| Chapter 6 |

The Unexpected Truth

   I slipped on the white sparkly designed dress that Taemi had given me as a gift. I honestly couldn't wait for the party, but...the sad thing is I'm going to be serving their guests. I'm starting to wonder either I should come or not. I sighed and slipped on my blue high heels. I walked over to the mirror and applied some make-up. I fixed my hair into two different ponytails and placed a headband on top of my head. I applied some cherry flavored lipstick and smiled sweetly. “I can't believe I look this pretty.” I thought and carefully grabbed my purse. 

  “Unnie, I'm going now.” I informed one of the maids as she responded with a, “Alright, Ms. Park. Have fun!” I smiled and headed to my car. I called Jisun to come with me this morning but unfortunately, she had to go and visit her aunt and uncle's house for a family reunion party. I my car and placed my hand on the steering wheel. I smiled and started to drove off the street. 

  After a few minutes, I looked around. I haven't been to Seoul for about 2 months so I didn't recognize several places. “SM Entertainment should be somewhere right here..” I murmured, looking around and around. I didn't realized that I was still in the middle of the road and before I knew it, some car honked at me. “Hey, miss! Look where you're going! What an idiot.” The driver of the car that honked at me shouted and for some odd reason, I felt like I heard that voice before. It was a male voice. A very annoying male voice. 

 I looked over to the other car but unfortunately, it already drove off full of speed. “You called me an idiot, you idiot.” I spat as my eyes formed a sharp, furious gaze. I slowly drove, aimlessly looking around. “It's a big building so it should be easy to recognize..” I murmured again to myself. 

 I took a deep breath and decided to park the car on the side. I got out and I saw a brunette-haired guy, getting out of his car. He was about my age and I was a little taller. I sighed and decided to approach him. “Excuse me?” I started as he shifted his direction towards me. When he turned around to lock eyes with me, I felt like I immediately got knocked out right here. How can one have such an angelic face? 

  “Miss, are you alright? You've been staring at me for the past 5 minutes.” He said, along with a smile as I quickly got back to my senses. “Ah, yes. I-I..was going to ask you..” Before I finished my statement, he interrupted, “Out? Sorry, miss. I'm not allowed to date. I know I look so perfect but unfortunately, I'm not available.” He smiled, along with a slight smirk. What a jerk. It's not like I'm going to ask you out anyways. As what they say, something will always reveal out of a mask. 

  I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I placed my hands on my hips. Sassy Hyejin Activated. “Excuse you? For your information, I was only going to ask you where SM Entertainment is. And also, I'm not 1% interested in dating you. Jerk.” I retorted as he smirked again. “It's in front of you, for your information.” He replied in a you-are-such-an-idiot-wow tone as he pointed to the ginormous building standing in front of us. “Oh.” 

   “Baekhyun, why are you still here outside?” A tall, handsome guy called out as he ran towards the brunette-haired angel face jerk. Out of a sudden, a memory struck me. Baekhyun...B..aekhyun..Isn't he that member from EXO when Mr. Lee showed us their music video? I shifted my gaze towards the tall guy who was standing next to the jerk. Park Chanyeol..Chanyeol..Another member of EXO...Wait, hold on a minute, the EXO members are here? Which means that...I'll get to meet Sehun? Holy crap. 

   “Miss, are you alright?” came from a deep voiced male. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and looked up. It was Chanyeol. “Miss, you're spacing out. Are you okay?” I smiled and managed to nod. “I'm alright.” I said softly as he returned with his adorable grin, “That's good. Are you heading somewhere?” I nodded. “I'm going inside the building.” 

    “Lets go together then! I'm heading there too.” I only managed to nod. I followed Chanyeol and Baekhyun was walking next to him. I guess you could say I resembled a lost puppy, trying to follow a stranger. After a few minutes of endless following, we finally arrived to the location of the party. It was in the 5th floor of the building. The elevators unfortunately weren't functioning today so we had to take the stairs. I stood there, holding my leg as my eyes wandered around the room. About 60 people were already there and the party was about to start an hour later. I can't imagine how many people are going to be there an hour later. 

   I looked around, trying to find somewhere I could hibernate in for at least a few minutes. There were mostly girls but there were a few boys. I didn't recognize any of them but, they all looked like they could pass being an idol so I assumed that they were all idols, which means I'm pretty much like a commoner, you could say. Why of all days Jisun had to go to a family reunion party? I silently groaned as I heard someone clearing his throat. I looked to my side and I found Chanyeol sitting next to me. 

