Part 1

WAS ONCE, THEN TWICE

Was Once, Then Twice

"I used to like you, but then I hate you. And now you re-appear in my life for the second time. Why ? And why did I like you for the second time in my life ? Why ? I didn't know but I liked you twice in my life"

 

I liked the same person for two years. He appeared in my life like a dream and disappeared like a dust. It was only a dream for one second, but it disappeared for years. He had made my life broken and I can only hope for him to love me. It’s all nonsense.

When he disappeared, he only left a note for me.

Wait for me.

I looked at those notes that he left for me, and ripped it up into pieces.

I didn’t want to meet him anymore.

Don’t make him come back here.

Go away.

Don’t appear in front of me the second time.

I hate you.

---------

Years pass by, and now I’m one of the college student at Seoul University. Once I was a middle school student, and in a blink of eye, I’m a college student. And, I was about to graduate next month. Time flies by so fast don’t you agree ?

Actually, if you thought that I had already found a boyfriend since I was already a college student, it’s 100% wrong. I’m still single and I don’t want to focus on love anymore. I’m fed up after what he did to me. And now, I only wanted to focus on my study and be a successful person.

My life has been so much better since I entered high school. My friends were all fun and we often spend most of the day doing the projects together and maybe sometimes, singing at the karaoke. I can improve my singing as well, and right now, I often got 100 points at the karaoke machine. Amazing. Maybe the karaoke machine started to like me.

And today, I went to the karaoke with some of my friends. It’s my friends turn to pay so I won’t miss it.

We were having fun singing my friend’s favorite song, Tears by LeeSsang. She sung this song for the 100th time already and yet she wasn’t even bored. Even us, the one who didn’t sing this song memorized all parts of the lyrics just because she sung it too often.

“Hey”, my friend called me.

“Hm ?”

“Have you heard the news ?”

“What news ?”, I asked.

“That news. About the actor that just debuted three months ago ! He came back to Korea after two months practicing acting with some professional actor from the States and he got an award for his incredible acting ! And what’s more, his face is just perfect ! I really wished to be his girlfriend someday….”

“That will never happen”

“Geez… You’re always like this ! Hmph !”

I only smirked seeing Jessica like that since she hasn’t experienced something like was tricked by the look of the face. ‘Cause I have. And since that day, I told myself not to get tricked by someone’s look.

“Hey, it’s your turn to sing”

I stared at her for a minute.

“I’ll skip. Just give it to Jessica”, I replied.

I was somehow feeling a bit lonely after remembering my past memories with that guy. It was a beautiful yet painful memories.

“Hey, Yuri, he’s handsome right ?”, Dasom asked.

“Who ?”, I asked back.

“This guy”

She showed me a newspaper that she brought and she showed me a picture of a guy wearing a black suit who was an actor. And, I was like being zapped by a thunder the moment I saw who that guy was. It was him.

“Hey ! Do you hear me ? Yuuuuuuriiiiii….”, my friend shook my shoulder and that makes me woke up from the nightmare.

“Ah. Right”, I replied.

“Right ? Handsome right ?”, Dasom said.

“Is that Lee Jong Suk ? Wah…. He’s daebak !!!!”, Jessica screamed.

Ah really. Daebak ?  His face was the only one that’s daebak, when he’s actually a jerk. I stretched out my arms and stood up from my comfortable seat. Right now, I only wanted to feel the nice air at the outside than talking about that guy with my friend.

“Where are you going ?”, Dasom asked.

“Outside”, I replied, then continued my walk.

Since everyone were singing inside the room, the outside was so quiet and no one was even there.

This is good.

I walked towards the empty hallway and looked down. That news of him coming back here really bothered me, although I knew that I wasn’t even included in this situation. But somehow, I just can’t get him out of my head. He kept spinning around my head for some reason. This is so annoying.

*BUMP*

“Ouch”

Someone bumped me and I fell down right after he bumped into me. Is this guy blind or what ? I looked up and glared at him.

“Sorry, sorry. Are you okay ?”, he asked.

“What do you think ?”, I replied quickly and stood up.

I patted my skirt so that the dust will come off. And, I glared at him for the second time.

“I’m sorry”, he said and he bowed.

“You should be”, I said.

I didn’t mean to say this, but that time my anger can’t be controlled. I turned my back against him and walked.

“Wait a minute…. Yuri ? Is that you ?”

And what again ? He pretended to know me ? What a jerk. I continued to walk without even looking back at him.

“Kwon Yuri !”, he called me for the second time.

And he even know my full name ?! Is he a stalker or something ? Wow…. I never imagined to have such fan. I am so…… ANNOYED.

“Kwon Yuri ! Do you remember me ?”

This time, he pulled my arm which caused me to turn my back towards him. Does he want to be kicked or what ?

