Chapter 1 - Fait Accompli

Cloudy Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~CHAPTER 1 - FAIT ACCOMPLI~

Fait Accompli (n) (from France) : Something that has already happened and cannot be changed.

My lips have shut, my smile has stopped and I’ve become quiet
Our eyes look at different places, am I the only one like this?

 

 

Moonlight peeking from behind the window curtains. The dead of night and fill the nights cold as usual. Only the sound of the clock sounded. The stars that fill the night as usual shows like rays of light showers, illuminate the cold and the dark of night.

The rooms are dark but illuminated by the moonlight which rely in  the sky , filling beautifully through the windows and the quiet night. The clock struck two times, indicating two o'clock in the morning. She was lying on her bed, asleep in her dream.

A cold sweat began to appear. Her hands begin clutched on the sheets mattress, as if she'd pulled by something big and powerful. Her breathing is irregular, like there’s a giant on top of her. Her eyes were shut down deeper, tears stream that never stops.

"STOP!" She was screaming hysterically, waking from her sleep.

She rubbed her forehead which is full of a cold sweat. She realized, it was just a dream. A dream which always haunted her every night after that incident.

The same dream for every night to reminded her of her old wounds. She can not get out of the dream for 6 months. Old wounds that have not been found the cure. Every night she had awakened from her sleep by a nightmare, this nightmare becomes a permanent memory in her brain as well which the incidence that occurred 6 months ago.

She covered her face with both hands. Sobbed. Crying in the cold of the night. She thought back to that day. Incidence of 8 months ago.

 

 ⚜⚜⚜

 

8   M O N T H S   A G O

“Perfect!” the hair stylist commented.

She smiled. Sincere. Her cheeks flushed with pleasure and embarrassed. She had given thanks. While looking at her reflection in the mirror she smiled. The day finally arrived. Day She had waiting.

Her room opened, she turned toward the door. The hair-stylist had come out a few minutes ago, she found a woman the age of four entered the room. She smiled gently.

"Are you ready?" She asked. Haeri nodded.

"Song Hae Ri........," The woman called her name weakly.

Haeri looked at her in astonishment. "Neh?"

"Are you sure about this? "Tears started coming out of the woman's eyes.

"Mom ...." Haeri voice begins to soften. "I'm really sure of this," she smiled. “Don’t cry,” Haeri  trying to calm her mother despite her eyes had also started to glaze.

"Let's cancel this day, please ... Haeri," Her mother clutching the hands of Haeri.

 

“Mom...., there’s nothing to be worry,”

“No.. No. Let’s cancel this day. I’m not really sure with my feelings with what’ll happen next,”

“Mom.. Mom... Listen..., here.. look at my eyes. Everything gonna be okay. No need to worry. Today is the biggest day for me,” Haeri gently her mother's cheeks,  wiped all her tears which fall down.

“Are you sure?” She nodded. “Will you be happy?” Her Mom asked again. “I dont want you to get hurt. You’re my precious daughter,”

“Mom... I’m gonna be happy. Trust me,”

“But Haeri.... I don’t sure. Let’s cancel this wedding!”

“No Mom. Why should we?”

 

"I. .. I've a bad feeling .... Haeri," Her mother sobbed. Haeri immediately hugged her.  “Nothings gonna be happen, Mom. Don’t cry,” she tried to soothe her.

There’s knock on the door. “Come in!”

A young lady about 20 years old entered. She wears a pastel strapless dress covered with red lace. With a maroon belt in the stomach. she let her hair loose.

Haeri's mother patted her back. "I'll go," Haeri nodded and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter