1+

Sad Flower

 

 

 

Gina had heavy steps the minute she stepped out of the airport in her home country. After eighteen years living in the States, she definitely was glad to return home. Oh, how I miss this country so much! As she was struggling with her luggage, she thought about her chilldhood. Will I be able to meet Yoongi? Gina is short of time, and she has to make full use of it. Every second counts and she have to live her every second to the fullest.

 

"Gina Kim!" a male voice shouted. 

 

Turning to her left, she spotted a male with brown hair grinning at her. The curve at the end of his lip was mesmerizing enough to make any female to swoon over him. Cheekiness was seen all over his face as he slowly walked towards her. Naturally, he ruffled her hair and took the luggage from her grip. Gina could not help but form a smile in return. Naturally, their bodies intertwined as they give each other bear hugs. 

 

 

"How long has it been since the last time I see you, my brother." 

 

"You're supposed to call me oppa, silly."

 

"Oppa in your dreams, Jongdae. You're only a year older than me. Never will I call you oppa." 

 

"You are still as stubborn like 18 years ago. Old habits die hard, don't they? Well, aren't you curious about what your big brother is currently doing right now?"

 

"Can you at least bring me home before we continue our conversation? I am tired."

 

Gina was surprised when Jongdae brought her to a care, his car to be exact. Wow, 18 years have passed and my brother already has a driving license. What have I missed out on throughout the past 18 years when I was gone/ Could Yoongi probably achieved his dreams of becoming a pilot? Could Yoongi already have a happy family of his own? Is he successful at this point of time? So many thoughts rushed through Gina's mind as she looked out of the window while they were on their way to Jongdae's place.

 

 

Only eighteen years have passed and her brother is already in university majoring in music. To earn extra money, he works as a cashier at a convenience store during the weekends. He even participates at a local hospital for volunteer work during term breaks and during year-end breaks to entertain the patients with his melodious voice together with eleven other friends he made at university whom they claim their group name as Exo. Gina's glad that he is actually achieving great things in life and not wasting his life away while she was in the States with their parents. I must meet Mr and Mrs Min to express my gratitude, but where do I find them? I can ask Jongdae now, but I'm sure he'll pester me to rest first and recharge my energy before starting any ventures to explore this place which has changed so much. Furthermore, I'm still experiencing jet lag. i cannot be too tired or my muscles will ache and things will go bad and I'll end up at the hospital. I'm sick of hospitals. I hope I don't need to go there anymore.

 

 

"See the university acrossfrom here? I am schooling there. The dorm I'm living in is just a few blocks across the university. You know I'm not a morning person, right? I can just wake up late and still reach school on time."

 "Wow, you're still as lazy as ever, You're 27 for heaven's sake! Stop being so lazy! You won't be able to find a partner for life!"

" We'll see,"

 

The minute Gina entered the dorm, was wide agape. She thought the dorm was going to be messy, with bits and pieces of rubbish strewn all over the place. However, it was the total opposite. It was extremely neat. It gives off a pleasant vanilla scent and the interior designs were simple, accompanied with a few photo frames of their family portrait on the wooden cabinets. Jongdae used binds instead of curtains, and the cream color matched the white walls of the room. It was calming. She was reminded of her bedroom back there. It had the exact color combinations. The only difference was she had a few sticker decorations pasted on the walls because she thought it 'needed some abstract designs to compliment the plain backdround.' Jongdae had a single bed and a sofa available whereas she only needed to use a queen sized bed back there. She loved how it actually looked welcoming and comforting. Even his study table is neat. Only the wall facing his table was full of purple post-its, a planner and a time-table. I'm impressed, Kim Jongdae.

 

 

Her thoughts and observations were interrupted when Jongdae actually opened her luggage to keep her items in the wardrobe. Immediately, she rushed over to the edge of his bed to unpack her necessities and her personal items.

 

 

 

"Wow, that's a lot of medicine"

"Definitely. I have to eat these to at least sustain myself for a day or I will become very weak. I hope I'll be able to meet Yoongi and do all the things I want to do with him, and of course together with you by then. Or at least celebrate my 26th birthday, together." 

"Don't worry. I'll help you, okay?"

 

As they were unpacking, they recalled the time Jongdae had to separate with his family 18 years ago.

 

 

"Oppa, don't cry. I'll come back to see you, okay? I promise." 

 

"But- but what if you- what if you-"

"Think positive, Kim Jongdae, your sister will come back healthy like everyone else. For now, you'll have to live with Mr Min and his family. Mummy and Daddy will send you money monthly. Ask Mrs Min to help you check your bank account every month, okay? We love you," Mummy interrupted as she planted a kiss on his cheek.

 

It was raining cats and doga when the Kim family placed their luggages into the turunk of the taxi. Gina hugged her brother for the very last time. They could not seem to separate from one another. Beside them was a confused 8-year-old Min Yoongi. Why was this happening all of a sudden?

 

 

 

"Come back soon, safe and healthy," Jongdae said, breaking their hug.

 

" Stop crying, you look super ugly," she responded.

 

"But what about Yoongi?" Jongdae asked?

