Preparations

Baby Daddy

Chapter 4

Lena POV

 

            Once I was home and Chanyeol was gone, I immediately started to prepare myself for Kai’s visit.  I picked up all of Minah’s toys that were scattered across the house, redid my make-up and took my hair out of its pony tail and brushed out the knots.  I even stood in front of my closet for a good ten minutes trying to figure out what to wear.

            “So stupid…” I said to myself while I shook my head and closed my closet door.  It wasn’t like this was a date…I was just getting together with the father of my child.  I rolled my eyes.  “Nothing wrong with a little dressing to impress.”  I finally decided on an outfit that said I was definitely trying to impress, but not too hard.  Then, being the girl that I am, I changed my mind about my hair and put it up in a sock bun and letting loose a few stray curls to frame my face.  I was ready.

            I was growing impatient waiting for Kai, even though I still had plenty of time before he was supposed to get here.  So to waste time, I called my best friend.

            “Hey Lena, what’s up?”

            “Hey Jaedah, do you have a minute?”

            “Yeah, are you okay?  You sound kind of nervous.”

            “Yeah,” I sighed, “I don’t know if you heard, but Kai’s back.”

            “WHAT!?  ARE YOU SERIOUS!?  When did that happen?”

            “I ran into him yesterday at Chanyeol’s dads shop.  Sounds like he’s here to stay.”

            “What are you gonna do?”

            “Well,” I explained, “he feels really bad about leaving and he’s practically begging to be a part of Minah’s life again, and I told him that I’d love for him to be, but I need time to get to know him again and Minah needs to know everything she needs to decide if she wants her father.”

            “Damn…sounds like a lot of baby daddy drama.”

            “Yeah, tell me about it.  He’s coming over soon and I’m kind of freaking out inside.”

            “Well don’t get to freaky!  We don’t need another oops to happen!”

            “Oh my God, Jaedah, Kai and I are not gonna have !”

            “You better not!  I’m still pissed off at him for hurting you.  He doesn’t deserve the luxury of getting into your pants.”

            I laughed, “I’m not going to have with him because I hardly know him anymore and because I have no intension of starting something up with him again…at least not now.”

            “What do you mean ‘not now’?”

            “Well, who’s to say that once Kai and I become friends again, and Minah recognizes him 100% as her father that he and I won’t get together again.  We were in love once, and there isn’t really anything that would stop me from wanting my first love be my only love.”

            “Are you on crack?  That douche bag left you literally the day after you found out you were having a girl and he disappeared for five years.  FIVE YEARS he was gone and nobody knew where the hell he was!”

            “He was in New York…”

            “Oh my God Lena…do you remember how hurt you were?  You cried everyday leading up to Minah’s birth, and after that, you were mad at the world and decided that you’d never fall in love again.  Do you remember any of this!?”

            “I remember…” I sighed, “But I spent three years being mad at him, and honestly I’m tired of being upset, so I’m just not anymore.  I got over it.  Of course I don’t trust him right now, and I probably won’t for a long time, but I’m done being angry over something that happened five years ago.”

            “I get where you’re coming from Lena, I really do, but I just don’t want you to get hurt again…”

            “I won’t get hurt again.  I’m an adult and I had to grow up way faster than most people my age, so I can take care of myself and I know how to set boundaries so something like that doesn’t happen again.”

            “And this time it’s not just you you have to worry about, it’s Minah too.”  She added on.

            “Exactly,” I replied, “and if Kai shows any signs of not being committed to raising a child, I’m cutting him off.”

            “Wow…heartless, I like it!”

            “I’m not trying to be heartless, I’m doing what’s best for me and my daughter.”  The doorbell rang, “Jaedah, he’s here.  I gotta go.”

            “Okay, well good luck my dear.  Let him know I hate his guts, okay?”

            “Not gonna happen.  I’ll talk to you later.”  I hung up the phone and took a deep breath before going to the front door to let in my ex.

            “Hey Lena,” he said when I pulled open the door, “You look beautiful as always.”

            “Thanks,” I smiled, “Come on in.”

A/N: Sorry its kinda short.  Comment please!