and Minho were on the way to biology class. For a moment, I was walking slowly while spacing out. And, Minho woke me up.

Minho was my only friend, even though he was a boy, but he was like a girl best friend for me so I enjoyed talking with him so much.

“What’s wrong with you lately ? You spaced out so much !”, Minho said.

“I… Just can’t sleep these days”, I replied.

“You must be. There are dark circles under your eyes”

“Geez… I know, I know”

Minho kept making me annoyed and all I could do was just to glare at him. But this time too, my glare didn’t work.

“You two must be having a nice time”

The both of us turned back at the same time. Jong Suk was standing there with his usual fans at the back, following him like a stalker.

“Yuri”

For the second time, my heart beats like crazy the moment he called my name and looked at me with his two serious eyes. All I could do is just to avoid his gaze.

“Talk with me for a second”, Jong Suk said.

He grabbed my hand in a flash, and well, his fans get a hold of Minho.

“Wait ! Wait ! Yuri-ah !!”, Minho screamed.

Oppa. Stay with us, please”, the girls said.

“But-“

Oppa

This time, they said it with those puppy-eyes which make Minho fell deeply inside their eyes.

“Ah. Okay, okay”, Minho answered.

“Yay !!! Oppa jjang !!”, the girls said.

“I think this is what it feels like to be a star. It’s so much fun ! I’ll be the one who gets this kind of treatment next year”

And, Minho enjoyed his not-so-long-fans’ love.

On the other side, I was…

Ya ! Let me go !”

Screaming.

Jong Suk grabbed my hand and drag me to somewhere. He was just too strong that I couldn’t even let go of my hand. He… Was a man for me for a moment, only for a moment.

And, there we arrived at the school’s swimming pool.

When did I arrive here ? Everything happened in an instant.

“Why are we here ?”, I asked.

“I dragged you here, why ?”, Jong Suk asked back.

“What do you want ?”

“What do you think ?”

“Can’t you answer my question first ?”

“Can’t you do the same then ?”

This…. Is truly annoying. He kept spinning my questions back and forth. Just what is he ?

“What do you want bringing me here ?”, I asked.

“What do you think ?”, he asked back.

Ya ! Can you just answer me first ?!”

Jong Suk looked at me for a while and then he walked towards me. For a while, his distance and mine has become closer and closer until I can feel his breath in front of me.

“You. Let’s swim”, Jong Suk said as his finger touched my nose, “Don’t think of anything weird. Let’s swim”

What ?! Swim ?! Are you crazy ?! Can I even swim in this kind of situation ?!

“The first time we met was also at a swimming pool right ? So then, I wanted today to be my second time where can I spend a time with you”, Jong Suk said.

“I- I don’t want to”, I said.

“I can just push you to the water with your clothes, or you can get changed in your swimming suit, and swim”

“I said I don’t want to !”

“Then, I have no other choice”

Jong Suk went towards me with his fast steps and pushed me from behind.

Ya ! Are you crazy ?!”, I screamed.

“I’m getting crazy because of you”, he replied.

My mind went blank. But I quickly realized that I was about to be thrown to the water.

“Okay ! Okay ! I’ll change my clothes and swim with you”, I said.

I gave up right now. He was too strong for me to resist him.

I quickly went into the changing room and changed into my swimsuit and brings my swimming goggles. Ah… I thought I could rest somewhere without him. These days are worse enough.

I sighed while walking towards the swimming pool. He was always bothering me with all his nagging and such. Is he a kid ? No he isn’t. Unless he was a kid who grew by magic and became an adult right now. 

“Are you a snail ?”

“What ?”

This guy. He annoyed me 100 times already ! Enough ! I hate him so much !

Ya”, I called him.

When  he looked back at me, I quickly kicked him into the water and, success !!! That’s what I thought. But, he held my foot.

“That won’t happen”, he said with an annoying smirk on his face.

“W-What ? Tch. That will happen”, I said.

He looked confused for a moment. And that’s when I decided to kick him with my other foot. And, *PLUNG*, he fell into the pool. Success !

Ya ! What are you doing ?! Ah, really. This girl !”, he screamed.

I only smiled, satisfied with what I did. Great job, Kwon Yuri. I smirked at him evilly and bend down, smirking at him.

“Revenge”, I whispered.

“Ah… Revenge huh ? Really this girl”, I said.

Jong Suk grabbed my hand when I was still bending down to him, and he pulled me until I fell into the swimming pool.

Ya ! Lee Jong Suk ! What are you-“

He looked at me with those serious eyes again. You know I can’t even budge when you stared me like that ! He kept looking at me with those serious eyes and went closer to me. His hand touched my face. Slowly, slowly, slowly. We became closer until it was only a small distance between us. I can feel his breath in front of him. My heart beats like crazy. My face was getting hotter and hotter. The two of us can only stare at each other.

He dragged me closer this time. And his breath was closer than ever. What is this ? Why is his stare made me can’t move an inch ? Why am I frozen like a statue ? Why did my heart beat like crazy every time I saw him ? This is crazy.

“Your face is getting red”, Jong Suk whispered right beside my ear.

I quickly covered my ear and glared at him. He only replied with a laugh.

“Stuuuu….pid”, he said, “You look cute”

“W-What ? Heh, now you learned how to talk sweet words. Such a jerk”, I said.

“’Well…. It’s normal ‘cause I’ve said that to many girls”

“Jerk”

I tried to look the other way to avoid his gaze. It was embarrassing. I really didn’t want this to happen. But why did this always happen to me ? I’m going to be crazy right now.

“Yuri”

“Wha-“

Jong Suk was right in front of me, and he came closer. His hands already caught me.

Cornered.

His face was closer, his breath was close and his gaze become deeper.

My heart was beating like crazy.

What is this ?

That day, he kissed me for the second time.