| Chapter 4 |

The Unexpected Truth

 

 84988d64-725a-454b-b60c-a6be04976d6dwall   

[[Chanyeol's P.O.V]]

    “Alright, I'm going to announce the first question.” Suho hyung said as we all looked at him with competitive gazes however, I think mine was a little stronger than the others. Suho hyung chuckled, “Boys, I want you to remember that this is not a real game that relies on your life. It's just for fun while we're waiting for Kyungsoo to finish cooking.” We nodded obediently, as if we'll actually obey what he just said. “Wait, wait! I have an objection.” Baekhyun protested as we all turned our heads to him. “Yes, Baekhyun?” Suho hyung asked. “The other team only has 4 players while we have 6 so they have a big advantage of winning first since they a small about of members. That's unfair,” Baekhyun complained as Suho hyung nodded. “Chanyeol. Wanna give us another idea?” 

   “How about this..if the other team finishes up first, they have to form a pyramid and kick a ball while blindfolded.” I suggested as the other team started confronting, “That's not fair!” I sighed and said, “How about this? If the other team finishes up first, they have to form a human pyramid with all four of the members.” I looked at the other team and they seem to be comfortable with my second suggestion, finally. “Alright Chanyeol. We'll go with that.” For the first time, Lay hyung actually spoke. 

 I looked at my team members and they all smiled at me. They looked very determined towards this game and I was as well, so we made a really good team. Suho hyung looked at all of us, “Alright...First question. It is very easy. You have to put your members in alphabetical order by their stage name, but you have to use the English Alphabet.” After Suho hyung had added the 'but,' we all groaned but I just remembered that Kris was in my team and he speaks pretty good English. “Your one minute starts now!” Suho hyung whistled as we started moving around, arranging our members. “Kris hyung, you're good at English. Tell us.” I asked, but more like begged but who cares, really. “Alright..lets see..Baekhyun..Luhan...Sehun...Tao..Chanyeol..Me..” He examined as I stood there impatiently. “Baekhyun, go stand in the front.” He ordered as Baekhyun quickly did so. “Chanyeol, next to him.” I did as I was told. “Luhan, next to Chanyeol.” Luhan hyung smiled and did what he was told to. Of course, a smile would form on his face. “Sehun, next to Luhan.” Sehun smiled as he high-fived Luhan in front of him. “Tao, behind Sehun.” Tao smiled a bit and did what he was told. Kris hyung stood behind Tao and I signaled Suho hyung that we were finished. He nodded and waited for the other team to get done. “Hey, I just noticed something. This is like what we had before.” Luhan hyung said as I looked around and nodded in agreement. “Aish! We could have won without even moving and arranging and everything else.” I groaned in disappointment as Kris hyung said, “It's alright, Yeollie. We still won anyways.”

 I smiled, watching the other team struggling. By struggling, you're probably inferring that they are trying to form a human pyramid as of now, right? Ha, no. Xiumin, Kai, and Chen were both standing in the front and Lay was in the very far back. “We're finished.” Chen excitedly grinned as I just smiled, looking at how bad they had failed. “Chen, I have a question for your team.” Chen nodded while smiling, excited for the question. “Why are you three all in the front while Lay is about almost, 20 feet away from you?” Suho hyung asked as I just grinned again. “Well, you could say...I'm pretty good at English myself.” Chen said as I just snorted. He turned to look at me as I just turn away innocently. “Alright. So, I'm Kim Jongdae. He's Kim Minseok. He's Kim Jongin. So, it makes sense that we're all in the front. The guy who's 20 feet away from us is Zhang Yixing, so it makes sense that he's away from us.” Chen explained informatively as I just shook my head. “Chen, we were suppose to look at the stage names not, the last names. And also, you could've just allowed Lay to stand behind you.”  Suho hyung said as Chen obediently nodded. “EXO-S won this round.” We cheered and high-fived each other. 

“I will announce the next question. As I look at it, it might be a little difficult for some of you.” Suho hyung started before Baekhyun interrupted, “Suho hyung, just get to the point. We don't need a bunch of information. This is not speech nor Literature class.” After Baekhyun said that, Suho gave him a little glare. “Alright, the next question actually isn't a formation where you have to arrange your members from whatsoever to whatnot. It is simply just a question that you have to use teamwork in order to accomplish it.” Suho stated as we all groaned. “What? Is it 1 + 1?” Baekhyun asked and I looked at Suho hyung who looked very annoyed. “No, Baekhyun. Stop interrupting me. I don't need your little smarty brain.” Suho hyung said sternly as Baekhyun obediently nodded. We've only seen leader hyung get mad a few times and I'm pretty sure the members, including me, does not want to see it again. 

