| Chapter 5 |

The Unexpected Truth

 84988d64-725a-454b-b60c-a6be04976d6dwall

 “Miss Hyejin, your mom is on the phone.” called one of the maids from the living room as I sat up and yawned. I looked outside my window and it was already sunlight. Another day of torture, oops I mean life. “I'm coming.” I called back as I lazily stood up, opened my door, and walked to the living room. She handed me the phone as I pressed answer. “Hello?” I started, along with a slight yawn. “Hyejin darling, it's mom. How are you doing in the house?” My mom replied. 

  First, let me talk about my mother and father. They barely come home from work because they have to stay in their business and run it. Apparently, they don't trust their employees. It has been said that one time an employee attempted to steal one of the laptops in their company which is confusing because, why would somebody steal a laptop when they work in a company? Anyways, since mom and dad have to watch their company, they barely come home but they have a mansion near their company so that's where pretty much they come home everyday. I'm their only child so I guess they think they can just continue with their job and forget about me. Ever since I was about 10 years old, my parents started doing this and they would either call me a month later, or maybe even a year later. Until then and now, the maids have pretty much took care of me. It's saddening, but yet true. Now she decides to call me and ask how I'm doing, wow. 

 “Hyejin, it's been around 5 minutes. Why aren't you answering?” My mom asked as I rolled my eyes. Well now that you call me about 5 months later since your last call, I think I'm doing very well, yeah really well. I mentally groaned as I plastered a fake smile and calmly responded, “Oh, mom. I'm sorry. I'm doing really really well. How about you?” I just wanted to yell, but I know that won't really help a lot. “I'm glad you're doing well, my angel. I'm doing well too, I missed you though.” She replied as I mentally snorted. Miss me? More like not. “Aw, mom. I missed you too. By the way, when will we actually see each other? It's been almost 2 years, you know.” I said sarcastically, hoping she would buy it, but knowing my mom, I don't think so. 

  “Honey, I'm afraid we won't be able to see each other currently. I've been very busy.” Hmph, that's the same excuse you made 5 years ago mom. “Oh, I see. Alright, mom. I guess your work is more important than me. I completely understand.” I felt like crying right there, but again it won't help. Who in the world will not cry if your parent thinks you're less important than work? That's basically abandoning you, in a nice way I guess. 

  “Oh, honey it's not like that. We'll meet soon. Just keep doing great at school. Oh, hold on I have to go. The meeting is going to be held in a few minutes. Bye, Hyejin.” Before I could ever say my response, she already hang up. I stared at the phone and without realizing, tears were streaming down my face. I sat down on the couch, looking down at the ground. I took a deep breath as more tears streamed down. 

  What exactly did I do to deserve this? I'm basically abandoned by my mother and father. Their work is more important than their own child. Then, what's my purpose of being in this world exactly? I've always wanted to know, tell me...

  Before I knew it, I was punching the couch as hard as I can while crying endlessly. One of the maids came up to me, sat next to me, and rubbed my back. I continued crying, as I stopped punching the couch. I took another deep breath and covered my face with my hands. “Miss Hyejin, just let it all out.” I heard the maid say and I could recognize her voice, it was Hana. “I feel abandoned, I want to feel loved. It hurts when your parents choose their work over you.” I said between sniffles, wiping a tear from my eyes. “I totally understand. I had a similar problem before like that as well.” She said as I looked at her. I've never really learned anything from these maids before and I've never known anything about their past, maybe I should now. 

  “What happened to you before?” I asked as she plastered a smile on her face. “Thought you'd never ask. But alright, I'll tell you. I was abandoned too and I didn't feel like it, it really happened.”



       ►►►► - Author's Point Of View - ►►►► (Hana's Past)

         “Jung Hana! Just look at your brother. He's supposed to be in high school right now but yet, he is in college already because he works so hard unlike you...worthless crap.” Hana's mother scolded her daughter when she scanned her grades on her report card. “Mom, I'm not worthless.” Hana spoke as her mom shifted her eyes towards her possibly quicker than the speed of light, “Will you just shut up? Look at these grades. 70, 65, 67, 72, 54?! And you say you're not worthless. How did I give birth to such an idiot?” Her mom cursed as the 17 year old female looked at the ground. 

  “Hannaaaa~” Hana was in her bedroom, staring at her blank paged notebook as she heard a noise from outside. She opened her window and looked out. It was her best friend, Chilhyun whom prefered to be called Kangta. He lives right next door and their windows were across from each other. “Hey, Chil.” Hana said sadly as Kangta looked at her with a look. He assumed Hana's parents scolded her for her bad grades again. “Yah, why are you so gloomy?” 

  “Can't you already tell?” Hana said quietly, knowing Kangta knew her so much, even better than she knew herself. “Did you get scolded again?” Kangta added as Hana softly nodded. “What did your mom say now?” He asked, worriedly. “Called me an idiot and worthless crap.” 

  “What the heck? Isn't that a bit too harsh? And to think that she said that to her own daughter,” Kangta plastered a furious look. He knew how Hana's mother would always insult her, but he can't believe that she says that to her own daughter. “Hey, Hana. What if we run away and live together?” Kangta whispered as Hana plastered a shocked face, looking at Kangta. She wanted to slap him for being an idiot, but she couldn't. She could only slap the air sadly. “Are you kidding me, Chil? You're such an idiot, really.”

  “What? At least you won't have anyone insulting you and criticizing you around.” Kangta had said as Hana shook her head. “No, Chil. Anyways, my mom is right. I am an idiot. I don't even deserve to live.” After Hana said that, Kangta felt like slapping even though it was illegal but he hated how she said such thing. “Jung Hana, don't ever say that again. You deserve to live, so shut about it.” Kangta wasn't joking anymore or anything, he was deep serious. 

  “Mom was right. Why can't I be a genius like my younger brother? He's 14 and in college. I'm 17 and I'm in high school.” Hana said while sighing. Kangta on the other hand, just wanted to fly inside Hana's bedroom and comfort her. “Hana, don't worry about it. You'll be in college in 2 years.” 

  It was 3 days after the report card criticizement checking. Hana wasn't feeling well today and she kept constantly going to the bathroom to puke. She didn't feel like doing anything, not even eating, she just wanted to puke. She wobbled back to her bedroom and placed herself in bed. Honestly, she hasn't been feeling well for the past few days. “Argh,” she groaned. 

 “Hana! Wash the dishes out here since you have no school. Hurry up.” It was her mom, doing her daily basis scream at her. Hana didn't want to get up, in fact, she wasn't motivated at all. She had no strength, no nothing. “HANA! I TOLD YOU TO COME YOUR DOWN HERE!” Her mother furiously shouted. Hana tried getting up, but she still couldn't. 

 “Hannnnaaa~” She heard and knew it was Kangta. She forcefully opened the door, enduring the painful pain she was in. She saw Kangta's happy face. However, she couldn't stand up though so she was practically kneeling. “Oh hi Chi-” Before she could even finish her sentence, all she could see was a big blob of darkness.

 Kangta didn't see Hana anymore. He looked confused and tried to see if Hana was only playing Hide And Seek but he then realized that, this never happens. Hana has fainted. He quickly ran down the stairs to Hana's house. He didn't bother greeting Hana's mother who was in the middle of praising her 14 year old son and headed to Hana's bedroom. There he saw Hana laying down on her bed unconsciously. His eyes widened and yelled downstairs, “Mrs. Jung! Your daughter fainted!” 

♦♦♦♦

   They were in the hospital now and Hana wasn't awake yet. Kangta was worrying and he kept walking back and forth, not knowing what to do. After a few minutes, the doctor entered the room as Kangta quickly approached him, wondering what caused Hana to end up like this. “Doctor, is she alright? What happened to her? What caused her to faint?” Kangta was blurting out a bunch of questions and the doctor couldn't keep up. “Chilhyun, let the doctor talk.” Mrs. Jung spoke as Kangta nodded. 

  “I'm afraid Hana hasn't been feeling well these past days. Has she been telling anyone that?” The doctor first looked at Mrs. Jung as she effortlessly shook her head. The doctor then shifted his eyes towards Kangta as he said, “She hasn't been talking to me about not feeling well, really. Wait, is it because of depression why she fainted?” The doctor shook his head. “Then, what could be wrong with her..” 

  “Mrs. Jung, I'm afraid your daughter is pregnant.” After the doctor said that, I froze. Mrs. Jung froze and her face was priceless. She then shifted her infuriating gaze towards Kangta as he froze, again. “WHAT?!” She shouted so loud that the doctor had to cover his ears. “That was the result. Aren't you happy, Mrs. Jung?” The doctor looked at her smiling as Mrs. Jung threw a book right at the doctor's face while shouting, “DON'T EVER LET HER COME BACK TO MY HOUSE EVER AGAIN!” and left, slamming the door. 

  The doctor left after touching his face that has been thrown with a book. Kangta looked at Hana as she slowly opened her eyes. “Hana, you're awake.” Kangta said softly as he walked over to Hana and sat on the bed she was in. “What happened?” She asked cluelessly as Kangta replied, “You fainted.” 

  Hana then nodded, slowly remembering her puking moments this morning. “Hana, you're pregnant.” Kangta stated as Hana looked at him in disbelief. “I am?” She asked as Kangta nodded without hesitating. “Did mom find out?” Kangta nodded and said, “Yeah. She went all crazy and she shouted and stuff. She even threw a book right at the doctor's face and slammed the door.” Hana then sighed, “I see. But Chilhyun...How did this happen...” 

  “I think I remember.” Kangta started as Hana looked up at him. “Do you remember that time when we got really drunk on Heejun's birthday? As far as I can remember, we headed inside the bathroom together and I think we were too drunk to even understand what we were doing.” Kangta explained as Hana sighed. “Chilhyun, what am I gonna do...Mom is really mad at me.” Kangta Hana's hair and said, “We'll find a home to stay. We'll live together as a family with our baby.” 

   After about 7 months, Kangta and Hana were now living in a new apartment. Hana's stomach was very big as of now and they even went to an ultrasound, only to find out that the baby was a boy. Kangta and Hana headed home to Hana's house to grab more of her belongings and Mrs. Jung spotted them. She looked even more wicked than before. Kangta and Hana didn't even speak to Mrs. Jung at all and only grabbed their bags. 

  Right when they got back downstairs, Mrs. Jung started shouting and throwing items at Hana, “NEVER COME BACK HERE IDIOT! IDIOT! ! WORTHLESS CRAP! DON'T THINK OF ME AS YOUR MOTHER ANYMORE! FROM NOW ON WE'RE NO LONGER RELATED!” After those words, Hana took a deep breath and tears started streaming down her face. Kangta grabbed Mrs. Jung's wrist and said, “Mrs. Jung, you need to stop. We're leaving here. Stop.” Hana confronted and said between sniffles, “Let it go, Chilhyun. Lets go now.” 

   And after that, they went back home to their apartment. Hana felt abandoned. Mothers are supposed to be happy when their daughters are pregnant, right? Well, her mom was different. 



  (Back to Original/Hyejin's P.O.V.)

    What happened afterwards then? What happened to Chilhyun and also, your son?” I asked curiously as Hana smiled at me. “Well, as for Chilhyun, he had to leave to become a trainee which made me really happy but sad as well, because after he became an idol, we barely get to see each other.” After she said that, I sighed sadly. “What about your son?” I asked as she replied while smiling, “After Chilhyun became an idol, I was the one who took care of our son. But unfortunately, Chilhyun's parents had to take him away from me since they thought that I was too careless to take care of him myself. And now here I am.” She smiled full of sincerity as I took a deep breath. Her past was really sad, even more sadder than mine. I guess it's right when people say that when you're feeling really terrible, there's always somebody feeling worse. “Do you know what happened to your son?” I asked as she nodded, while smiling again. “Yes, I do indeed. He followed the footsteps of his father.” 

 I looked at her perplexed and asked, “What do you mean?” She took a deep breath and stated, “He's an idol as well.” My eyes widened and curiosity filled my insides. “Who?” She smiled at me again and now it was getting creepy really. “I'm very proud of him following the footsteps of his father. I'm glad that he doesn't know I'm his mother because otherwise, he'll probably be really disgusted or even deny it.” I softly grabbed her hand and looked at her on the eyes. “Hana, don't say that. He won't be disgusted or even deny it. You're a great person. And of course he'll accept you and love you, because you're his mother.” Hana smiled and I could see bits of tears streaming down on her face. “Thanks, Ms. Hyejin. But who knows what my in-laws told him about me?” After she said that, I nodded understandably. “I'm just happy that my son is very talented. He probably got all of those from his father.” 

  I looked at her curiously. “Who is he?” I asked, hoping I'd know him but from my luck, probably not since I don't listen to music. “He's the youngest out of a rookie group. Very talented young man. Can rap, can dance, can sing, can do anything. Like father, like son indeed.” I asked again, “Who, Hana, who?” She looked at me and quietly whispered, “The youngest member of Bangtan Boys, Jeon Jungkook.” 



