Date

Baby Daddy

Chapter 3

Lena POV

                                                                                                                               

            After Sehun left I got ready for bed, but I wasn’t ready to sleep.  I sent a text to Kai:

                        Me: Are you still awake?

                        Kai: Yeah.     

                        Me: Can I call you?

                        Kai: Of course.

            He picked up on the second right.  “Hey Lena.”

            “Hey Kai.”  It was quiet for a few moments.

            “Well this is awkward…” he stated.

            “Yeah, I know.  Sorry, I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that your back…”  He didn’t say anything at first but I knew that he was nodding.  “So listen, I talked to Minah today, about you being back and everything and she wants to meet you, really badly.”

            “Seriously!?  Lena, that’s great!”

            “Yeah…but here’s the thing…I don’t even know you anymore.  It’s been five years and I just don’t feel comfortable letting you into our lives so quickly.”

            “I understand,” he said, “I didn’t think you’d let me just show up at your door step and say ‘Hey Minah, I’m your father’ and then just take her.”

            I nodded, then I remembered that he couldn’t see me and I said, “yeah, so…I was thinking you and I get together a few times while Minah’s at school or with my parents and we get to know each other again, and then we’ll talk about you and her finally meeting.”

            “That sounds perfect,” he replied, “gives everybody enough time to absorb everything.  So when do you want to get together?”

            “Well I have off of work tomorrow, so Chanyeol and I are getting together.  But after Chanyeol and I finish whatever it is that he has planned, you can come over to the house.  I’ll text you the address.”

            “Okay, but doesn’t that run the risk of Minah coming home?”

            “No, tomorrow she has preschool until three and then she’s getting picked up by my parents and I won’t pick her up from there until eight.”

            “Alright, I guess I should hang up now, since you have to get up in the morning to take Minah to school.”

            “No, its fine, I’m not tired yet.”

            “So…we just…”

            “Yeah, tell me what New York was like.”

            “Okay, well…it’s actually pretty crazy at first.  It was hard to get in the habit of using the subway and figuring out where everything is, especially since I didn’t really speak English all that well yet.”

            I laughed, “I can just picture you looking all lost in a big city.”

            “Hey…that isn’t very nice Lena…”

            “I know, I know, I’m sorry.  How were the clubs?  I bet you had a lot of fun partying.”

            “I actually didn’t have all that much time for going to clubs…I was busy studying while simultaneously doing productions.”

            “You actually got to do productions!?”

            “Yeah, they have a learn-by-doing curriculum, it was awesome.”

            “Is The Nutcracker still your favorite?”

            “Of course.”

            “Am I still your Clara?” I asked quietly.

            “You’ll always be my Clara.” I could practically feel his grin through the phone.

            “I still can’t dance,” I laughed.

            “You never even tried, and I doubt you practice while I was away.”

            “No, I’ve been kind of busy raising your child.”  He didn’t say anything.  “Sorry…that was kind of insensitive…”

            “No, its fine, I deserve it.”

            “I think I’m going to go to bed now, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

            “Okay, sweet dreams Lena.”

            I hung up and quickly sent him my address before I forgot.  This was either going to be really awesome, or very bad…

 

            The next morning I got Minah ready for school and reminded her that her grandparents were the ones that were going to pick her up today.

            “How come your not picking me up?” she asked.

            “Because sweetie, mommy has things she needs to do, and don’t you miss your grandparents?  They sure miss you!”

            “I miss them, but I want to play with you…”

            “If it makes you feel better, tonight you can sleep in my bed with me and I can tell you about daddy some more.”

            She nodded.  “Okay!  Do you promise?”

            “I promise,” I kissed her cheek, “Okay, time to go to school.”

            I dropped her off in her classroom and told her teacher that I wouldn’t be the one to pick her up.  Then I left for home to get a little bit of work done before Chanyeol came to pick me up.

            I was working on a case from the Japan when I heard the front door open.  “Hey Lena, where are you?” called Chanyeol.

            “In the dining room,” I called back.

            “Whatchya working on?” he asked taking a seat next to me.

            “Just a case from Japan that the medical examiner couldn’t figure out…”

            “Is it hard?”

            “Not at all, this guy was so obviously poisoned, they just need to run a tox. screen and they’ll have their answer.  I just need to email the file back with what I figured out and then we can go.  This’ll only take a minute, you can get whatever from the fridge if you’re hungry.”

            “I’m fine.  I can just wait until you’re done.”

            I nodded and went back to my work.  When I was finished I closed my laptop and grabbed my purse from the kitchen counter.  “So what are we doing today?”

            He shrugged, “Anything, what do you want to do?”

            “I don’t know…”

            “What’s something you haven’t been able to do since you had Minah, the first thing that comes to mind?”

            “Dating is the first thing that comes to mind, but I don’t see how that’ll work.”

            “No, that’s perfect!  We obviously aren’t on a real date, but we can still do the things people do on dates.”

            “So what do you have planned for today Mr. Park?”

            “Wanna go to the mall?”

            I laughed, “Sure, that’s perfect.”

            We drove to the mall, walked around for a while, tried on some cloths, and then found our way to the food court for lunch.  I pulled out my wallet to pay for my food, but Chanyeol hit my hand and said, “This is a date, remember?  The guys pays.”  

            “If you insist.”  We found an empty table and took a seat across from each other.

            “So Miss Lena, tell me about yourself.”

            I smiled at his insistence on making this like a date, “Well, if you must know,” I played along, “I work with the police department as a forensic investigator, so I get to go to crime scenes and figure out how people were murdered.”

            “Morbid.  Sounds like fun!”

            “I have a four year old daughter named Minah, I like long walks on the beach and snuggling while watching scary movies…”

            “Okay stop.  Now you sound like an online dating profile.”

            I laughed, “That was the point.”

            “Taking a break from pretending we’re on a date, what’s new with you Lena, other than Kai showing up out of nowhere?”

            “Well, he’s actually coming over tonight.”

            “What!?  You’re already gonna let him meet Minah?”         

            “No, she’ll be at my parents’ house until eight tonight, and I’ll make sure he’s gone before then.”

            He nodded, “So are you and him gonna get back together?”

            I shook my head, “not any time soon…if that was even up for discussion, I would want Minah to be comfortable calling him her dad and feel safe with him no matter what.”

            He nodded in agreement, “I just don’t want you to get hurt again.”

            “I’m a big girl, I can take care of myself.”

            “I know…just be careful.  I know he was one of my best friends in high school, but after he left you, I just lost all respect for him…”

            “Sehun said the same thing last night.”

            “You talked to Sehun yesterday?”

            I nodded, “He came over after you told him that Kai was back.  He had alcohol, I couldn’t pass that up.”

            He laughed.  “Should we get going?”

            I nodded, “Yeah, I’ve got a lot of mental preparations to make before letting Kai into my house.”

            He laughed, “Don’t over think it.  Just remember that you and Minah come first.  Don’t worry about anything he says until later.”

            “You got it Chanyeol.”

A/N: Sorry i haven't updated in a while, I've been having major computer problems that needed fixing! Thanks for being patient!

Subscribe, Upvote and comment please! <3