   I stared at him quite awkwardly and stayed silent. “What are you doing, standing here?” He asked as I cluelessly shrugged. “You should go there and dance along with everybody else, shouldn't you?” I couldn't really tell what he was trying to get out from this conversation. “I-I'm j-just waiting..for the party to start..” I stuttered as he played with his fingers, along with a slight smile. “There's some food over there you know, you could eat.” He said as I just shook my head. 

   “I'm Chanyeol, by the way.” He introduced silently as I responded, “I know. And I'm Hyejin.” He nodded as another moment of awkwardness started. “Hey, Chanyeol. Do you wanna d-” A red haired girl who was about my age as well approached and called for Chanyeol, but her statement was interrupted by my sudden presence. “O-oh..who's she, oppa?” The girl asked, looking at me with a disgusted look. “Just a girl I met outside.” Chanyeol replied as the girl nodded, still looking at me with a disgusted look. “I was going to ask if you wanted to dance.” The girl smiled at Chanyeol flirtatiously. “Sure, Krystal.” Chanyeol smiled and stood up. The girl whose name was Krystal smiled sweetly as she grabbed Chanyeol's hands and led him to where everybody else were. Once again, I was left alone. 

♦♦♦♦

   (Kyungsoo's P.O.V)

         “I don't like that one.” Sehun complained as the stylist picked up another suit for the 6th time. Sehun was being so picky and I could tell by the stylists' expression that she wasn't liking Sehun's constant complaints. I was sitting down on the seat as the hair stylist fixed my hair. I looked at the mirror and admired my attractive face. “I don't want that one either.” I heard Sehun complain again as I sighed and shook my head. “You might as well go , Sehun.” I sarcastically said as he shifted his gaze towards me. “Good idea, hyung.” Sehun said with a smile as I facepalmed myself. “Sehun, just wear what the stylist gives you. The party is starting in a half an hour and yet, you're still not ready.” 

  “Squishy, how do I look?” Luhan approached as he finished changing himself into his suit. I looked at him up and down and he actually looked extremely handsome. He was wearing a white suit inside and a black suit over the white suit as an exterior. The black suit formed a V opening and the V was represented by the white suit and to add to that, he had a cute little dark bowtie. It matched well with his lavender hair. He looked extremely good and I swear, he could melt every girls' hearts in the world. 

  “Squishy, I asked you a question. Why are you staring at me?” Luhan asked as I quickly snapped out of my imagination. “Oh, you look extremely good hyung.” I complimented along with a smile as Luhan responded, “Thank you.” He then headed his way outside. 

    “Kyungsoo~!!” It was Kai. If he's going to ask me how he looks, I'm going to slap him because he literally looks good in everything he wears. “What is it, Kai?” I asked as he looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his hair a bit. “Should I wear a hat or a shade to match with my outfit?” He asked as I thought about it for a little bit. Kai was wearing a nice white suit that went all the way to his ankle and he was wearing a leather sneaker as a footwear. His hair was styled as messy and he was holding a rose. “Kai, you look like you're going to prom.” Chen chuckled as he looked at his face in the mirror. “Kai, I think you look good without a hat or a shade. Just keep that cute smile on.” I smiled as he cutely smiled, “Thank you Kyunggie.” He walked outside as well. 

    The stylist was done fixing my hair and I looked at myself on the mirror once again. I was satisfied with my look. I stood up and walked around, examining the members' outfits until I came upon a shocking outfit. “Sehun, why are you wearing a sweater and shorts?” Sehun took off his shades and smiled at me. “I like this outfit better.” I took a deep breath and looked at him motherly like. “Sehun, we all have to wear suits. It's Mr. Lee's daughter's birthday today. We have to dress well. We have to show respect to Taemi and Mr. Lee. Plus, there's going to be millions of people coming. Please don't embarrass us.” I told him as his lips formed a cute pout. “But I don't want to wear a suit.” Sehun whined as I sighed. 

   “Everyone, Mr. Lee and Taemi are here. Come out.” Suho hyung called out as I stared at Sehun with a discouraged expression and walked outside. All 12 of us stood there, welcoming the beautiful Taemi wearing a long pink strapless dress. “Happy Birthday Taemi.” All the members greeted as Taemi smiled sweetly. I looked over at Sehun and I could feel the thundering gazes of everyone towards Sehun's direction. Of course, who wouldn't be confused when 11 people are wearing suits then one person wears a completely different outfit than expected? 

   “Lets all sing a very happy birthday to my beautiful daughter, Taemi.” Mr. Lee Soo Man announced on the microphone up the stage as we all nodded and started singing. “Happy birthday Taemi~ Happy birthday Taemi~ Happy birthday dear Taemi~ Happy birthday to you~” After we finished singing, we all clapped. Taemi smiled and walked up the stage, towards the microphone. 

    “First of all, I thank everyone for coming to my special party. It's an honor to have you all. I'm already starting to get old and I'm ready to face my future. I would like to thank my amazing father for giving me this beautiful and magnificent party with all the talented and good looking idols. Lets have a lot of fun! I love you all.” After Taemi finished her speech, she then smiled sweetly and blew a flying kiss. 

    The members all walked towards a table and there were 6 chairs in each table. We all divided into EXO-K and EXO-M and sat on our seats. “My cousin will be serving everyone their food so don't worry about standing up and getting yourselves food.” Taemi announced as we all smiled happily. 

♦♦♦♦ 

     (..Back To Hyejin's P.O.V.)

        “My cousin will be serving everyone their food so don't worry about standing and getting yourselves food.” Taemi said, along with a smile as I rolled my eyes. I've never agreed to be her maid in the first place, so why did I end up being one? I sat down on a chair, playing with my phone. I wasn't really the kind to socialize because I was used to being all popular in school. “Hyejin, what are you sitting there for?” I shifted my eyes up and saw my uncle, Lee Soo Man. “Oh, uncle. Hi.” I stood up and bowed as he smiled at me. “Shouldn't you be enjoying the party?” He asked as I nodded in agreement. “I'm just waiting for Taemi so I can greet her Happy Birthday.” I responded as he nodded, along with a nod. “Well, I'll see you in a bit.” He concluded as I nodded and he headed his way downstairs. 

         “Hyejin! What are you doing sitting there for?! The guests are hungry. Get into your waitress suit and serve them food!” Taemi yelled at me as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside the kitchen. “Here's your waitress suit. Wear it right now. The people outside are hungry. You are so selfish.” She rolled his eyes as she tossed the waitress outfit towards me. 

      I shifted my gaze towards Taemi who gave me one last glare and opened the door, heading her way outside plastering a beautiful fake smile. I stood there in the locker room, slipping on the waitress suit I was holding. I wasn't even bothering to take off the dress I was wearing, it was beautiful after all. I looked around the room and I spotted quite a few pictures of my uncle with some people I'm clueless about. The ladies in the pictures were looking stunning and the men were looking extremely handsome. Wow, they must be the idols that work for him. I thought. 

     Suddenly, one large picture frame caught my interest. It was uncle Lee Soo Man and 6 pretty angelic looking males. I studied the males' faces and right away, I recognized that it was EXO. One of them were blond haired which I could remember by the shape of his face was Suho. The next one was a distinctive face that I just saw a few minutes ago. Baekhyun, more like Jerkhyun actually. Next to Baekhyun was a tall, grinning male who had a messy hairstyle. Right away, I knew it was Chanyeol. The tall, sweet guy in the neighborhood. In front of Chanyeol was a dark haired male with huge shaped eyes, sitting down on the floor. It was probably D.O, I suppose but I wasn't too convinced. Right next the owl-like eyes that was probably D.O but who knows, was another dark haired male and he looked quite handsome. I could tell just by the smirk and the charismatic pose of the picture that he was that i'm-so-cool type of dude. I feel like his name is in the tip of my tongue, but my brain can't seem to recognize it. Right after the i'm-so-cool- dude was a rainbow haired man that I can tell even without looking at his angelic face. Sehun, the crotch grabber. Sehun, the rainbow haired beast. Sehun. Oh Sehun. Nothing to say about him, nothing. 

