Chapter 4 - Foe

Cloudy Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Chapter 4 -  Foe ~

Foe : a person who feels enmity, hatred, or malice toward another; enemy: a bitter foe.

 

“Not all scars show, not all wounds heal.

Sometimes you can’t always see, the pain someone feels”

 

Haeri checked her luggage. After belive everything is perfect she walked outside the airport. Finally she arrived in LA after a long hours sitting on the plane seat. She walked to the public transportation state. A taxi stopped in front of her. The driver opened his door and help Haeri to pack her luggage in bagage.

“Hello ?” Haeri answered her phone when the taxi started it engine. Her phone keep buzzled a few momment before. “Yeah, I had just arrived. Oh, okay... I know the address Mr.Han don’t worry. It’s okay no need to be sorry. I’m on the way to my new dorm,”

“Okay... okay. Um ? Okay, when I reach the apartement I’ll go to the administration office. Oh! You’ll wait there ? Okay, okay,” She glanced at the driver. And it seems the driver waiting her to tell her destination.

“Okay, see you Mr. Han. I’ll arrive on there as fast as I can,” she joked and hang up the line.

“Where do you want to go, Miss?” The driver asked in English.

“Ah, wait-“ She take a paper from her note and give it to the driver. “Please go to this address,”

The driver said okay and then they drove left the airport area.

Haeri looked outside the window. Her mind keep spinning around. Sometimes it will back to the old memory to the past. She keep asking herself if she ready to begin a new or not. She sighed.

“I’m ready,” she muttered lowly. Convince herself.

***

“Kid ! Where’re you want to go?” A man in black snapback asked him.

“Oh, Hyung! I must back to my apartement. My new rommate arrive in LA today,”

“And ? Dont tell me you want to welcomed your new—“

“Yeah !  Sorry. Gotta go now bye !” He bidded his goodbye to his friends and then walked  outside the building. Going down to the basement area to pick his car.  

He drove his car to the road, way to go back to his apartement. His mood is happy now because he got a new roommate after living alone in his apartement. Although it’s a bit hard to convienence the administration for the new student live in his apartement, he proof it he could do it.

He glanced to the documents on the passanger seat. He smirked. “Song Haeri, sounds perfect!”

***

“Love...,” Eunmi spoke weakly.

“Yes ?” A man beside her responded.

“Please don’t leave me....,” her tears b away. “Please...,”

When he wanted to reply, the door swungly opened. “Son, is your wife okay?”

He turned his head and looked back at his wife who is already back to sleep after the huge shock. He nodded weakly. “Yeah.. I think.. I dont know..,” his mind completely in mess.

“Hey listen,” A middle aged man tried to calmed him. “It’s okay. You can pour it. I’m sorry son you trapped in this situation. Calm down.. you—“

“No, Father! You don’t know. This is because my fault. Because... because.. I.... I--” he sobbing. “I dont know anymore. This is literally my fault. If it never happened, we wont suffer like this. She wont suffer like this. If we never did it, I wont stuck like this. I’m !”

“Park Chanyeol!” his father said in high tone. “Dont be coward ! I never teach you to be a coward. What’s past is past. Never bring the past back,”

“But.. because of me.. because of us... because of our selfishness, we made Haeri suffered. I still love her father... and now—now I dont know she still live or not. She likes gone ate by the world the day after our wedding day. She – “

“Chanyeol,” his father patted his shoulder. “On that day, at the aisle, you vowed you love Eunmi. Not Haeri. Let Haeri go peacefully. Did you know why your mother always prohibited you to search about Haeri ? Your mother cares to you. She didnt want it’ll affect your wife, your unborn baby, and stressed your mind. Although she feels very sorry to Haeri. For her Haeri is like her daughter, but she must be cold towards her to make her go from your life,”

“Go away from my life? Do you mean go away from this world ? Did Mom killed Haeri and her family?” Chanyeol said in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter