He's Back

Baby Daddy

Chapter 1

Lena POV

 

            In high school, there was this boy in my class named Jongin, but everybody called him Kai.  He was what every girl dreamed of having, he was nice and treated girls with respect, he was funny, and he was breathtakingly gorgeous.  Some would say that he was the perfect guy.  But I know more than anyone that he is far from perfection. 

            It was our second year of high school when Kai asked me to be his girlfriend, but I never liked Kai the way all the other girls did, sure I was attracted to him, but I never saw him as someone I would date.  I accepted anyways, and very quickly fell madly in love with him.  My parents loved him, my friends liked him and accepted him into our group, just like his friends accepted me into theirs.  Everything was perfect.

            It was almost immediately after high school graduation that I discovered that I was pregnant.  I wasn’t exactly scared, since I was out of high school and I had the best boyfriend in the world, but I was going to start college in the fall, what would happen with that?  Well, I still went to college and I graduated early, with no problem at all.  I had the best support system anyone could ask for, but not from Kai…

            When I first told Kai that I was pregnant, he was fine at first, we talked about it and we decided that we would keep the baby.  But a few months later, we broke up.  I honestly don’t even know why we broke up because everything seemed to be going so well, but for some reason, after we broke up, he wanted nothing to do with me or our child.  He disappeared.  I tried calling him, and going to his house, but nothing.  Not even his friends knew where he went.

            I wasn’t even sad that he was gone, I was pissed!  He left without a single word to anyone, and he left me alone with a baby that he never even met.  But I kept on telling myself that everything was going to be okay, and it was.  I graduated top of my class in forensic investigation, got a job shortly after, bought a house for myself and my daughter and still had time to play with my baby.

            I made sure that my now four year old daughter Minah knew exactly who her father was.  I wasn’t about to be the parent that refused to tell my child about the other person that helped create them.  Minah knew that I had no idea where her father was and that I had no idea why he disappeared.  She didn’t seem to care all that much though, she’s told me many times that she only needed me, and I was okay with that.  Until one day after work, I ran into him outside of the coffee shop that our friend Chanyeol’s father owned.

            “K-kai,” I stared.

            He stared for a moment, trying to absorb that he was actually seeing me in front of him, “H-hi Lena.”

            I had so many questions for him, like where he went, or how he was doing, and what he was doing back in Seoul.  I decided that I needed to be the adult and say, “Do you want to get coffee and catch up?”

            “Yeah, I’d love to,” he smiled and led me inside the café.

            We took a seat at the table we always sat at when we went on coffee dates in high school.

            “Where’ve you been all this time?” I asked.

            He frowned, “I knew that’d be the first thing you’d ask…I actually went to Julliard, for dance.  I just graduated a few months ago, and now I’ve moved back here.”

            “Wow,” I said, “You always dreamed of going to Julliard, I’m glad to hear you actually got to go.”

            He nodded, “I’m sorry I left without telling you…”

            “Kai, not even your parents knew…”

            “I know…I waited a year to tell them anything, I figured that’d be enough time for you to give up on finding me.”

            I sighed, “Why didn’t you want me to know anything?  Especially after we just found out that I was…” I trailed off.

            “We don’t need to keep avoiding it,” he said, “I know I was a and left you alone with a baby.  I’m so sorry Lena.”

            “It’s okay Kai.  We’ve done very well without you, it was hard at first, but I managed.  I actually graduated with a degree in forensic investigation a year ago, and I have a job, and a house.  We’re doing very well.”

            “I’m glad,” he smiled, “How is she?  What’s she like?”

            I smiled, “Do you want to see a picture?”  He nodded and I pulled out my phone from my purse.  “Here,” I handed him the device and he smiled even bigger.

            “She’s so beautiful.”

            “I named her Minah.”

            “But that’s-”

            “I know, it’s the name you always told me in high school how much you loved.  I also gave her your last name.”

            “So she knows about me?”

            “Of course she does!  I was not about to become the kind of mother that refused to talk about her child’s father.  She used to ask about you a lot, she hasn’t for a while though, and I think she’s starting to think that she’s never going to meet you.”  I frowned sadly.

            “Lena, I am so sorry I left.”

            “Yeah, why did you?” I asked.

            He sighed, “It’s complicated…”

            “So is raising a child by yourself, so no excuses Kim Jongin.”

            “Right…When you told me you were pregnant, I thought I was okay with it, but after we decided that we’d keep her, I started to freak out.  Neither of us had started college yet, and you really wanted to be a forensic investigator, and I really wanted to dance.  I guess I was just scared of juggling it all at once, so I acted on an irrational thought and packed everything and left.”

            “The day after we found out we were having a girl…”

            “Yeah…”

            “What about your friends?  Not even they knew where you went.”

            “I told them the same time I told my parents.  I begged them all not to tell you though.”

            “I’m going to kill them…especially Chanyeol, I asked him just about daily if he had heard anything from you.  I even told him I’d cut his balls off if I ever found out he was lying to me…guess that’s I promise I gotta keep.”

            Kai laughed.  “It’s not his fault.”

            “I know,” we sat quietly for a while until he spoke.

            “Lena, I’d really like to try to be a part of her life, if you’d let me.”

            I nodded, “Of course.  But not yet.  I need to talk to her and figure things out first.  But I promise, you can meet her soon.”

            Kai and I exchanged cell phone numbers, said our goodbye’s and went our separate ways.  I got into my car and immediately called Chanyeol.

            “Hey Lena, what’s up?” he asked.

            “He’s back,” I told him, “and he wants to be a part of Minah’s life.”

            “What!?  He’s back?  You’re sure?”

            “Yes I’m sure,” I answered, “we ran into each other at your dads shop and we had coffee.”

            “So what are you going to do?”

            “Right now I’m going to pick her up from preschool, and once we get home I’m going to sit her down and tell her what’s going on.  Also, I’m going to cut your balls off, because you knew where he was this whole time and you didn’t tell me!”

            “I’m sorry Lena, he made me promise not to tell…but if it helps, he feels really bad about leaving.”

            “I know,” I told him, “he mentioned that…”

            “So what do you want?”

            “What do you mean Chanyeol?”

            “I mean, do you really want Kai back in your life after he just packed up everything and left?  You and Minah are doing so well on your own, do you really want to add baby daddy drama to the mix?”

            “He’s Minah’s father…” I sighed, “He has every right to be part of his child’s life, and personally I wouldn’t mind if he was.  He’s still the same person I fell in love with, right?”

            “It’s almost been five years Lena, people can really change in that amount of time…just be careful and put yourself and Minah first…Kai comes later.”

            “Right, thanks Chanyeol.  I’ll call you later.”

            “Okay, bye Lena.”

            I hung up my phone and started down the road to Minah’s preschool.    

A/N:  First off...I am so sorry though's of you who are reading my other stories.  I know, i'm in the middle of three other ones, but when inspirtation hits, it's needs to be written out.  I promise, I will still be working on my other fics.

To new readers: check out of other stuff and follow me on Tumblr @maggieshawolexotic

To everyone:  Subscribe, Comment, and Upvote.  I hope you enjoy "Baby Daddy"!