       “This party is like so boring, where the heck are the food anyways.” I heard a female voice say from the ladies' bathroom. It was sort of like a high-pitched voice and I could tell there was another female voice which was actually much more lower. “When are you going to make Suho fall in love with you?” The lower-pitched female voice asked. “He's already falling in love with me.” The high-pitched female voice giggled. “Ayyyee, I heard you two stayed at the same hotel last week. What did you two do?” I stared at the wall, figuring out what their conversation was about. It was sort of suspicious but I knew I shouldn't be eavesdropping. I grabbed the door handle and just right before I was about to head out, I heard, “..I'm only going out with him for his money.” 

   I stopped and stared at the ceiling, thinking of how mysterious such conversation was. They had mentioned Suho's name and one of them is just going out with him for his money. Wait a second, why am I exactly caring about this? Out of a sudden, somebody screamed in my ear. “HYEJIN YOU FREAKING IDIOTIC MESS, WHERE ARE THE FOODS?! THE GUESTS ARE FREAKING STARVING AS HECK!” It was Taemi's loud high pitched yelling, of course. I looked at her and I swear if it was possible to see such irritated red devilish eyes, I knew she was extremely angry. 

      “Taemi, I'm sorry. I was in the locker room and sort of got distracted.” I explained slowly, fixing my hair. “Shut up, idiot. Go serve the guests their food and don't be such an idiot, even though you already are. Nobody invited you to this party to actually party around. Idiotic mess.” She spat and sashayed away back to the stage. I took a deep breath and slowly headed my way to the kitchen. 

      “I'm here to serve the food.” I said quietly to the chef who had his back in front of me. In front of him, I heard a raspy sound that activates whenever somebody cooks fried chicken with oil or something like that. He still had his back behind me, so I had nothing to do but wait. I looked around the large kitchen and saw more portraits, similar to the others I saw in the locker room except the portraits here with much bigger. On the corner, there was an enormous picture that probably consists of all the idols in SM Entertainment, inferring from the huge amount of people. 

      “What do you need?” A voice came from behind me as I quickly turned around, startled. The chef was now looking at me. I examined him up and down, over and over again. He was wearing a chef hat and a chef uniform, and I could practically only see his face. He looks like he was around in his 30's and his face was so white, whiter than mine actually. I stared at his eyes and it was not the typical Korean eyes you see from everyone else, it was blue and green. His left eye which was a bit smaller than the other one was blue and his right eye was green. I started to shiver, hoping he wasn't some kind of wolf or vampire that would eat me up. 

      “Miss, why are you staring at me? Hello?” He had asked, looking at me with a strange look. I just realized that he had some kind of accent whenever he speaks. Again, it wasn't the typical Korean accent you always hear everywhere, it was different. Suddenly, I quickly remembered Taemi's irritated devilish eyes and quickly snapped out of my thoughts. “Can you give me the food that you have cooked? I need to serve the guests outside.” At first, he took one last look at me and then eventually nodded, getting back to work. 

       I was standing behind him, waiting for him to finish up preparing all the trays and food as well. Silence filled the atmosphere, clanking of plates and utensils filled the silence of the room. I proceeded to look around, trying to see if I can spot some other interesting items or portraits. But, I saw nothing. Instead, the room was filled of delicious looking desserts such as ice cream with different looking fruity flavors, chocolate cakes that involved cute toppings in the transparent refrigerator, frozen yogurt in a small transparent box, and many many more. 

      “Miss, here you go.” The chef handed me a tray containing of a plate filled with fried chicken, a smaller plate containing of chocolate cake with strawberries on top, a bowl containing of grapes, sliced apples, strawberries, and other fresh fruits. Then, on the other side of the tray was strawberry flavored frozen yogurt. By just staring at the food in front of me, I feel like I could drool a bucket of saliva. “Miss, please hurry up. The idols are very hungry as of now.” The chef reminded me as I quickly nodded. 

      Before I opened the door and headed out, I quickly realized that I had no idea where to actually take the tray I was holding. “Excuse me, but where am I supposed to take this tray?” He took a piece of paper and examined it from top to bottom. “Table 88. Give that tray to the 2nd tallest guy sitting on the table. If anything, his name is Chanyeol.” He explained and added, “Come back quickly. After him, you still have 11 more to go.” After he said that, I sighed. I grabbed the door handle and carefully headed outside, with the tray in front of me. 

