Chapter 6

Marriage Contract

"You and JinYoung know each other?" Mark asked you.

"Yes," you nodded.

"Were you close?"

"Yes,"

"Very close?"

"Yes,"

"Friends?"

"Yes,"

"Dating?"

"Yes,"

"What?" he said loudly, staring at you.

"What? It's not like we're still dating," you shrugged.

"Maybe he wants to,"

"What?"

"Maybe he wants to date you again,"

"Why are you so sure? Did you ask him or something?"

"Park JinYoung was one of my best friends. I know how he looks when he's in love. He looked like that when he was talking to you,"

"Why do you care, anyway? It's my past, not yours,"

 

He was silent...

 

"Don't worry, Mark," you told him. "I'm not in love with him anymore,"

"But he loves you,"

"I don't care,"

"But-"

"Do you want me to fall for him, Mark?"

"No,"

"Then don't tell me he loves me. I know that already,"

 

 

                                               ***

 

 

"Honestly, JiRong-ie, I missed you," you said softly, using your nickname for him.

"I missed you, too," he said, giving you a faint smile. "I see you're going out with Mark hyung,"

"Yes..." you nodded.

"Does he treat you well?" he asked.

"Yes," you nodded again. "But you always.... You always treated me the best,"

"Thank you," he smiled slightly. "But you love him more, don't you? You love him more than me?"

 

You were quiet...

 

Did you??

 

Did you love Mark more than him?

 

JinYoung was your first love...

 

But Mark was... How do you say this?

 

He was more special to you...

 

You hesitated.

 

"Yes," you said quietly.

"How long have you been dating?" he asked.

"A while... A year or so, I think..."

"You two must have something special for you two to stay together for a year,"

"We did-"

"We did have something special, I know, but we eventually fell apart, didn't we?"

"I'm sorry,"

 

Your apology part came out as a whisper.

 

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong," he said gently.

"But I let go," you said quietly, biting your lip. "I didn't stop you from leaving. Shouldn't you be mad at me? Shouldn't you hate me?"

"Give me an exact reason on why I should be mad, on why I should hate you," he said. "Past is past. Do you think I care about what happened? About how we fell apart? They're just memories. We can always make new ones,"

 

Past is past...

 

That was true... You shouldn't care about the past, but you couldn't help but feel sorry towards him...

 

He had loved you with all his heart, and you didn't do anything to save your relationship from breaking...

 

He should be mad. He should hate you.

 

Why was he being so nice?

 

"Remember," JinYoung spoke softly. "Even if your relationship with Mark hyung doesn't work out, I'll still be here for you. I can comfort you when you need it. I can lend you a shoulder to cry on. I can make up for all the things I did wrong then. I want to start over. I don't mean that I want you and Mark hyung to break up, but I really do. I really want to start over. It doesn't have to be as a couple. Even if we're just friends, I'm fine with it. As long as I can make it up to you, I'm fine with it,"

 

This made you feel so bad...

 

Why can't he just hate you?

 

 


___________________________________________________________


Hi~ How was this chapter?? And I finally updated!! ^^ Comments??