Chapter 5

Death Inside

After the short, but awkward chat at the cafe, Minseok led the deer boy to his home.
It was a pretty simple house... slightly too big for just a single occupant, though.
It had this force that seemed to draw people in, making them quite eager to venture through the property.

It felt "home-ly."
Although it was pretty desolate, with just one person living in it, it felt as if a full family lived there.

That's because there once used to be.
A perfect, full, happy family of a father, a mother, a brother, and a sister.
That was Minseok's family long ago.
Way too long ago... he can't even remember how long.


Luhan noticed at how Minseok stared longingly at his house before getting out his keys to open the front door.


"Minseok... this house... is it lonely being alone?" He asked.

"... Alone?" Minseok thought to himself. "I'm used to it..."

"But is it lonely?"

Minseok took a deep breath.
"Well... not having anyone to talk to, not having anyone to take care of you... not having someone to make you want to live... Yeah. It's lonely." Minseok replied.

"But, I'm your friend now... right... hyung?" He asked.


Minseok smiled.
His expression ever so sweet & pleasant it could brighten up any gloomy grouch.

Suddenly it came back in his head.

They. All. Leave. In. The. End.

His smile slowly faded away.


"What's the point.." Minseok sighed.

"What do you mean? We--"

"They leave." He interrupted.

".... who... leaves?" Luhan asked in a rather confused tone.

"People. They say they'll be your friend forever and that they'd always be there for you but...but it's just words. They just use you. They use you as their advantage and use you all up until you're weak and useless. Then they leave." He replied.

"I...I won't leave you." Luhan said.

"They all say that and in the end--"

"Look at me. Look at me. In. My. Eyes." He interrupted.


Minseok looked up hesitantly and stared into Luhan's sparkling eyes. They mesmerized him and completely made him lost in thoughts & words.


"I won't leave you. Never in my life. I swear with all my heart. I wont." Luhan repeated with a sincere expression.


You could feel he used all his heart and mind to say it as genuinely as possible.


"But--"

"No. No. I'm staying. By your side. Forever. And I'm not leaving. Ever." Luhan said with a smile.

"And if you ever do...?" Minseok asked.

Luhan grinned.
"I'd probably be running back to you on my knees begging for forgiveness."


Minseok was amazed at how Luhan could draw people in so quickly.
The way he answered  deceitful questions so charmingly, the way he could seduce people with his bright eyes, how such a cheerful and uplifting person he was... it amazed Minseok.



A/N: Aaayyy. Double update for this week! I usually only update once a week but I decided that I should update twice because it's summer here so why not. This was just a really short chapter though, I'm sorreeyy. I'll probably update again in a few days. I hope you guys like it :))) comments are really really appreciated. Upvotes too <3  thank youuu & I hope you guys have a wonderful day but ily :)