Ya, you. Are you a-“

And what makes me stopped ? It’s him. For the second time he appeared in front of me. LEE JONG SUK.

I nearly didn’t recognize him because of his all-black clothing. Well, this is what most of the stars do I guess.

“Wahh…. It’s really you ! Long time no see ! Do you remember me ?”, he said.

Of course. Who didn’t remember the guy that has made her life miserable and cried all day long ?

“Wah… You became prettier than the last time I saw you”

Stop with that disgusting sweet talk of yours. I knew it was just a lie.

“Kwon Yuri ? Did you hear me ?”, he asked again.

Argh… Can’t he stop already ?!

“Kwon Yuri ?”

“Shut up”, I finally said.

“What ?”

“Shut up. Are you deaf ? Can’t you hear me to shut your mouth ? And by the way, don’t act so friendly with me. Just pretend like you didn’t know me. Bye”

I turned my back once again. This time, I’m running with all my might to my karaoke room. I opened the door with a loud bang and my friends looked at me the moment they heard the bang.

“Why, why ?”, they each asked.

Oh, crap. I opened the door too loud ! Aish…. Lee Jong Suk, that jerk.

I calmed myself and walked in to the room.

“Nothing. I just really wanted to sing so I came back here by running”, I tried to answer calmly.

“Ah…. I see. Then, let’s sing ! Yuri ! It’s your turn !”, Jessica said.

I grabbed the mic from Jessica and picked a song. I really wanted to scream right now so I chose any songs with high vocals. And since I was singing, my friends have all gone crazy and followed my style of shouting. I admit this karaoke room has already gone crazy.

*KNOCK**KNOCK*

And who disturb the craziness by the knock on the door ? Ah… It’s so annoying !

The door opened and a tall, handsome guy came in. As soon as he stepped in the room, all my friends have gone crazy and their shouts make all the other rooms open their doors one by one and look at what happened in our karaoke room. Aish… That person is just embarrassing us right now.

“IT’S LEE JONG SUK !!!

“Wah !!! It’s really him !!!”

I clenched my teeth and glared at him. He was busy receiving those love-love eyes from my friends’ eyes.

“Is someone named Kwon Yuri here ?”

Gasp ! Now what ?! Ah really this guy is just annoying !

“Who ?”

“Kwon Yuri”

“Ah… Yuri ? She’s here ! Why ?”

My friends grabbed my hand and pulls me. Jessica patted my shoulder and whispered something in my ear.

“I can’t believe you’re friends with Lee Jong Suk. You’re so fortunate !”, Jessica whispered.

Fortunate ? Hah, as if I was.

And right now I was standing in front of that jerk. He was smiling and grinning widely. Is he crazy or what ? Making someone’s life miserable and now smiling in front of that person.

“Yuri ! Long time no see ! Can you come with me for a while ? I need to talk to you about something”, he said and he offered a hand to me.

I only stared at that hand for a moment. And then, what did I do ? I slapped that hand. Don’t think me as a miserable person. I was really angry right now.

“Sorry. I didn’t intend to go with you so don’t bother me anymore”, I replied.

“But… I really, really need to talk with you !”, Jong Suk protested.

“Don’t you hear me ? I’m tired. Go away”

He froze for a while when I glared at him. Then he nodded slowly.

“Alright. Sorry”, he said with a small voice.

I was really glad when he left. But still, there is some trouble after he left.

Ya ! Kwon Yuri !”

“What ?”

They suddenly spoke out like that so I’m confused. They pushed me down to the chair and glared at me with those scary eyes of them. I wonder when I glared at Jong Suk my eyes were as scary as theirs.

Ya ! What are you doing ?!”, I finally shouted.

“That’s… Our sentence. What are you doing to Jong Suk oppa ? Don’t act all high and mighty you useless jerk ! You’re just nothing while he’s something ! Tch”

What ?! Oh-ho ! Now that I have said something like that to him, you all acted like this ? You’re the one who’s a jerk.

I glared back at them and what they did were whispering to each other. They then glared back at me for the second time. And, I was slapped.

“Don’t you dare to appear in front of us again you jerk”

They then left the room.

My cheek was still hurting after slapped by those un-faithful friends. I regretted to have to trust such friends. Really… My life’s getting worse just because of that guy whom appeared the second time in my life.

I just hope my days will get better and that he won’t appear in front of me anymore. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

X   MESSAGE  

 

Hello !!! 

I'm sorry for the late update of this story, since I had a final tests to do for a while...

I will try to update this story as soon as I finish my tests.

Thank you for reading my stories !!!
And of course, for everyone who has final tests, I wish you the best of lucks !!! 

Thank you !!!

--------------- XXXXXXXXXXX --------------