       He had said that I'm supposed to take this tray to Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. The tall guy I had just met today outside, which means that I'm also going to meet Jerkhyun Baekhyun. Which means that I'm going to see EXO. Wait, EXO?! Holy crap. Before my fangirl problem activates, I quickly shifted my eyes to the table numbers. Table 18.. Table 35.. Table 68... Table 90.. Wait, come back. Table 88.. There! 

     I immediately spotted Table 88 and quickly saw my target, tall guy Chanyeol. He was sitting next to Baekhyun, of course. Besides Baekhyun and Chanyeol, there were three more other people sitting on the table. They must be the rest of the EXO members, I thought to myself. I slowly walked my way to their table, shy and embarrassed. They were having a conversation, laughing and such. When I arrived there, they spotted my existence and all of them quickly shifted their attention towards me, making my whole body shiver at such attention. I looked at all of them and saw their captivating gazes, except for Baekhyun who had an irritated gaze seeing my face. For an odd reason, I didn't see Sehun sitting with them. I looked around at the other tables and saw no sight of him. I mentally pouted, I had no luck. 

      “Looking for someone?” Baekhyun spoke, shifting his irritated eyes towards me. “Um, no. T-this food is for C-chanyeol..” I stuttered as Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, making me want to slap him for such idiotic action. “Oh, for me?” Deep-voiced Chanyeol spoke along with a smile as I confidently nodded. He quickly stood up and I carefully handed him the tray, along with a 90-degree bow. He slowly sat back down along with a, “Thank you.” I nodded and smiled, still hoping I could spot Sehun somewhere. 

     “Um, hello? What about our foods?” Baekhyun spoke with that annoying voice of his and pointed to himself and the other three members present on the table. “Chanyeol is definitely not a VIP.” Baekhyun added, shifting his eyes towards the tall male sitting next to him, happily eating his food. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the sight of Chanyeol eating his food and shifted his eyes towards me, now with a glare. “I'll go get them.” I said, glaring back at Jerkhyun Baekhyun.

     After about a half an hour later, I finished handing all the other four members of EXO their foods. However, I had a big little problem with Baekhyun. He was complaining why his food was so cold and why it wasn't as warm as the other members. He was also complaining why his food was the last to arrive and claimed that he was special. He was also demanding me to get him a cup of wine and told me to make sure it gets there within his time limit, which he didn't tell me when. I gritted my teeth and asked the chef for a glass of wine, special service ordered my the freaking demanding diva Byun Baekhyun. 

    The chef handed me the cup of wine as I immediately rushed off to Baekhyun's table, hoping that I could purposely accidentally spill the wine on his face. Also, the chef had told me to be quick as well because apparently, I had to serve the 7 other members. The chef told me that I had to serve the members of EXO-M. I'm still quite confused about who 'EXO-M' is because what is EXO-M? I shrugged and continued running walking towards Baekhyun's table. 

   Out of a sudden, somebody immediately came out from the men's bathroom, making me spill the glass of wine on his clothes. My eyes widened, seeing the wine imprinted on his white sweater. I slowly shifted my eyes upwards, only to meet his irritated looking face as he looked at his stained white sweater.

      “I-I'm so sorry..” I stuttered, quickly grabbing a napkin from my pocket and wiping it on his stained sweater. I continued wiping, only to realize that I was wiping Oh Sehun's sweater. I do admit, he looked absolutely attractive with a sweater and skinny shorts. Although, I was confused at why the other members were wearing suits except him. But no matter what, he still looked extremely fascinatingly handsome. “Please don't do that. It's making the stain spread all around, instead of staying in one spot. Please just leave me alone.” He muttered as the staring females gasped and giggled. Oh Sehun just told me to leave him alone. Well, so much for that wish. 

      I looked at the empty glass of wine I was holding and sighed. As I was about to head back to the kitchen, two men quickly bumped onto me nearly knocking me out. Both of them were tall and without even realizing it, they quickly stopped and ran back towards my direction. “Oh miss, are you alright?” It came from a familiar deep voiced that I knew wasn't Chanyeol's because it sounded different and as I shifted my eyes upwards to look at his face, I was startled only to see Kris. His eyes widened as he looked at me. I looked at the other person next to him and saw the person I dreamed of never seeing again. Huang Zitao. 

     “Kris?” I asked in disbelief. 

     “Hyejin?” 

     “You.” Tao stated, as he shot me a sharp glare; making my inside shiver. 

     “You.” I replied back with devilish, violent eyes. 



End Of Chapter 6