What To Do

Baby Daddy

Chapter 2

 

            After arriving home from picking up Minah at preschool, I started on dinner right away.  I called her in from the living room and I placed a plate of food in from of Minah.  “How was your day today sweetheart?”

            “Good,” she smiled, “we played a number game at school today that was really fun.  And we learned that if you drop a feather and a rock at the same time from the same height, they hit the ground at the same time.  Nobody believed our teacher, but them she dropped them at the same time, and they hit the ground at the same time!  It was so cool!”

            I laughed at the repetition of words coming from the four year old mouth.  “It sounds cool!”

            “What did you do today mommy?” she asked.

            “Well, I went to work and then afterwards I got coffee at Chanyeol’s dads shop and while I was there I ran into an old friend.”

            “Who?” she asked curiously.

            “You’re father.”

            She stopped eating and stared at me.  “Daddy’s here?”

            I nodded.  “Now before you say anything Minah, I talked to him and he really wants to meet you and be part of your life.  He feels really bad for leaving, but I told him it wasn’t up to me whether or not he gets to be a part of your life.  What do you want?”

            She shrugged.  “I don’t know…what if he doesn’t like me?”

            “Oh sweetie, that could never happen.  Even though he’s never met you, he loves you very much.”

            “I want to meet him.”

            “Good, I’m glad.  You’re father really is good Minah.  But when I was pregnant with you, he got scared.  Sometimes that happens.”

            “I know…you told me that before.”

            We ate the rest of our meal in silence.  And after I had put the dishes into the dishwasher, it was already getting late and it was time to get Minah ready for bed.  I gave her a quick bath and I tucked her in once she had dressed herself in her pajamas and brushed her teeth.

            “Mommy,” she started.

            “Yes baby?”

            “Will you show me pictures of you and daddy again?  I want to know what he looks like.”

            I nodded.  “Tomorrow morning I’ll bring out the photo albums, okay?”

            “Does he still look the same?”

            I laughed, “Yes, he does.  His hair is just brown now instead of black.”

            “I love you mommy,” she hugged me and I kissed her goodnight.

            The moment I left Minah’s room I heard a knock at the door.  “Hey Sehun,” I said when I answered.

            “Hey Lena.”  He stepped inside and handed me a bottle of wine.  “I heard from Chanyeol that Kai’s back.  I thought you might need a little alcohol.”

            “You’re the best,” We went into the kitchen and I pulled out two wine glasses then filled them both.

            “I know I am.  Is Minah asleep?”

            “I just put her down.”

            “So what are you going to do about Kai?  Obviously you can’t just forgive him right away…and you also have to put Minah ahead of yourself.”

            “I already talked to Minah about it…she wants to meet him, but she’s afraid he’s not going to like her.  Which is impossible.  I’m mostly worried that once Minah forms a real bond with him that he’s just going to leave again…I know the Kai I fell in love with would never do that, but people change in five years and I really don’t know him anymore.”

            He nodded.  “You have every right to want to be cautious…personally, I think you should get to know him again first, before getting Minah involved.”

            I sighed.  “I just wish he wouldn’t have left in the first place…everything would be so different…”

            “Everything happens for a reason Lena.  Who knows, maybe if he had stayed, you wouldn’t be anywhere near where you are now.  Kai probably wouldn’t have wanted you to even go to college…knowing how he was back then…”

            “That was always my least favorite thing about him.  He treated girls with respect, but he was set on the man doing everything.”  Sehun and I moved out operation into the living room and took a seat next to each other on the couch.  Each of us turned our bodies so we’d be face to face and then stretched out so our legs were side my side.  “If Kai and I got to know each other again, what’s gonna happen if we start dating again?  Honestly, I don’t really want to be with him again…but what is there to stop us?  Minah is our daughter and we were very much in love with each other at one point.”

            “Like I said, people can change quite a bit in five years.  And you’re obviously not the same person you were in high school and I doubt Kai’s anywhere near the same.  He’s been dancing in New York and you’ve been in Korean raising a baby.  You’ve matured into a mother and he’s been a college student…”

            “I’m not holding my expectations bar too high with him, everything considered.  But I need to give him the benefit of the doubt.”

            “Probably a good idea.  Do you have to work tomorrow?”

            “No, I have off.  After I drop Minah off at school I’m getting together with Chanyeol.”

            “What’s going on between you two?” he raised his eyebrow.

            “Nothing.  We’re just friends.”

            “Uh huh…sure, you might be, but he’s not.”

            “What are you talking about Sehun?”

            “Lena, he’s been in love with you since we were fifteen…”

            “What?  No he hasn’t…your being ridiculous Sehun.”

            “Ask him.  I’m sure he’s been dying to confess his love for you.”

            I rolled my eyes.  “Whatever.  He’s not in love with me.”

            “He is.  That’s why he hasn’t had a girlfriend since high school.  He’s waiting for you!”

            “Did he tell you that?”

            “No, I just know.” He answered.

            “’Cause a guy’s perception on romance is always so accurate.” I said sarcastically.

            “When you’ve been friends as long as we have, it is.  Like when Kai started liking you, we all knew without him having to tell us.  And when Baekhyun liked Taeyeon, we all made bets on how fast they’d get together!  Kai won, with two years…”

            I laughed.  “I also recall you all made bets on how long they’d stay together and you were all wrong.”

            “Yeah, the highest bet was ten months, but they’re still together.  We also made bets on how long you and Kai would be together and Chanyeol refused to be a part of it!”

            “He’ not in love with me.  Was Kai part of this bet?”

            “Sort of.  I guessed three years, which I was right about, then Kai called us all stupid and said you’d be together forever.”

            “Funny how it’s his fault he was wrong.”

            Sehun nodded.  “Yeah, he’s kind of an idiot.”

            “I just hope for mine and Minah’s sake he isn’t so stupid anymore…”

            “You and me both.”

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in so long!  Subscribe, Upvote, comment!!! <3