The Heist (3)

10Sc2 2014

                All the way at the ICT Classroom, Adam and Dinesh were being holed up there with a bunch of Year 7s .

                “Stop playing with your power,” said Adam.

                “I’m not playing!” retorted Dinesh.

                They were all sitting on the floor against the walls so that nobody is in the middle of the room, basic procedure for heard gunshot as Adam used superhuman speed to push everyone to the walls.

                “Stop that!”

                The three computer screens closes to Dinesh kept switching on and off and making weird colours like a virus infection.

                “I can’t…”

                Arcs of lightning played around his fingers and body. A few times shocking himself.

                “You short-circuited me when you dumped water on me,”

                “You’re going to get us killed,” scolded Adam as the computers in the room emit bright lights and the electricity around Dinesh cracked loudly like thunder.

                “I CAN’T!!!”

                “Give me your hand!”

                “You want to get killed?”

                “I can heal; now give me before we all get killed,”

                “Your funeral,”

                Adam grabbed Dinesh’s hand and immediately current after current of electric energy coursed through him.

                His blood burned, his bones cracked, his skin blacken but quickly healed back and shocked and healed back again and again and again…

XOXO

                Emily and Haqeem walked in the halls, at Miss Yuri’s instruction, they have to hold hands and Haqeem’s Phasing had to be on stand-by.

                They walked for a long time until they say a middle-aged Chinese guy carrying a hand gun.

                “Stop!!” shouted Emily as she ran and grabbed the guy by the neck and held him against the wall, his hand gun fell to the ground and Emily stepped on it, it broke as easily as stepping on a bug.

                “You had, my power, super strength right?” said Drake.

                “Your power!?” asked Emily.

                Haqeem immediately got interested, “Let him talk Emily,”

                “I… I used to come to school here 10Sc2, 1994,”

                “That’s 20 years… Yes, the former class with powers,” calculated Haqeem.

                “Yeah, that dies make sense, my aunt had super speed like Adam,”

                Drake’s eyes widen, “Your aunt Khew? Crystal Khew?”

                “Yeah, why, wait the burnt on your hand your Drake Yen aren’t you? The true love of my aunt?”

                “Did she tell you that? Yeah right, she loved Jason Woods until he died…”

                “No… that’s the thing, she told me she chose you before Jason died, and she didn’t get to tell you, biggest mistake of her life, Oh my God, she just got divorced you guys could…” said Emily excitedly, releasing Drake.

                “What I don’t understand is why are you here, robbing your own high school?” asked Haqeem.

                Drake then told them about the insane Josiah Boehm, the catacombs and the secret passage.

                “We got to stop him then, no I have to stop him, you guys need to go help the others, the Levkin brothers won’t be easy to beat,”

                “Okay, fine, but come back and marry my aunt,” said Emily as she and Haqeem went to find the others.

                Drake began to run towards the Grand Stand and looking at the changed environment of the school. Underneath the bleachers is the secret passage, but you need superpowers to get through the entrance, but you need the right variation of superpowers to get through the labyrinth.

                Drake was right, he saw from afar Boehm trying ways to push open the cement on the side of the bleachers.

                There were also three girls sitting on the bleachers laughing and talking unaware of a maniac on the side of the bleachers, Drake has to get to them and tell them to go away, so he ran backwards to go past the hall entrance and to come out on the other side of the Grand Stand, but he was too late, Boehm called the girls to “help him” and one of them must have powers because as soon as she touched the wall, the passage opened.

                “Oh my God! Make out spot!” shouted the other petite girl.

                “Wow, a food storage unit” said the other Caucasian girl.

                The Malay girl who had the power said, “Hooray! Old man, you made a discovery, but sadly I have to turn you in, as you can see I was the one who did this not you and you’re holding a gun,”

                “How dare you insolent mortals, challenge me! May be it’s you who needs to go!” screamed Josiah.

                “Please,” scoffed Syahmina.

                The handgun was thrown telekinetically upwards where it was frozen mid air and when it hit the cemented floors it shattered.

                “What type of Witchcraft? Voodoo? POWER!?” Josiah’s face was a mix between scared and delighted, the powers he researched so hard existed.

                Syahmina then, grabbed with enhanced strength and flew Josiah to hang on a ledge, trapped until the police came.

                “Come on girls! Let’s see our new crib!” said Syahmina locking hands with Jeanette and Deandra.

                Well, whatever happens this generation is their problem, thought Drake as he turned around.

XOXO

                “Great now how do we know if it’s safe?” asked Miss Tiffany to the other teachers, a Drake Yen and an Elijah Levkin has surrendered, but the two remaining Levkin brothers were unknown.

                “Yo, chers sorry I was late I went to the dentist, why is everyone outside? Are we having a party?” said Uyun.

                “Thank the stars,” said Miss Taeyeon “Okay, Uyun, I want you to…

                A few minutes later Uyun was popping into every single room in the school,

                Asyeeqah, Zoe, Farah, Linna and random girl at hall with Levkin 1.

                Adam and Dinesh and Year 7s saved by Emily and Haqeem at ICT Classroom.

                A hanging Josiah Boehm at Grand Stand.

                A frozen Levkin 2 along with a kissing Cavell and Afiqah in the Laboratory.

                “How can you see us? We’re invisible,” asked Afiqah to Uyun, who had been staring at the invisible soft- for 5 minutes.

                “You guys are loud,” said Uyun, simply.

XOXO

                In the end, Drake and Elijah got 3 months in jail with parole, while Josiah and Levkin 1 and 2 were given punishment by a higher force than police.

                Hamizan was now an honorary member of the student council and Redhuan became more human.

                “You know Rhus, when I looked into that guy’s mind, he was so loving to his wife and child that I felt for the first time raw emotion ,he regretted his life choices and I don’t want that to happen to me. I hope I can show you that love and be less anti-social, I need to stop bossing people around like a feeling-less robot and care about people’s needs and accountability and last of all have fun once in a while,”

                But one question on everyone’s mind is “Where’s Safwanah?”

XOXO

                Syahmina walked a long time in darkness until she realized that with the Empathy power, it forms a flashing multi-coloured ball of aura that leads a way through a labyrinth.

                They ended up in the heart of the school where an eternal, light-absorbing mass of darkness was shining from ceiling to floor.

                A deep voice roared, “Welcome, my savior!”