Thanks to my coauthor for writing this chap all by herself

You're the Devil Pulling Me Into The Sea

 

However, Taemin hadn’t seen the priest since. When he had finally gathered the courage to ask Minho what it was the priest was there for, Minho had told him that he was going to help them. How he was to help or why, Taemin didn’t know.

Since the day that Taemin had returned to Minho, the other never let him out of his sight. He was careful to always be around him and make sure that Taemin had everything he could possibly need and so much more. It made everything so much harder for him when he remembered what his mission was.

Now, two days later, Minho had walked into his room, personally holding in his hands a pretty tray that held Taemin’s supper. With a sad smile he had told Taemin that he would have to stop by work today to take care of a few errands. Taemin had nodded in understanding, although he didn’t like Minho to be away from him for too long. Even though he tried to never admit it to himself.

To his surprise, Minho had told him to get dressed after he had finished eating. It had taken him a few moments to realize that Minho wanted to take him to work with him. It made him nervous, because it was indeed the first time he would be seeing Minho’s work place.

A couple of hours later, Taemin sat anxiously in the back seat of a sleek black car. The only thing that was keeping him slightly calm was Minho’s hand gripping his own reassuringly. His entire being was on edge for reasons he couldn’t identify; he supposed that it had something to do with the priest and the entire situation that they were in.

Looking out of the tinted car windows, Taemin examined the outside world that whizzed by on the other side of the glass. He didn’t recognize this part of town that they were in, what he saw only made him a lot more uneasy. Most of the buildings seemed extremely old, clearly dating back countless decades. It was clearly a shabbier part of town, and all those on the streets, if there were any at all, scared Taemin.

He didn’t realize that his grip on Minho’s hand had tightened until he gave him a reassuring squeeze back, a soft smile gracing his lips. “Don’t worry Taemin. We won’t be long.”

He nodded and tried to smile back, looking back out the window. A large building graced his eyes. It was large and menacing looking, the ornate carvings and symbols on the stone of the building told Taemin that it could only be one thing. A Church. He felt his heart leap in his chest as he tore his gaze from the window, opting to stare at his lap instead. He took comfort in Minho’s closeness to himself.

A few minutes later and a few blocks passed, the car finally rolled to a stop. As the driver stepped out to open Minho’s door, Taemin got a glimpse of Minho’s workplace. This particular building, although still dated back in terms of architecture seemed more modern.

“I’ll have to step inside for a little bit. Would you like to stay in the car or wait outside?” Minho asked him kindly. Taemin’s eyes flittered to Minho’s as he thought his options over. He didn’t want to wait in the enclosed space of the car. He took Minho’s outstretched hand and let his Master pull him out of the car.

“Wait here alright? I’ll be back soon.” He reassured Taemin yet again. It didn’t seem like the other wanted to leave him alone.

Taemin nodded and smiled, wanting to reassure Minho that he would be alright on his own for a few moments. With that, the elder man walked away from him and towards the large front doors of the intimidating building.

Wanting to be as little of a hindrance as possible, he walked back a few steps, waiting quietly by the car, allowing his gaze to wander around him to the area around him. The sun was just beginning to set, the brilliant shades of red and orange dancing off the side of the surrounding buildings. His eyes were drawn to the shadows that they caused, and it was then that he saw it. A hooded figure, clad in what seemed to be a dark cloak, walking steadily away from him down the same sidewalk he currently stood on.

Taemin didn’t know what caused it, but he felt a diligent tug inside of himself that only seemed to grow stronger as the figure began to move further away. He couldn’t tear his eyes away, feeling his eyes glued inexplicably to the figure. Very soon, he felt his feet move of their own accord, following the person that had now turned a corner a few yards ahead of him. He didn’t know why he was moving, all he could identify was the sense inside of him that told him to follow.

Taemin’s heart beat steadily in his chest as he neared the place he had last seen the figure. An almost cold foreboding radiated from beyond the wall, the implacable yet familiar feeling of curiosity overpowering the fear inside of him. He thought to call out to ask for the figure, but couldn’t seem to find his voice. By the time his mind could register what was happening, he had turned the corner and was standing in the mouth of a dark alleyway.

The stench that met his nostrils and the sight that met his eyes would forever be etched into his brain. The hooded figure was there. Except it wasn’t alone.

Taemin’s hands flew up to his mouth in utter horror at the sight. A strangled cry died out in his lips as he watched. The hooded figure had its lips attached to the neck of a young woman. He would have thought that it was giving her a love bite if it wasn’t for the blood…and the fangs. He took a step back as the thing finished drinking from the already lifeless body.

His eyes followed the woman, now drained of all her blood, fall to the floor in a crumpled and lifeless heap. Tearing his eyes away from the body, Taemin looked up. It took his mind a few moments to identify the familiar figure.

It was the priest.

His face, tainted with the blood red of fresh blood and the expression that it held, was enough to snap him out of his momentary shock.

Without another moment of hesitation, he spun around and sprinted back towards where he would find Minho. He didnt stop to check behind him to see if the priest was following him, all he could think was that he had to get away from it. He watched as the door of the building opened and Minho walked out of it. He didn’t stop until he was in his arms, shivering but safe. Taemin gasped for breath, his eyes wide.

Minho was trying to calm him down. His hands were on Taemin’s body and his worried voice was trying to calm him down.

“Taemin! What’s wrong! Calm down, tell me what happened!”

He pulled back, eyes still wide, his mouth opening to speak. He needed to tell Minho that the priest couldn’t be trusted…that he was a vampire.

However, before he could even get a single word out, another voice rang out from behind him. “Minho…it’s a pleasure to see you again so soon.” The tone of the speaker made his body grow cold, causing him to shiver.

He turned around to see the Priest named Siwon, face clean and completely indifferent to Taemin, as if he hadn’t just witnessed him drain a human of all its blood.

He felt cold eyes bore into his own, a kind smiling adorning the lips of the Priest as he smiled. Taemin could almost see the blood still on them.