5.

Sad Flower

Gina looked around helplessly as she meddled with her phone. Should I message him? Maybe not? He could be asleep by now, why bother. Half of her wanted to start a conversation with him. the other half told her to sleep and forget about it. Health first, the other half said. Whatever, I'll just risk this one chance and go to bed. She rolled over to the side of the bed, only to see her brother sleeping soundly on the floor, with only a blanket wrapped around his body to endure the cold. Poor Jongdae. Don't worry, it will be temporary.. Slowly, she typed in a few words onto her phone and placed the phone under the pillow.

I'll seriously kill myself if he doesn't reply me. 

.

.

Suga looked at his phone one last time before he decided to give up. I shall just go to bed. why even stay awake and wait for a message which he will not even receive? Gina Kim, I'm going to make you pay for reducing my beauty sleep. As he looked outside the window, he sighed as he placed his phone on the table, only to hear buzzing sounds a few minutes after that. Curious, he unlocked his phone to reveal a message notifier. 

"Hello, Suga. Good night and have a nice sleep. //inserts smile emoticon//" 

Finally! Hello there, Gina Kim! A smile forming from ear to ear could be seen across his face as he typed a few words and sent it back to her. This night is going to be an interesting night, he thought.

.

.

Gina wanted to shut her eyes when she heard the notification alert buzzing off. Immediately, she unlocked the phone to read the message received. 

"Suga only? That's your nickname for me? How cute, little one." 

"Excuse me? You were the one who called me princess first. Your fault."

"Gigina, you really want to watch The Fault In Our Stars, do you? 'My thoughts are stars. I cannot fathom into constellations.' What even! Are you kidding me?"

"I'm don't even want to watch movies like that! The book is enough for me. Plus, the movie is released in a month! Dude, if you are trying to flirt with me, nice try. I am totally not falling for it."

"Why are you so smart? Are you secretly a detective or something?"

"Crazy. I'm sleeping. Bye! //inserts weird cute emoticons here because I have no emoticons.. Lame//"

"Ask anyone to install the emoji app or something. You can also download communicating apps Line or Kakao Talk. They have super cute emoticons and themes there." 

"Thank you Syub. Bye."

As she placed her phone under the pillow, Gina could not help it but smile thinking of the conversation she had with Suga 30 minutes ago. Really, Gigina? Is he that lame for a person? She could not help but giggle. What is this feeling? Why do I feel strange, yet warm and comfortable inside? She felt her cheeks getting warmer as she hides her face under the pillow. Do I like him? Oh no! What about Yoongi? Gina plopped her head onto the pillow as she stared at the ceiling. Suga feels so.... familiar inside. He reminds me too much about Yoongi. I think I miss Yoongi too much. I better find him as soon as possible, maybe before my birthday.

 

By the time Gina woke up the sun was glaring through the binds, forcing her to get up and take a shower before laziness takes over her body. Jongdae was not home as it was a Friday, and Fridays are the days he start classes before 8 in the morning and ends school at 8 at night. What shall I do today? She hesitated for a moment. She decided to turn on the radio and think of a plan. Maybe I shall take the effort to look for the library and do some reading there! Sounds like a good plan. I can whip up some smoothie, make sandwiches and spend the whole day there reading until it's time to leave! She beamed in satisfaction and worked like a busy ant to make ure that her plan falls into place. Strains of IU's Good Day could be heard from the radio as she sped up her work and rush to and fro to eat her vitamins and get herself ready for the day. As she slung her backpack around her shoulders, she looked at reflection again to ensure that she does not look sloppy. Satisfied, she gingerly walked out of the house and skipped her way towards the university. 

 

Along the way, she spotted Suga walking the same way. Oh no! What do I do? She wore her cap, covering her face to walk past him, only to bump straight into him, right in the shoulders. To make it worse, her cap flew off and her hair looked like a mess. Perfect. 

 

Suga was just walking towards the uni when he spotted a silly looking Gina Kim trying to walk away from him. Unfortunately, her plan didn't work as she unintentionally bumped right into his right shoulder. The silly thing was her cap flew off and she didn not know how messily cute- she looked like in front of him. Chuckling to himself, he gave her back her cap which fell onto the floor and straightened her hair- only to have both parties' mouth wide agape. 

 

On their bodies were identically similar white plain tees and blue skinnies. Gina wore white chuck Taylors whereas Suga wore normal black sneakers. Gina was wearing a snapback whereas Suga was wearing a hat. They both looked at each other in disbelief. 

"Why are we wearing the same thing?"

"Is this telepathy?"

"Are you trying to copy me?"

 

They laughed at each other in sequence. Like they could read off each other's mind.

"Suga! You look like a female wearing that hat!"

"Wow Gina. Gigina. Gizizi? You look so manly, oppa."

"Are you jealous I look tougher than you? By the way, what are you doing here?"

"Fridays are off-days. Hence, earlier start for us! What are you doing here? You're schooling today?"