“..The question is for EXO-4. Here we go. Chanyeol's parents has three children. One is Sehun, the other one is Kai, who's the third one?” I jumped up and down, getting ready to explode because I knew the answer and I wanted to answer it so badly. “Jongdae.” Suho hyung said as Chen quickly answered, “Park Yoora!” I facepalmed my face. Just, how stupid could he possibly get? “Me, me, me, me!” Xiumin jumped up as Suho said, “Minseok.” Xiumin then quickly answered, “Kyungsoo because the EXO-K maknae line is Kai and Sehun but before Kai is Kyungsoo.” Suho hyung shook his head. I think what Minseok said actually made a logical sense, but it still wasn't right. “Lay, do you have an answer?” Suho asked as Lay nodded, “It's easy as pie but I think my EXO-4 members just doesn't seem to know how to think logically, no offense. But the answer is Park Chanyeol.” After Lay said that, I clapped happily, seeing that somebody had actually answered it right from the other team. “Lay is indeed right. EXO-4 got 1 point.” Suho hyung announced as Chen, Xiumin, and Kai ran down to Lay (who was by the way still standing far from them) and hugged him as tightly as they could. 

“Next question is for EXO-S.” I looked at the team and what I like about my team is that they are very determined members, even Luhan. “This question is indeed very easy. But, this question can be a trick question. Who is EXO-K and EXO-M's Dancing Machine? I will give the 6 of you each a turn to give me an answer. If everybody agrees on  the same answer and it's right, your team is the winner. However, if one person only gets it right, that person will receive extra food from Kyungsoo himself.” 

I tried to think about it. He said that the question was very easy, but it could be a trick question. I'm confused; yet not. “Kris, you go first.” Suho stated as Kris answered without hesitating, “Kai and Lay, duh.” After Kris said that, Suho plastered a smile on his face. I couldn't really tell what kind of smile it was, it was just a smile. “Tao?” Tao quickly answered, “Jongin and Yixing.” Suho, then plastered another smile. “Sehun?” 

“Chanyeol and Chen.” I looked at Suho and he wasn't smiling though like how he did with the other 2, he was plainly nodding. “Sehun, what the frick?! Why would you say Chanyeol and Chen? They can't even dance for sake!” Baekhyun shouted as Sehun shrugged. I looked at Baekhyun and he slowly grinned, “No offense, Yeol.” I nodded. 

“Luhan?” Suho asked looking at the thinking figure, that was Luhan. “Alright, you seem to be thinking a little bit too much. I'll come back to you.” Suho said and moved on to Baekhyun. “Well, as for me, unlike Sehun, I am not an idiot and I am very logical. Therefore, Kai and Lay is the answer. What kind of idiot would answer CHANYEOL AND FREAKING CHEN?!” Baekhyun shouted again, emphasizing the last four words. “Byun Baekhyun. You have been very distractive for the past few minutes. Get a grip and grow up because everybody has their own opinions.” Suho stated as Chen from the other team snorted. “Yeah, Baekhyun. Grow a ball and grow up.” Chen added, laughing a bit as Baekhyun looked at him fiercely, “OH CHEN YOU WANNA FIGHT?!” He shouted and was getting ready to run towards Chen with clenched fist as I grabbed a grip of his shoulders, “Baek, let it go.” 

“Chanyeol?” Suho asked as I calmly said, “Kai and Lay.” Suho plastered a similar smile from before again as he shifted his eyes towards Luhan who was sweating, probably due to thinking a little too much. “Luhan?” Luhan took a deep breath and said, “You know what? You said, it could be a trick question so I'm going to go for Chanyeol and Chen.” Suho didn't smile again, yet nodded like he did with Sehun. “Ah, so this is why you both are paired up for an EXO ship because you both are dang idiots! We could've won if you didn't freaking answer Chanyeol and freaking Chen.” Again, Baekhyun was overreacting. “BYUN BAEKHYUN!” Suho shouted as we all flinched, even Baekhyun himself. “Baekhyun, you don't even know the answer so why don't you just shut up there and wait your freaking there instead of using your dirty mouth without any evidence?!” Suho shouted again and gave Baekhyun a really sharp glare, that I could infer, made Baekhyun's inside get knocked out. “I'm sorry.” Baekhyun bowed and said silently. 

“Chensing Machine and Yeolsing Machine, Chanyeol and Chen is the answer. It was indeed a trick question.” Suho stated as both Sehun and Luhan shifted their eyes towards each other smiling, high-fiving each other. Instead of being totally mad about not winning, I was actually really happy for them. They deserved to win after all of Baekhyun's false overreactment. And also, because I was one of the answers. After Baekhyun heard the answer, he shifted his gaze towards me, with his mouth 'O' shaped. “Is Baekkie ashamed now?~” I teased as he glared at me, “Shut up.” 

“Congratulations Sehun and Luhan! You will receive extra food from our lovely chef, Kyungsoo.” Suho stated along with a smile. “I heard that!” The voice came from Kyungsoo in the kitchen. “Aw, Squishy is working hard.” I teased as Kyungsoo just cutely whined, “Chanyeol, if you wanna eat, shhhh.” I giggled. Our Squishy was just a bit too Squishy, which is why we love him. 