 

"Don't tell him anything," she whispered. 

 

Yoongi looked at them again. What is happening? What am I not supposed to know? Where is Gina going? Yoongi looked at the locket in his grip. Immediately, he went in front of her and placed the locket around her neck. It was pretty clock. Even though the numbers were in roman, she appreciated it so much. Confused, she looked at Yoongi and stared at him.

 

 

"I'll become a pilot so that I can fly you tomplaces when you return. Wear that locket all the time, okay? Come back soon, okay? Until next time, Gina Kim! I'll mis you." 

He kissed her left cheek.

Flustered, she hugged him and ran towards Mummy and Daddy. I hope I can come back soon and watch Yoongi fly an airplane, or a jet.

 

Her thoughts were once again interrupted when she felt a pair of hands wrapping her waist from the back. She tried letting it go, but the grip got tighter. She then felt Jongdae's breath on her neck. Just what is he doing? Is he done unpacking my things? She tried to turn around and move away, only to meet with a pair of eyes with dark brown ords. She felt herself getting lost in thses pair of eys. Wow, how can my brother looks this good? How can he still look so good despite having messy hair and dark circles under his eyes? She felt his breath closer towards the crook of her neck.  She became tense.

 

"Do you want some rice for dinner?" he laughed.

"Excuse me! What was that for! You made me nervous for some reason! Ugh, hate you so much!" 

 

"I'm in charge of trolling in Exo, so why not I try it on you?" 

 

"Seriously, I hate you," she muttered under her breath.

 

Gina plopped herself on the couch and started flipping the channel using the remote control. Well, I wonder what dramas I can actually watch out of boredom. She continued flipping the channels, but no shows caught her eye. She then felt an extra weight on her lap.Jongdae grabbed the remote control away from her and switched off the television. Annoyed, she tried grabbing it back, but to no avail as her back started having aches. Giving up, she pushed him down onto the floor and threw pillows at him. Out of the blue, she started thinking about Yoongi again. What is he doing? Is he already asleep? The clock on the wall showed that it was already 11 at night. Is he studying? Is he having a late night meal? Is he working part-time? So many thoughts flashed into her head as she stared at the black tv screen reflecting herself.

 

 

"What are you thinking of now? You keep staring into blank space since the minute I picked you up from the airport," Jongdae asked.

"I'm just thinking about Yoongi... Oh! Speaking about him, don't you have any information about him od his family? Well, you used to live with them until now. What happen? Why are you not living with them?" 

"To tell you the truth, I actually moved out of their house seven-ten years ago. Mr Min has too many debts and Mrs Min told Yoongi and I to get out of the house. That was the last time I saw him too, actually. I was worried about the money Mummy and Daddy gave me monthly, so I began checking my bank account monthly since I was 14. Mrs Min always told me to be independent. Therefore, she thought me how to do things by myself since then. I heard that their family got into an accident, but I don't know anything about their conditions and whereabouts as of now. Yoongi's doing fine, I guess. He got good grades in school and even became a student councillor. Many girls were into him. He pushed all of them away, saying that he was waiting for his first love or something around that line. I didn't dare to ask him anything about that, becase even though he had a silly and pleasant appearance, he becomes sensitive and serious when he is doing his thing. Ah, right. he was a pro in basketball. You should watch him play basketball someday. many girls used to swon over him when he did slam dunks and three-pointer shoots."

Gina hesutated for a moment as she stared into blank space. The probablity of finding Yoongi is almost impossible. 

"Don't worry, we'll find him sooner or later, okay? Try to sustain yourself and maintain your health. I'm sleeping on the couch, so you're going to use my bed."

 

Gina looked out of the window. The scenery was clear from where she was sitting down. Slowly, she made her way to the bed and lay down on the mattress. It was soft. Just like the one she used back there. She was still processing the informaiton Jongdae gave her. As a result, she was unable to sleep. Yoongi, where are you? Where can I find you? She let out a scream in frustration. Jongdae who was falling asleep woke up and went to her side. he embraced her, trying to calm her down. He knew she was pressurized trying to find Yoongi within limited time. Suddenly, he remembered what his teacher old him earlier this week.

 

"Gina, my teacher told me that there are a group of students from this pilot academy coming to our school for a term starting from tomorrow. Maybe we can find him  there. Do you want to follow me to university? You can make new friends there. They're friendly people, don't worry. I can introduce you to the rest of Exo too."

 

"Really? I'll be more than glad to visit your school. Besides, won't have anything to do if I keep sitting at home 24/7. I'll be more than glad to explore that school.  Hopefully, Yoongi is one of the students in the group you mentioned." 

 

"I hope so too. He really wanted to become a pilot. I remember seeing his room filled with paper planes before we separated ways."

 

Gina looked at her locket. Will he remember her even if she showed him that locket? 

 

"Jongdae, will he still remember me?" 

 

"I'm sure he will. He will definitely remember you once he sees the locket hanging around your neck."

 

 

 

Slowly, she felt relived. She slowly started feeling sleepy as Jongdae lulled her to sleep. 

 

 

 

Yoongi, I'm coming. Wait for me..