Chapter 3

Death Inside

Minseok shut the door of Luhan's house.

He paused for a moment.

"Am I supposed to say thank you or be angry?" He asked himself.

He shook it away and walked off.

"Luhan...Luhan...Luhan..."


He buzzed around Minseok's mind the whole trip back from Luhan's house to his own.


"Who is this 'Luhan' guy..?" He tilted his head.


He got up from his couch and stretched.
Suddenly, he froze.

"Ahh. The appointment. I forgot.." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh forget it. Im not going there." He said to himself, rolling his eyes.


Whenever he went there, it was always the same old, repetative news.

"Your condition got worse." 

Those were the same, tedious, 4 words he would get everytime.


"When was the last time I heard good news, anyways."


Minseok never understood it.
Why was he still here?
If he was destined to die, why was he born?
Was he supposed to endure all the dreadful pain and still die in the end?


"Aghh." He sighed deeply grabbing a small white pillow and covering his face with it.


He was sick.
He was required to stay at a hospital if he wanted to survive.
But he didn't have the funds.

He was alone.
He was in pain.

How could he work?
Who would pay for the treatment?
There wasn't anyone...


"AAHH!" He suddenly exclaimed as he felt a sharp shooting pain claw at his chest. 
He slowly brought up his arm and rubbed his chest with his palm to soothe the pain.

He took a deep breath and limped over to his medicine cabinet furiously searching for his medicine that he forgot to take in the morning, being so distracted by his plan of suicide.

When he found it, he quickly twisted the cover open and swallowed the proper dosage.

How much longer did he have to stand this pain?
Couldn't he just die already?

-

3 days had passed since the day Minseok met Luhan.

Was there something special about that boy or something?
He wouldn't disappear from his memories.
He had continuously been dreaming of him the past 3 nights.

The way he smiled.
The way his eyes brightened up.
The way he spoke.

It mesmerized him.

"Aish. What am I thinking." He said, hitting himself softly on the head.

He ruffled his hair and combed it back to place with his fingers thinking about what he was supposed to do with his life.

He took a look around his room.
It was pretty basic, but had this welcoming feeling.
He turned his head to the side and noticed the little white paper Luhan had given him with his number on it, ontop of a little glass table next to a lamp.

He stared at it undecisively. Wondering what he should do with it.
Should he throw it away?
He probably forgot about him anyways.

"Well... it wouldn't hurt to just try to call him. It would be pretty rude of me to just ignore him like this." He finally decided, picking up the small paper and dialing the numbers.

Ring.
Ring.
Ring.

"Hello?" A man answered.

"H-Hello..?Luhan?" Minseok replied nervously. His throat started to itch with unavoidable anxiety.

"Who is thi-? Wait, Minseok?" Luhan had right away guessed.

"What? H-How did you know?"

Luhan laughed softly."Well...I was kinda expecting you."

 

Minseok felt a warm feeling inside his body. Someone had expected him. He was happy that he wasn't forgotten.

 

"Y-You... Didn't forget about...me?" He asked shyly.

"Why would I! I remember you clear and firm." Luhan exclaimed."I was expecting an earlier call. But I'm just glad I got one."

"But... why?"

"Huh?" Luhan said in confusement.

"Why... You don't even know me yet- why are you so friendly and nice to me?" Minseok explained.

"Well. Why not? I mean...-"

"No, no, it's not a bad thing but... it's been a while since someone's actually not just forgotten about me." Minseok interrupted.

"What do you mean?"

"No it's...it's hard to explain. I... I guess I have to go now. I just thought it would be rude of me to just ignore you..."

"We barely got to talk, though...I'll text you later on. Keep that in your mind Minseok!"

"Idiot... You're sounding like a serial killer."

Luhan scoffed."You're the idiot here. What? Serial killer? I'm too manly for that."

Minseok chuckled. "Okay. I guess I'll talk to you later."

"Bye!" Luhan said cheekily.


A/N: hello guys (: I'm not sure if this story is good or not... but here's an update. I hope it's alright..it would be awesome to get your guys' feedback & comments. It's the only way I can learn xD Whell, thank you so much for reading! I hope you like it so far and continue to read although I am lacking. Thank you <3 ~