relatively short chapter

You're the Devil Pulling Me Into The Sea

'What is the mob?' Taemin wondered. He'd never heard of such a thing, and so Minho took it upon himself to explain.

The two were sitting in the kitchen at that point, having a meal. Minho sipped his tea, not really eating, while Taemin scooped spoonful after spoonful of the stew that the cooks had made into his mouth.

“So, you see the mob is just an organized crime ring.” He summed up everything he'd explained in the last thirty minutes with the one sentence.

Taemin stopped eating long enough to look up and put his hand on Minho's.

'And you're the boss's son?' he asked, clarifying the situation.

Minho nodded. “My appa has been running things for a really long time. I'll take over when he dies.”

Taemin nodded and ate some more. There was silence between them for a while as Taemin thought, but in the end he looked up again and asked the most important question of them all.

'Why did that girl get taken?'

Minho sighed and looked down. He pulled his hand out of Taemin's and stood up, walking away from the table to look out one of the windows.

“She was my girlfriend...my fiance.” He explained. “Also, she was Jonghyun's sister. I thought that she had left me, but Jonghyun and I just recently found out that she'd been kidnapped and...and murdered..”

Minho stopped speaking for a moment as sadness overwhelmed him. Taemin could tell that Minho still had strong feelings for the woman and it almost upset him, making him slightly jealous. Was he just rebound for the man? Just bought simply so that he could fill the space of Minho's dead ex.

Minho continued speaking again after a while, breaking Taemin from the upsetting train of thought that he was under. He looked up and listened to Minho finish talking.

“I think I know who it was. Their family has been at war so to speak with my family ever since my Appa took over the industry.” Minho turned to look at Taemin and sighed, coming to sit down next to him. “I knew that they were dispicable, but I never thought that they would stoop so low as to kill a woman just to get to me.”

Taemin looked down at his hands, a slight from covering his face. Minho wondered what he was thinking, but never asked. Instead he brushed some hair from Taemin's face and gave him a small smile. “That's why I've been keeping you close to me.” He told the boy. “I Already lost one person that I loved...I don't want to lost anymore.”

Taemin turned wide eyes up to Minho at the statement, his shocked expression almost enough to send Minho into chuckles. There was no other description for Taemin than just absolutely adorable. Taemin pouted when he saw that Minho was about to explode in laughter and touched him.

'What's so funny, Master?' he asked.

Minho shook his head, chuckling slightly. He leaned over and pressed a kiss to Taemin's forehead. “You are just so adorable.”

Taemin frowned and shimmied away from Minho aside from the hand touching him. 'I'm not supposed to be cute. I'm supposed to be y. A y slave.' He nodded his head in confirmation of what he said, but Minho sighed as if he weren't pleased about what Taemin had said.

“Taemin..” He asked. “Do I really treat you like a slave?”

Taemin thought about it. In truth, Minho rarely treated him like a slave. He kept Taemin in the same bed with him, fed him and gave him pretty much anything that he wanted and let him do nearly everything that he wanted to do. They never really did much of the things that Taemin was taught to do as a slave, instead they had actual where...at least on Taemin's part...emotions were beginning to become involved.

Taemin shook his head after a while of thinking, a sort of dazed expression on his face as he looked up at met Minho's eyes. The question there was obvious and Taemin didn't even have to ask it.

“It's because my feelings are more for you than a master for his slave.” Minho answered, gazing into Taemin's eyes with sincerity. “You aren't my slave, you're my boyfriend...if you want to be.”

Taemin's entire body froze in shock. This was something that he had never expected. This was something that he didn't know how to handle. Since coming to this world, everything that he'd learned and been taught had never given him the knowledge about how to respond in this situation.

His hesitance was starting to worry Minho, the elder man unsure if he'd made a mistake in telling the younger that or not. He began to chew his lip, the ever present sign that he was nervous, his large eyes fixed on Taemin and waiting for an answer.

Taemin's hand slipped into Minho's, shaking as it did so. Minho wasn't sure if that was a bad or a good thing. 'I...I...M..'

Taemin's words were interrupted by the door slamming open and two men stumbling into the kitchen. Minho pulled his hand from Taemin's the moment that he first saw the gunshot wound that one of the boys had and ran towards him.

He looked back at Taemin with a sorry expression, stating that they would have to talk about it later. Taemin understood, stepping out of the way so that Minho and the other man could help the wounded guy into the chair Taemin had just gotten out of.

“Kyuhyun, what happened?” Minho turned to the uninjured stranger and asked him.