“Food is ready everyone!” Kyungsoo called out from the kitchen as we immediately dashed off inside the kitchen. I stopped when I saw Baekhyun pouting. He walked up to Sehun and Luhan and I heard him say, “I'm sorry for calling you both idiots. I was being a little too harsh.” Sehun and Luhan just looked at him. I couldn't really blame them. “It's alright, Baekhyun.” Luhan spoke up as Baekhyun hugged him. “Can I please eat with you guys with your extra food?” Baekhyun grinned as both Sehun and Luhan said in unison, “No.” and dashed off inside the kitchen with the others. 

“So much for that fortune cookie, Baek.” I tapped his shoulder as he looked at me with a sharp glare, “Shut up, Chanyeol.” and headed inside the kitchen discouraged. I just laughed. 



 (Back To Hyejin's P.O.V.)

           “Miss Hyejin, you have a visitor.” One of my maid called out as I yawned sleepily. It was already around 10:00 PM. Who the heck visits 2 hours before midnight? I let out a groan and threw my pillow on the bed, and headed my way to the living room. “Baby Hyejin!!” Before I could even turn to see who it was, the figure already hugged me but more like extremely wanting to suffocate me. I rubbed my eyes with my hand and looked up. It was my evil cousin, Taemi. She's the daughter of the owner of SM Entertainment, Lee Soo Man. “T-tae..mi..what are you doing here at this fine hour?” I wanted to try being sarcastic towards her, hoping she would pick up what I was trying to say. 

         “Oh, baby Hyejin, you must be surprised by my sudden presence.” She said softly, fake smiling at me. Very surprised, I thought. “Dad wanted me to give you this beautiful gift.” She took out a bag, covered with flowery designs and a ribbon on the top. I carefully examined the bag, wondering what could be inside that fancy looking paper-made item that was in front of her. “Hyejin, honey. Please take it.” Taemi ordered as I smiled a bit fakely and nodded. 

    I continued examining the bag and tried to peek inside to see what it was. “Hyejin, you can open it, you know.” She said, along with a disgusted tone and a I'm-so-embarrassed-to-be-related-to-you look. I nodded and carefully opened it, scared if a bomb was going to blow up right in front of my face any moment. 

    It took about 20 minutes just for me to open the bag, but I didn't care. It was common for me to be scared of her 'gifts.' One time during my 10th birthday, Taemi went to my birthday party along with her mother and handed me a beautiful gift. She said it was the thing that I had ever wanted, ever since I was born. I didn't remember telling her anything I want, not even my name actually. When I opened it, it revealed a crawling rodent with fuzzy skin also known as a hamster. I screamed as loud as I can because she knew better that I was allergic to hamsters, which is weird I know. After that incident, the hamster was crawling everywhere on the floor and it was on loose. So, everyone tried to find the hideous fuzzy-skinned monster. As for me, I was in my bedroom hiding. Since then, I would always get frightened whenever Taemi gives me a gift. 

 “Hyejin, you're taking too long to open it. Hurry up because I have more explanation.” I looked at her and nodded obediently as the bag revealed, surprisingly, a beautiful white strapless dress with bits of sparkles surrounding the exterior. I looked all around the dress to see if there were any holes, ants, rodents, whatever Taemi has put on it. Surprisingly, I didn't find anything Taemi-like evilishness. 

 “Taemi, what's this?” I asked, looking at her surprised. “You're invited to my birthday party. It's going to be held in SM Entertainment and idols will be present there as well.” For some odd reason, a smile formed on my face. “Taemi, thank you very much. This is amazing.” Right before I knew it, I was hugging her. “You're welcome, Hyejin. I've always known you like parties, so here I am, inviting you.” She smiled sweetly as I returned the smile. “This dress is beautiful.” 

Maybe Taemi wasn't really that bad, after all. I smiled, examining the dress. “Taemi, would you like some snacks?” I asked, as she shook her head. “I had dinner before I came here.” I nodded. Suddenly, I heard a ring. It was Taemi's phone and she said, “I need to take this.” She, then pressed answer on her phone as I kept staring at the dress. 

“Hey oppa, sorry for worrying you. But I'm here in my cousin's house.” 

I found myself listening to her conversation. 

“Yes, I'm coming back there in a few minutes.” 

..Interesting..

“I know, oppa. We'll have that date tomorrow. I was really busy today, and so were you. Daddy said that you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work!”

“Oh, you should be sleeping oppa. It's almost midnight.” . . . “Oh, you're waiting for me? Alright, I'll go back there now. Love you too.”

Taemi placed her phone back in her pocket and she shifted her eyes towards me. “Hyejin, I got to go. My boyfriend is waiting for me. The party will be this Saturday. I hope you have fun.” I nodded and smiled, “Thank you for inviting me and for the dress as well, Taemi.” She nodded, picked up her purse, and started to head down the door. 

 “No problem, looking forward to you serving our guests their food.”

.

.

.

And there was the Lee Taemi I knew.