CHAPTER 5

Just one love

CHAPTER 5

 

 

“Woow! It looks like…” Tiffany looked at excited Chanyeol.

“Like true studio, right?” Chanyeol was too excited, so he grabbed Tiffany’s hand and dragged her to see some instruments that were collected from scrap-heap.

While Chanyeol was showing Tiffany his most precious instruments and talking about how he found them, Yoona was still awkwardly standing near Changmin and Seung Gi. Without knowing what to say, Yoona started to move her head and look around. That garage was a really shabby place. Yoona some spider’s webs hanging on ceiling and doors. It almost looked like no one often comes here. But as soon as she turned her head away from spiders and their webs, Yoona saw some really cool poster hanging on walls. It were Korean bands like Buzz, Boohwal or Yoon Do Hyun’s band. Without realizing Yoona smiled because it looked like these boys were big fans of rock bands and wanted to create their own band. Somehow Yoona felt really happy because thinking about other people’s dreams made her feel that way. Maybe, these three friends weren’t completely lost as persons.

At the most remote garage’s corner Yoona spotted a really cute sofa that looked very comfortable. She started to walk towards it, but suddenly a really cold hand grabbed her palm and stopped her from walking. Yoona didn’t need to turn around and see who is holding her hand, she already knew that it was Seung Gi. Maybe they only met a few times, but every time Seung Gi touched her even it was only for a second, Yoona could feel electricity all over her body. And this touch wasn’t different from other his touches. Even though Seung Gi held her hand really lightly, but still electricity was all over her body and made her shiver.

“Are you okay?” suddenly asked Seung Gi. He was worried because he felt Yoona’s shivering.

“I’m okay” Yoona freed her hand out of Seung Gi’s hand and pretended that it was really nothing. “I’m going to sit on that sofa” she pointed her finger at comfortable sofa in front of her. “Is it okay?”

“Of course” Changmin answered more quickly. “Do you want tea or some other drink?”

“I will have a tea” while sitting lovely said Yoona and showed her brightest smile to Changmin.

Seung Gi felt really weird. He felt betrayed because he tried to be a good guy, who takes care of girls and gently smiles at them, but it seemed that Changmin had already taken Seung Gi’s wanted role. Seung Gi really wanted to lean against the wall and start banging his head into it. He was angry and embarrassed at the same time. Yoona just was too different from other girls who were easy to approach. But Yoona was just completely different world: she looked classy and snobby, but was bright and foolish at the same time; she had her own believes and opinion and no one could make her change it. And it’s not all. Seung Gi was sure that there is something more, but he couldn’t describe what it was… Maybe it was just Yoona.

Yoona was sitting on sofa and drinking tea while listening to Chanyeol, Tiffany and Changmin beautiful harmonization. Yoona had to agree that the youngest Chanyeol had his own charm. He was god of guitar. He played better than her friends from professional music academies. Well, Tiffany was always good at singing and Yoona was really jealous. And even now she was jealous because Tiffany was singing with Changmin like a real duet. Yoona had never imagined that Changmin had such a beautiful voice that can easily reach high and low notes. Yoona turned her head at Seung Gi’s side in order to see what he was doing. And she got shock. Seung Gi was making some kimbap for them. Yoona couldn’t believe her eyes. She guessed what happened to that cool and cold player. She put her cup on the ground and stood up. With her small steps she neared Seung Gi who was focused on kimbap and couldn’t see her coming. Yoona decided to just stay quietly and watch him. She didn’t want to waste such a beautiful and exciting view.

Seung Gi was still pretending that he hadn’t noticed Yoona, who was standing just one meter away from him. In the fact, it was amusing to trick Yoona and see her innocent child-a-like reactions. At one moment Seung Gi thought that maybe it wouldn’t be too bad to raise Yoona as his pet. Even though Seung Gi had strange feelings for Yoona, but playing with her was more exciting than those feelings.

“Do you want to taste?”

“Eh?” Yoona stepped few steps aback, because she was startled by sudden Seung Gi’s suggestion.

“So?”

“I want” without even asking how he knew about her being beside him. Seung Gi took one sliced peace of kimbap and put into Yoona’s mouth, who was already aaaahing with widely open.

“Delicious?”

“Very!” without even chewing all kimbap Yoona showed her bright and wide smile.

“I can’t believe you are from chaebol family” Seung Gi shooked his head.

“You thought that chaebols don’t eat kimbap?”

“Eh?”

Yoona just smiled at him and took another piece of kimbap. She put it in and deliciously chewed while trying to see Seung Gi’s reaction. Yoona wanted to show him that she can be different and can be similar to his friends. And it wasn’t just because of Seung Gi, it was also for herself. Yoona really wanted to be different person or maybe more like to be free person. And she felt that only being with Seung Gi, she could prove herself and others that she can stand for herself.

 

~*~

After dinner Yoona and Tiffany decided to go home because it was really late. Yoona had to think about excuses and Tiffany was ready to start a war with her brother, because he was overprotective. As soon as girls rose up from the table, guys did the same.

“See you soon” awkwardly said Chanyeol, because he wasn’t sure what to do. His thoughts were filled with questions like: should I hug her or should I just say goodbye.

“Bye!” Tiffay couldn’t let Chanyeol to think more and just hugged him. After hugging Chanyeol she went to Changmin who was already prepared for the hug. Changmin usually hated having skinship with guys and girls, but at this situation Tiffany wasn’t a problem to him. He voluntary put his hands on Tiffany waist and sweetly said goodbye to her. Tiffany did the same thing with Seung Gi, who even patted her head like a real older guy. At that moment Tiffany felt like a little girl who just met an older guy and fell in love with him for the first time.

Chanyeol and Changmin without asking hugged Yoona and said their goodbyes to her. At first Yoona was thinking about yelling at them, but soon she forgot that idea. She felt really comfortable with them and it was just a friendly hug without any dirty intentions.

Seung Gi stood in front of Yoona, who was smiling from ear to ear, and couldn’t do anything. He just wished for others to get out of garage. He turned his head and smirked to Changmin who was just standing near him with blank expression. Seung Gi smirked another time and Changmin finally woke up.

“Tiffany, do you want to see old harbor? It’s really near”

“Hyeong, it’s…” Chanyeol couldn’t say anything because Changmin punched him and he understood what’s going on. Luckily, Tiffany was good at reading the situation and immediately understood why Changmin wants to show her something outside.

“Okay, let’s go.” Tiffany linked her arms with Chanyeol and Changmin and went outside leaving Yoona and Seung Gi all alone.

“Hmm…”

“Huh?”

“Do you want to go outside, too?” suddenly asked Seung Gi because it was just too awkward to stay silent. “I can show you an old boat that has a beautiful legend”

“Huh?” Yoona was a little surprised because it seemed like she was left alone with a different person. This Seung Gi wasn’t the same mean playboy who she met at the hotel. At one moment Yoona thought that he was that prince with white horse who always existed in her dreams. Even though Seung Gi didn’t said many words, Yoona felt how his expression changed and his voice tone became more softy. “Yes, I would like to see that boat”

Seung Gi grabbed his jacket and opened door for Yoona. It was really dark outside. The only one light was from old Jeju-do’s lighthouse. Yoona remembered that she heard some legends about lighthouses in Jeju-do, but she couldn’t remember. She didn’t want to stay silent, because it was too awkward.

“Umm… Seung Gi”

“Huh?”

“I heard that lighthouses at Jeju-do have a special meaning. Can you tell me about it?”

“Okay” suddenly Seung Gi looked at lighthouse and stopped walking. His face looked more beautiful in moonlight. “Jeju-do is unlucky island. There are many women but no men. Actually, there are men, but they are always away from their families. Many men died in the sea. Some bodies came back, but most of bodies were buried into the sea. Our lighthouses are like light in the end of tunnel. When men, who are in the sea, see lighthouse they know that they soon will be at home. And for us, who stay on the land, lighthouse is the place where all people gather and wait for ship to return. Old fisherman always sits in that lighthouse and when he see ship, he gives us a signal. This side of Jeju-do never sleeps, we are always waiting for someone. And I know that someday I won’t be waiting… I will have to leave and I wonder who is going to wait for me… or maybe who is going to cry for me if I never return home… Well, that’s the story. It’s nothing really special. It’s just lighthouse for us is like hope and waiting symbol.” Seung Gi looked at Yoona and brightly smiled.

“I will wait for you” without even thinking said Yoona. As soon as she realized what she said, she covered and tried to pretend that she didn’t say anything.

“It would be great”

Seung Gi’s answer shocked Yoona. She wasn’t prepared for that. But Yoona couldn’t ask him or give excuses about her words, because he started walking really fast and Yoona had to almost run in order to catch up with him.

Even it was dark old boat looked amazingly beautiful and sad at the same moment. Seung Gi sat down on the sand and waved Yoona to sit down too. She sat down near Seung Gi. As soon as she sat down, Seung Gi took off his jacket and gave it to Yoona.

“You know this boat is more important than lighthouse. There is a legend about one brave woman who took this boat in order to find her beloved one, but died. Also, people say that if guy and girl come here together, they will start to love each other… It’s said that that love could heart them, but it will be a true love.”

“Do you believe that?”

“If I hadn’t believed, I wouldn’t have taken you here”

Seung Gi didn’t looked at shocked Yoona. And Yoona was sure that Seung Gi is playing with her like other times. Even though she wanted that his words to be true, she tried to block her heart and believe that he is only teasing her.

“Let’s date”

Just those two words and Yoona’s world was completely ruined. Maybe those words were said too soon, too unexpected… But those words were said and it was the first step. Sometimes just one day is enough to understand how much a person mean to you… sometimes just several seconds are enough to fall in love.

 


So, it's new chapter! Thank you for reading~~~ I hope you liked it!