 (Luhan's P.O.V.)

     “This taste so good, oh my god.” Sehun murmured as he chewed the spoonful of rice and a piece of pork belly. It was our extra food from Kyungsoo himself price for winning the game and also for Baekhyun calling us an idiot. “Can you believe Baekhyun wanting to eat with us after he criticized us for being brainless idiots?” Sehun asked, taking a sip of water from his unicorn designed cup. It was probably Lay's but I could tell from Sehun's expression that he didn't really care one bit. “No, I can't believe.” I shook my head as I placed a piece of pork belly inside my mouth. “Just imagine if we didn't answer Chanyeol and Chen. We wouldn't have gotten such good price.” Sehun stated as I nodded in agreement. 

     “Hey, Sehun.” I whispered as he shifted his eyes to look at me. “Yeah?” He asked, sipping a sip of water from Lay's the cup again. “Did you hear what Mr. Lee Soo Man said?” I said as he shook his head and looked at me curiously. “What did he say?” He asked, scooping an ice cream from a galaxy designed bowl which was probably Kris's. I swear, after this meal, Sehun's going to be squashed. “Well, he said two things. Do you want to hear the bad news or the good news first?” Sehun thought for it a bit and said, “The bood one.” I looked at him confused, “Bood?” He scooped another ice cream from Kris's the bowl, again. “Yeah, good mixed up with bad.” I shook my head and just sighed.

   “Well, he said that there's going to be a party this Saturday for his daughter..” I started as Sehun proceeded to open the bag of chips next to him, which was Chanyeol's. I swear to god, Sehun's going to be deflated and squashed in a few minutes. “Wait, her daughter...Taemi?” Sehun asked as he chewed another chip. “Sehun, it's his not her. I'm pretty sure Mr. Lee isn't gay.” Sehun chuckled as I rolled my eyes. “Anyways, yeah. And all SM Idols are apparently invited to the big ball.” After I said that, Sehun cracked into laughter. I looked at him like he was some crazy idiot, even though he obviously was already. “Sehun, stop laughing. I'm trying to tell you something important here.” Sehun continued laughing loudly and before I knew it, Kai complained, “Sehun, stop laughing! We're watching a big ball game.” After Sehun had heard that, he continuously laughed harder than ever as I walked up to him and threatened him, “You stop laughing or I'll tickle you.” He quickly sat back up and smiled. I could tell his insides were still oogling. 

  “Anyways, yeah we're invited to the party. But the bad news is...” I started to look serious as Sehun looked at me with a worried look. His smile was no longer visible, he looked at me with a very serious face. “What's wrong, Luhan?” He asked as I continued, “Mr. Lee Soo Man said that one of us in EXO aren't doing a very good job. And there's a possibility that he'll take that person out and probably replace him with some of his better trainees who can do a better job.” Sehun's eyes widened as he heard my statement. “Are you sure he's not joking?” He had asked as I shook my head. “He was serious, Sehun.” 

  After a few minutes of me and Sehun basically blabbering about pros and cons about ourselves. Why there's no possibility that one of us is the one that is not doing a good job in EXO, but we were also talking about the cons and surprisingly, we had a lot. We finished eating and Sehun headed back inside the living room. I stayed there and washed the dirty dishes. 

  The members entered the kitchen and right before I knew it...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Sehun, why did you use my unicorn designed cup?!” 

“Sehun, why did you use my freaking galaxy designed bowl?!”

“Sehun da frick! Why did you eat my whole bag of chips?!”



  AN; Hello everyone! So yeah, I decided to update today. I was busy working on the trailer this morning and now it's almost 3 am lol. Anyways, I thought I could add some kind of past in this story like how I talked about Hana's past and stuff. I had a problem with the male name though because I first started with Taecyeon instead of Kangta actually but I found out that Taecyeon is 25 currently and Kangta is the same age as my mother lol but yeah and if I continued with Taecyeon, it wouldn't work because I really wanted to make Jungkook their son so I chose Kangta which was perfect because when Jungkook was born, Kangta was 18. And if I used Taecyeon, he would be 9 when Jungkook was born lol, that'd be weird. Anyways, bye everyone! Sorry for such a crappy chapter! Please subscribe and vote and comment too! :))



 End Of Chapter 5