"I don't school here. Um, I'm planning to picnic at the library by myself until the librarian chase me out because it's time to go home. Well, I have nothing to do anyway."

.

.

Suga, now's your chance. Ask her or you will miss it for the rest of your life. Never mind about that Gina Kim. This Gizizi will do for just one day. 

 

"Hey, uh.. Do you want to go to Namsan Tower with me? Well, I mean, just today. Please? We can have brunch, look at the scenery, take good photos and then I'll send you home. before 9pm, I promise. Please? Just one day." 

 

Oh no, why is she hesitating? Did I make a wrong move? Is it too early? Shoot Suga. Shoot. 

 

"I'm okay with that. I have sandwiches and a bottle of smoothie with me. We can share that together. How do we get there?"

"By bus. We'll have to take a cable car after that. Are you fine with that?"

"Sure. I think I will just hold your hands during the cable car ride. I am uh, a little afraid of small things going at a high place." 

Yes! Control your hormones, Suga. You don't want to scare Gizizi away on our first date.

"We're not dating, let me remind you that first."

 

Snap. This girl is always one step ahead of me. 

.

.

 

The journey to Namsan Tower felt magical for Gina. Not only did they finish four slices of sandwiches in less than an hour, the smoothie was gone in a few minutes too. Awkward, though, as they had to share drinks with one another with only one straw. She felt her cheeks turning red as she held his hands while they were on the cable car going up to their final destination. Gina could not seem to let go of his hands, It felt like as if they were perfectly made for her tiny hands to fit in. The smooth, warm palms warming her tiny, cold hands made her feel fuzzy inside. She couldn't dare herself to look at his face as she remembered that he was only bringing her here for sight seeing. Once they reached the place, Gina could not help but form a smile on her face looking at the beautiful scenery from where she was. Meddling with her phone, she fumbled around to take a picture of a scenery, only to feel a pair of hands holding her arms in place. She felt butterflies forming in her stomach, and her mind became blurry as the pair of hands guided her as she was taking a panorama of the scenery. 

 

"There you go, a beautiful scenery captured in your phone! You should seriously learn how to use that phone of yours properly! Even I, the almighty Suga is better in doing this."

"Teach me when you have the time then. Oh, and please install for me the apps you were talking about last night. I want to eat churros. Are there churros sold here?" 

 

Gina looked turned around, only to meet a pair of dark brown orbs staring right at her. Gulping, she shoved her phone right in his face and made her way to the nearest food shop she can found in that area. It was already late in the afternoon and she was hungry. Is Suga not hungry too? .

.

.

Suga looked at her in disbelief. Is this girl kidding me? Chuckling to himself, he caught up with her and s his arms around her shoulders. he could feel Gina glaring at him, but he didn't care. He was really loving this date. He loved the way she held onto him while they were riding the cable car, and he was glad he would be able to feel it again later when they are going down. He loved the smell of her vanilla-scented hair. He purposely placed himself behind her so that he could help her with the photo-taking session, and to indirectly back hug her as well. Smart, Suga, smart. She totally did not notice it at all. Sweet. 

.

.

Being a gentlemen, Suga paid for the amount of churros bought for them to eat and enjoy the view. As it was late in the evening, they menaged to find a spot and watched the sunset together. From a distance, giggles of high school students could be heard as they cooed past the two of them. Whispers of couples could be heard from behind as they watched the two in awe and walked away. Well, how can people not comment about the two of them? On the floor was Suga eating the food bought while taking photos using his camera. In front of him was a tiny Gina Kim who s around and found herself comfortable sitting in between his legs, her head reasting on his chest.She wore her cap sideways so that her head is not blocking the lens of his camera. Feeling shy, she quickly finished up her food and rested her head on his left shoulder. She knew and she was aware of what she was doing, but she didn't mind. She loved how perfect it was. If only she was with Yoongi. She felt him putting his camera down and felt his pair of arms wrapping her waist as he took out her phone.

 

"Wow you downloaded the apps! Thank you!"

"Now you can send actual emoticons to me. Anyway, you heard those people, right?"

"I did. Couple? Us?"

"Why not?"

"Stop flirting with me! Can we just stay like this for a little while longer? I want to clear my mind for a while." 

 

Contented. That was the only feeling Gina could describe about the perfect moment she experienced, together with Suga. Hey, maybe Suga isn't really a jerk at all. Maybe Suga is a nice guy after all. 

 

Maybe Suga... Can be Yoongi at the same time... 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

Sorry for not updating for a really long time! Preliminary examinations are around the corner and before you know it, I'll be sitting for my nationals in October! Do leave your comments and thanks for reading! :D 

P.s: the coloured words in italics are their text messages. (Suga; Gina Kim)

Do leave any suggestions for further chapters and do tell me if you would like any scenarios to be in future relevant chapters as well :) Don't forget to subscribe as well ^~^

Till next time~