Chapter 7

Marriage Contract

"What- Oh my god. What happened to you?" BamBam stared at you, who had tears rolling down your cheeks.

 

You didn't answer and just looked up at him. He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around you. You let your tears fall as you buried your head in his chest.

 

"Did you and hyung fight again?" he asked. You shook your head. "What happened?"

 

You didn't answer.

 

"Tell me," he said softly.

 

Nothing

 

"Is this about JinYoung-ssi?" he asked gently. You nodded. "Why? What happened?"

"He's so nice. Why can't he just hate me? Why can't he be mad?" you mumbled. "He's so nice, it makes me feel bad! He didn't do anything wrong, and he's acting like he is! He should hate me! I didn't do anything to save our relationship!"

"Maybe he just loves you that much," BamBam told you.

"But I let go! I didn't do anything!" you said, tears still streaming down your face.

"How long has it been since you two broke up?" he asked.

"Five years," you answered.

"It's been five years already. If he wanted to forget about you, he would have. He had a lot of time. If he doesn't love you, then would he be nice to you? Would he say that it wasn't your fault, even if it was?" he spoke gently.

 

You bit your lip.

 

"I don't deserve someone like him," you said quietly.

"Maybe you don't, but you're the one he loves. Can you change it?" he said. You shook your head. "You can't. You know that. You can't choose who you want to love. If you're in love, you're in love. If he loves you, then you can't force him not to just because you don't deserve someone like him,"

"Can't he just hate me for what I did? It would make me feel less guilty," you sighed.

"I don't think he can..."

 

You sighed.

 

"Don't worry about it," he told you. "Everything'll turn out fine. Trust me,"

 

 

                                              ***

 

 

"Mark," you called his name.

"What?" he looked at you.

"Let's not talk to each other for a while," you said quietly.

"Why?" he asked.

"I..."

"Is it because of JinYoung?"

"Yes..." you nodded slowly.

"You broke up already," he said. "Aren't you over him?"

"I'm over him, but... I feel really bad,"

"Tell me..." he sighed. "Tell me everything,"

 

You told him almost everything that you told BamBam... Of course, BamBam should know everything. He was your best friend.

 

"What do you want me to do?" he asked when you finished.

"Nothing," you shook your head before walking away.

 

You walked down the street, looking down at your feet.

 

That is, until you heard your name.

 

You looked around, surprised, to see JinYoung smiling at you. Standing about twenty feet.

 

"Annyeong~" you said, forcing a smile. He ran up to you, beaming, but his smile faded when he saw your expression.

"What's wrong?" he asked, concern obvious in his voice.

"Nothing," you shook your head.

"Did something happen?"

"No,"

"Tell me what's wrong,"

"Nothing's wrong, JinYoung. Really," you looked straight at him.

"Are you sure?" he asked. You nodded.

 

You looked down again...

 

What would his reaction be if he found out you were engaged?

 

It wouldn't hurt to try, would it?

 

"JiRong-ie," you said quietly.

"Yes?" he asked.

"What would you say if I was engaged?"

"Engaged? To Mark hyung?"

"No. Not to Mark,"

"Then..."

"To BamBam,"

"But isn't he... Isn't he your best friend?"

"Yes, he's my best friend,"

"What's going to happen, then? With you and Mark hyung?"

"I don't know..." you sighed.

"Does he know?" he asked.

"He knows," you nodded.

"What did he say?"

"Nothing. He didn't really say anything about it, but he said he was willing to help,"

"Help with what?"

"He's helping me not get married to BamBam,"

"Is that even possible?"

"We don't really know, but it doesn't hurt to try, does it?"

"I guess not..." he said slowly. "But why are you telling me this?"

"Can you help me? Can you help not get married to BamBam?"

"But how-"

"You don't really have to do anything. Since my parents know you, and they like you, if we say we're dating, maybe they'll break it off,"

 

He was quiet...

 

"And if they don't?"

"Then I can't do anything about it..."

"Who would you rather marry? Me or BamBam?"

"Honestly, I'd rather marry my ex boyfriend instead of my best friend. You and BamBam are so sweet. And you guys are also caring, gentle and nice. That's what I like about you two, but he's my best friend. It'll be awkward if I get married to him,"

 

 

___________________________________________________________


Hi~ How was this? I updated again!! ~ Comments??