memory

In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having a brain that forgets everything at the end of the day has been a normal thing for me..I have no choice as when I go to sleep my memories starts to fade away and when I wake up I get to build new ones.. Alzheimer's disease is what they call it and it has been passed on through generations in the history of our family..I am living on my own now and an owner of a watch shop..watching time as it passes..I get to fix watches..but I can't fix mine..I always lose my own time at the end of the day and starts with a new one the next day not remembering even just a single thing the passed day..some may say I have a cold heart cause I restrain myself from being sensitive ..I close myself from others and avoiding to feel any emotions towards them..I know when I'm gone they'll just forget about my existence like how I forget about them the next day..and LOVE?..it's not for a man like me..for me someone just crosses your way for you to love but not to belong with..someone just passes by to be a memory..a memory that I can never have..a beautiful memory I can never call "mine"...I was ok with it and I embraced my own destiny..but just like how my fate have been cruel upon me time betrayed me the least I expected it to come..something strange happened to me..I don't know how long ago it was..I don't know what it is but though my brain can't recognize her, I feel somethin' in my heart everytime I get to lay my eyes on her..I don't know who she is..but I know I've met her somewhere else..not even her name..but that scent when she's close as if taking over me..I can't help it but it brings smile to my lips.. I know deep in my heart I knew her I.....I just can't remember but this heart beats fast when she's around..Is it because I came to love her on the past that my heart recognizes her now?..My name is Yiyun Liu..and this is my story.........

 

flashback........

One friday night I looked up the clock infront of me ..9 and it's getting late in the evening..I need to close my shop and get home..I the window beside me to watch the cars passing by..everybody has a family waiting for them to get home..me?..I live alone in this apartment I'm renting for years now few blocks away from my shop..my parents died in a car accident..since I've been diagnosed with AD I only relied on myself and did not talk to anyone since then except to those who come at my shop as costumers..I didn't care about anything nor anyone..I only cared for myself..my world only moves around from this shop during the day and to my apartment at night and that have been my only routine everyday..all I got are these clocks around me..reminding me how much time have left for me in this world that I have come to know..I closed my eyes and took a deep breath..I stood up and walked away from my desk..I walked to the nearby cabinet to get my keys and after making sure I've turned off all the lights, I went out of the shop to lock the door along with the railings..I'm getting a hard time in pulling it close as it got stuck in the middle..I'm about to go back inside the shop to look for a tool that I can use to close it when someone bumped into me and fell back at the ground..I turned to look at that someone and saw a girl..I wasn't able to offer a hand because of a breathtaking view that got me astounded..I couldn''t move and stood still afraid that when I move even just a single muscle she would disappear from my sight..that's the first time I felt afraid of loosing someone..with her long black hair falling freely down her shoulders..she looked perfectly amazing on that long white dress making her curves more visible..I have never been mezmerized by such a beauty..but I saw something on those hazel brown eyes as I looked closely at her..I saw she's trembling in fear and I felt her sadness..I got back from my thoughts when I heard some men shouting I looked at the direction where I think I heard the shoutings and I saw four men running ..busy looking around for something or someone...

"I think she went on that direction!" I heard the one of them shouting as he pointed at our direction..I looked down at the girl still on the ground but I was shocked when she suddenly jolted up causing me to step backwards..I watched her as she ran inside my shop and saw her hide under my desk..I saw the four approaching me..I remained calm..

"have you seen a girl in white about thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter