Chapter 2

Sempiternal

"What!? You need a place to stay? Seriously dude! What was going on with your mind?" Namjoon, one of Taehyung’s best friends, screamed like he was some sort of a crazy stepmother.

Taehyung just can’t get why his best friends suddenly over reacted when he told them about his conversation with you a while ago.

"Yup! What's wrong with that?"

"What's wrong with that? You're asking me what's wrong with that?! Let me tell you what's wrong...everything!

"You've got a huge house of your own, you're living in a place that's just a step away from your campus and not to mention.." He suddenly made that over reacting face again, squeezing his face with all his energy and letting out a deep breath "your best friends' house!...then this girl shows up! Suddenly you want to live in an apartment that's one bus away from your school, pay rent and take care of yourself?! You're going crazy!” He finally finished his speech and looked at Taehyung waiting for an explanation.

He has a point. I really am going crazy. But that's Eunhee! I can't be just a stranger who played a trick on her in the bus. I can't let her go just like that! This love thing is crazy.

"Well, what am I supposed to say? Tell her that I really do know her? Tell her that I actually didn’t meet her on that bus for the first time? Tell her that I followed her from the canteen to that bus? Tell her how happy I was when I found her?! Dude! I've been looking for this girl ever since I came back to Seoul five years ago. I can't just creep her out and watch her leave! I want to stay with her."

The room fell silent for some seconds.

"You must really like her." Namjoon said, finally giving in. There’s no way he can do to change his friend’s mind.

"Course I do." Taehyung smiled as he remembered the first time he met you and how he really wanted to be with you from the very beginning.

 


 

You wouldn’t normally just allow someone to live with you-especially boys. “I should’ve interviewed him first or at least talked to him about the details.” You thought to yourself regretting the conversation that just happened yesterday.

It may be because of your desperation or the tiny percentage of embarrassment. Might be because of the way he smiled and looked like a playful little kid. It can be because you just weren’t thinking or maybe just maybe the words: “Sure! You can move in tomorrow. Here’s the address and my phone number. Just give me a call when you’re already near” just slipped out of your tongue because of something unexplainable and much deeper. Destiny? Fate?  No one knows.

You sighed as you remember the exact words you told him yesterday. Oh Eunhee, what were you thinking? I just hope this whole this whole housemate thing will work. Your phone vibrated. He’s calling. Guess there’s no turning back anymore.

“Your apartment’s in this yellow building right? The door’s unlocked I’m already going in. See you in about ten seconds”

This guy’s a weird one. He didn’t even let you speak. What if he ends up inside a wrong house? Seriously, you don’t know how you’ll live with him.

“Hi!” he said excitedly as he knocked the door in your room."

You almost didn’t recognize him with his attire. Thank god he also wears decent clothes! He was wearing a loose black shirt, gray pants, and a black cap which covered his weird orange hair.

“Hey there! I didn’t know you also wear normal clothes.”

He just simply smiled and looked down. Hahah! I never thought an alien can also look cute sometimes.

“Your room’s over there, kitchen, bathroom...and here's my room” you continued talking while giving him a quick tour.

“Rules… no alcohol, no parties, no strangers allowed, be careful with the appliances…. just try not to do anything irrational that can harm both of us. Okay?....

And another thing….please just please try your best to keep this apartment clean. I hate cleaning and all so just put everything exactly where they should be. Get it? Here’s your key. Catch!”

It feels good to be the only one talking-make you feel like a boss. You glanced back at him again before heading to your room. He looks so happy. This person might have been looking for an apartment for a long time. Well, good thing we found each other. I needed him, he needed a house. Perfect!

“Do you have any questions?” You asked hoping that he wouldn’t say anything. You still have a lot of things to do.

But just when you were about to go inside your room:

“I have a question! I just saw this restaurant on the way here. I heard they have these amazing burgers paired with nachos and stuff. By any chance, do you want to-“

You immediately cut him off. Really, this person is so different. It seems like he wasn’t listening to all of the things that you were saying a while ago.

“I’m sorry. I don’t want to grab some lunch. Any other questions?”

“If I pay for lunch, will you come?” He scratched the back of his neck hoping you will say yes.

“No. I don’t want to eat lunch now. I’m just going to stay here inside the apartment do an advance reading in math and science, fix some papers, and clean my room and a lot of stuff after that. Now, can you please just stop?” You realized that you were really very mean but you just didn’t care. You have some schedule to follow and you can’t afford to delay everything you have to do just to eat lunch outside.

“Geeeez! What a boring life! Okay then, I’m going out by myself. See you later.” He said and left the apartment.

You spent the whole afternoon busily reading and fixing your documents that you didn’t realize it was already dark outside. Is he not home yet? You knocked on his door just to check on him. There was no answer. That guy! Argh! It's already 9 pm and not a word.

The alien wasn't in his room so you went to the kitchen instead. You were surprised to see a small paper bag on top of the kitchen table. You don’t remember leaving something there a while ago. You curiously took the bag and noticed a small blue sticky note attached to it.

“Just a small present to thank you for letting me stay in this apartment. Eat it well!” – roommate

You didn’t notice yourself biting your lower lip as you tried to hold your smile that was growing wider and wider. You’re face started to feel warm and your cheeks suddenly turned red. You don’t remember the last time you received this kind of message from someone – not even from your own family. This guy, really. What is he? You’ve only met him yesterday and you barely even had a real conversation but why do you have this feeling like you’ve already known him forever? The feeling was both too strange yet too familiar in the most unexplainable way.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

random taehyung spam: