Gorilla

Baby Daddy

Chapter 5

Lena POV

 

            It was awkward at first.  I had poured us both a glass of wine, then we sat on the couch side by side while we silently sipped our drinks.

            “So…” Kai finally spoke.  “I don’t really know how to get to re-know somebody…”

            I smiled, “Tell me what you’ve been doing for five years.”

            “Other than school and performing, not much.”

            “You didn’t date anybody?” I asked mostly out of curiosity.

            He shrugged, “not really…there were a few.  What about you?”

            I shook my head, “nobody.”

            “What!?  You haven’t been with anybody at all?”

            “No…I’ve been a little busy…”

            “Yeah of course,” he moved to change his seating position, “but not even a date?”

            “Nope, nothing.”

            “So you haven’t had since the last time we-”

            “Yup.”

            “Damn Lena…who knew you could be so uptight?”

            “I’m not uptight!  After Minah was born, I was busy taking care of her and going to school, and after I graduated I worked and I still take care of Minah every day.  I hardly have time to myself anymore, and the time that I do, I spend with my friends, or cleaning or doing more work.”

            “Seriously though, not even a hook up with Sehun or Chanyeol or even Luhan?”

            “Not even hook up…not that I’m a one night stand kind of girl anyways…” I answered slightly offended.

            “I know you’re not, but still…”

            “I guess I’m a prude.”

            “That doesn’t make you a prude,” he said, “It makes you a good, responsible mom.”

            I smiled, “thanks…I wish you would’ve been there…even for just a little while…”

            He sighed.  “Lena, I don’t even know how to express how sorry I am that I left.  But I hope I can make it up to you by being here for you and Minah now.”

            “You’re definitely welcome to.  But I need to tell you straight out, if there’s anything that I see or hear that could make me think that you’re not going to be responsible or that you’re just going to flake out…you’re done.”

            “A-alright…” he blinked in confusion, “I guess you don’t really forgive me for leaving like I thought…I didn’t think you would so easily…”

            “Kai, I forgive you for leaving and I’m not angry about it anymore, I’ve spent way too much time being upset.  Now I’m just looking out for what’s best for myself and my daughter.”

            “You mean our daughter?”

            “No, you have to earn your way into being her father, right now, I hate to say this, but you’re nothing but a gene donor.”

            “Lena…” he averted my gaze.

            “I’m sorry, but it’s true…”

            “I know.  But I’m really going to try Lena, I won’t let you or Minah down, I promise.”

            “Good, I’m glad.  And I know Minah will be too.”

            “Will you tell me about her?  I don’t even know her birthday…”

            “Sure,” I smiled, then reached under the coffee table and pulled out a stack of photo albums.  “Let’s start from the beginning.”  I opened the first album up about half way into it, right after Minah was born.  “She was born on March sixteenth by the way.”

            “So this is right after you delivered her?”

            I nodded, “yup.  I look like , but who doesn’t after they just pushed a baby out of them for seventeen hours?”

            “Whoo…that’s how long you were in labor?”

            “Yeah, there were a few complications and she started to get really stressed and they almost had to do an emergency C-section.”  I watched as Kai turned each page so slowly, so carefully, like he was afraid he’d miss something if he went too fast.

            “What’s this one?” he asked.

            “That’s the day we took her home.”  I pointed to the pictures, “There’s Jaedah holding her and there’s Chanyeol and that ones Sehun.”

            “Everybody looks so happy…”

            “It was a really good day.  Until she started crying and didn’t stop until six the next morning…”

            He laughed, “You at least had help, right?”

            I nodded, “Yeah, my parents were really supportive and Chanyeol helped out a lot.  He watched her whenever I had a paper due the next day, or just class in general.  I’m really thankful for that.”

            “Of course he helped out…he always had a little crush on you.”

            “Why does everybody keep saying that!?”

            “Uh, ‘cause it’s true.  He was so pissed at me when you and I started dating.  He didn’t talk to me for months.”

            “Sehun says Chanyeol’s in love with me now…”

            “Of course he is.  No guy would help take care of another guy’s kid if he didn’t have a thing for their mom.”

            “He’s not in love with me…”

            “You’re in denial because you haven’t seen love since high school…”

            I didn’t reply to that.  I continued to watch him flip through the book until he got to the end.  “Do you want to see another one?”

            “Yeah, not tonight though.  Can I see her room?  I want to know what she likes.”

            “Yeah, sure.”  We stood from the couch and I led him up the stairs to Minah’s room.

            “Not what I expected,” he said looking into the bedroom.

            “What did you expect?” I asked looking up at him.

            “Well, knowing you, I would have expected you to decorate it all princess-y.  But I guess she likes animals.”

            I laughed, “Yeah, she loves monkeys.  Just like you use to.”

            “Remember that stuffed gorilla I had?  Even in high school I couldn’t sleep without it.”

            “Oh, I know.  It freaked me out whenever we were…you know…”

            He let out a throaty laugh.  “I wonder what my mom did with it after I left.”

            I moved to Minah’s bed and lifted the covers, “it’s right here,” I pulled out the stuffed gorilla and set it on top of the pillows.  “Your mom gave it to her the day she was born.  She figured you wouldn’t be needing it anymore and thought that she’d want something of her fathers.”

            “Does she know that it’s mine?”

            “Oh yeah.  She loves it.  Never goes to bed without it.”

            “Lena…”

            “Hm?” I said turning to face him.  I felt his hand grab hold of my waist then he pulled me closer to him.  We stared at each other for what seemed like forever until our lips met in a deep kiss.

A/N: Haven't edited yet...its 2:30 am here and i need to sleep.  Comment!