7.

Sad Flower

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey there, Min Yoongi."

"Oh hey there, Jongdae hyung.."

Like magnets, they shared a long welcoming hug that was needed from a very long time ago. How long has it been since they last saw each other? A few years? Maybe longer. Each party is glad to be reunited. Yoongi could not help but shed tiny tears that has been forming in his eyes. He can now safely confirm that the girl he was looking for, has been found. He could not help but form a smile of relief as he continued crying tears of joy. On the other hand, the elder tried to console the younger one, only to break down in tears as well. The night deepens as they both comfortably give their greetings and salutations to one another.

While Jongdae was preparing drinks to be served, he started to worry. Should I tell him about Gina, or not? He looks really satisfied and contented knowing that she is back, but, he should at least know. However, I'm afraid that he will treat her as a patient instead of a human. That is the thing she hates most. Throughout her past encounters in the hospital, Mummy told me once that she cried day and night because she was so sick of all the services she received. Top class wards, that itself was unimaginable. They had all the apparatus ready to be tested out on an experiment, her. She was treated like an experiment in a Science lab, and she hates it the most. She would refuse to eat, take fresh air, and she was unhappy. Eventually, she fell into depression because of the environment around her and because she could not take the pressure anymore. The flower that they are saving under the best conditions, is withering faster than expected. Ironic, isn't it?

That is why they decided that this flower should be brought out to be free. To feel happy as a person and not as any constant variable that produced outcomes which will later be evaluated. That is why she decided to come back. This is where her happiest moments will be revived and radiated, and this is where the flower eventually wilt and wither naturally. As much as possible, Jongdae would love to tell to Gina about Yoongi. How Suga is Yoongi, how they are actually the same person. But he cannot possibly blurt out the simple truth. She will feel burdened, afraid that he will feel devastated when she is gone. She will not have the same smile and cheerfulness that he knew and encounter every single day. She will eventually fall into utter confusion in an embrace of happiness. Jongdae sat on the chair. He was really torn apart between two worlds. He did not know what was the right thing that he should do, as of now, and in the upcoming days.

The elder soon found himself sitting on the sofa, beside the other person. He observed the other person take a sip of his drink, before taking out his phone to make a few important calls. Once this was done, the room became silent. They each had burning questions to ask each other, but neither had the courage to start the ball rolling. In the end, the younger one took his move.

"Hyung, uh, since when did she return?"
"A few days back. She was really eager to meet you. To the point she dazed out while I was talking to her. She's always been fine, and it looks like puberty already hit her quite hard too. If you know what I mean."

They chuckled. Prior to their notice, someone was listening to their conversation.

"So how is Mr and Mrs Min? Are they healthy? You know, ever since they told me to move out..."
"I guess so. Things didn't really work out well after you left. Debts were unavoidable. We had to sell everything we had. It was heartbreaking. Even the house, as a last resort. Mom was engulfed in her own sadness. She had several part time jobs. She didn't have time to even take a rest. But what did that man do? He just moped in his own sorrow by drinking a few bottles a day. It was sickening. I couldn't take it any longer and moved out of the city. So here I am.

Everyday felt like hell because I was sick and tired of them arguing all the time. If only that guy didn't start living a reckless life, mom would at least be happy. I would at least still see remnants of my childhood. But what can I do, I have slight memory loss. While I was on the way home, I got hit by a driver and they told me that my head landed first on a stone. It was crazy. The driver was responsible enough to take all the responsibility, he even got me a place in the university to further my studies before I fly those airplanes. And that was how I met the other rascals as well. We pretty much make a good team. Performing here and there. Studying to be pilots as well. Cool thing we got there."
"You... Really suffered a lot to get to where you are now. I... Wow. I guess I'm doing fine after I move. I met the other 11 guys and we all do volunteer works as performers. And then I also got into university. And this year is my final year. I did work part-time too to earn extra pocket money. Not as frequent but it was still manageable. But I left that job. It was too demanding over time."
"Hyung, you suffered as much too. Well at least you have someone to brighten up your day when you're down. By the way, that is really, Gina Kim, right?"

Jongdae gulped the phlegm stuck in his throat. Now is the time. I'm sorry but I really have no choice.

"Yes, that is my sister, Min Yoongi."

Yoongi felt his heart stop. His chest tightened as tears started forming in his eyes. He heaved a sigh of relief. Mission accomplished! I have found the woman of my dreams! She has been beside me since the day I transferred to the new school! Thank you, thank you for coming back.

They heard a scream from the bedroom. Both of them looked at each other with eyes wide open.

Gina... She's awake? She... Heard the whole thing? They immediately went into the room again, to find her passed out, again. This time, her body was facing the entrance.

She knows. She was listening.

Gina

What is this feeling in my head? Why do I hear people chattering? Isn't Jongdae alone? Wait... What happened? Why am I injected with drips? Why is there a cooling pad on my head? Slowly, slowly Gina Kim. Do not attract his attention. Be as quiet as a mouse. Hang on, isn't that Suga's voice? Why is he here? What could have happen to me in order for me to be like this?

Right, I started seeing stars and out after that. What a genius move to eat the vitamins in the bus as a stomach filler. Ahh, I should have asked him to treat me to dinner before he sent me home. It's already midnight. Nevertheless, yesterday was such a wonder day. I want it to repeat itself again, with Yoongi this time. Before I confirm that I am hallucinating, let me find out who Jongdae is talking to. Wait, Suga is still here? Why is he still here? Shouldn't he go back home at this point of time? Their converstaion is so rapid. They sound so close.

Wait a minute, why did he call Jongdae hyung? Jongdae is older than him? And.... Why is Jongdae calling him Yoongi? Is he Min Yoongi? No way, this cannot be happening. Is this a dream? Am I dreaming? What is this. Slowly, I leaned in closer to get a proper grasp of what they are talking about.

"Hyung, you suffered as much too. Well at least you have someone to brighten up your day when you're down. By the way, that is really, Gina Kim, right?"
"Yes, that is my sister, Min Yoongi."

The minute I heard Jongdae said that, my heart stopped pumping. I felt myself getting breathless. Min Yoongi? That is him? That means, he have only found out about me today, to confirm his answers to his questions. No wonder! All the puzzle pieces seem to fit in well now! He had a cold introduction because he was probably stunned and shocked to see my face that day. He was still mending a broken heart. When I returned his wallet, he directly asked me about my locket, and his reaction was priceless. Again when we had that mini confession scene, his story was so similar to mine, and he again looked at the locket. He... Still remembers me.

He still remembers me! Through this locket! My head... It's hurting again... No, no please not now, please. I'm begging you, not today, not now, not until my last petal drop onto the ground. Please. The pain is unbearable. My breath is quickened and shortened, and my chest feels like it is going to tear apart.

"M-m-min... Mi-min-n... Min Yoongi!!"

The world became dark after that.

 

 

 

A/n:

Nationals are over and I'm finally back despite it finishing on November 10th. I'm really sorry for the long wait and I'm sorry if this chapter is shorter than the rest. I'll try to do double updates at a time so I can finish this fic as fast as possible. Till then, thank you for reading and I love all you readers! ^^ //including silent readers, hehe//