Interview

Every Day

“What’s your ideal type?” the radio DJ asked.

Hoon grinned. In the order they were sitting in, he was going to be the last person to answer the question. Long had this question been a thorn in his side. He’d avoided it as much as possible for the last several years, only answering when he was pressed for an answer. He’d then be as vague as possible, refusing to name anyone specifically, in case it would hurt Serin’s feelings. His most frequent response had been to describe her physical appearance. “I like a girl who has shoulder length, brown hair, a cute nose, around 165 cm tall, takes care of her health and appearance, works hard, and will love me unconditionally,” he’d describe.

His fans had noticed when his answer had changed from simply “a cute, petite girl that I want to protect.” They’d asked him why his answer had changed, if he was now referring to someone in particular. He’d denied it, of course, but the ideal type question still had been a source of great uncertainty for him.

AJ was explaining his own answer, leaving Hoon to work out the finalized version of what he was going to say. Finally, his turn, he looked to the interviewer, smiled, and proudly answered, “My wife.”

The members laughed at the exuberant tone he’d said it with. “Are you sure?” the host jested.

“Of course,” Hoon insisted. “Serin-ssi is…” He struggled to find a good way to explain how much she meant to him.

“Trust us,” Soohyun said, cutting him off and ending his struggle, “she really is his ideal type.”

“Speaking of your wife,” the host continued, “didn’t you announce that she was pregnant at the same time you announced this comeback?”

“We did,” Hoon replied. “She’s close to the five month mark. We’re both very excited.”

“How do the other members feel about her pregnancy?”

“We’re all very happy for them,” Kevin explained.

“I can’t wait to meet our U-KISS niece or nephew,” Eli added.

Soohyun spoke for all of them then. “It’s a very exciting time. We’re all happy for Hoon and Serin, and are looking forward to meeting their child in the near future.”

“Do you think that the baby will cause any issues within your relationship as a group?” the interviewer asked then, curious.

“Honestly, no,” Kiseop said. “We’re still going to press on as though nothing has changed.”

“I’d guess our group dynamic might shift as bit, since Hoon’s focus might be spread out a bit wider,” Soohyun elaborated. “But he’s hardly the first celebrity to become a parent, and he’s certainly not the first father that has to work while being a parent. I don’t anticipate any big changes, and the fans shouldn’t either.”

“My child will certainly be a priority,” Hoon expressed, “but my time with the members and fans is important, as well. I will do my best for everyone relying on me.”

“So you have no intentions of leaving? The fans are asking that a lot on the message board.”

“I absolutely will not be leaving. Rest assured KissMe!” He said it with a smile, glad that he could finally be open about everything despite how personal the topic was.

The topic was concluded, and the conversation shifted to other things. This was one of the first radio interviews he’d done in Korea since his marriage had been revealed. Fans were asking questions about Serin almost endlessly. He asked the interviewer to ignore them; he felt uncomfortable discussing her the whole time especially since this was an interview for all of them, not just him. However, he was glad to look through the questions the fans had sent in and see the level of interest they all had in Serin and their relationship. They weren’t being mean or condescending, just curious about how the two had met and fell in love. They were looking for a romance story, and it made him happy to know that they were welcoming and accepting of her.

AJ, who had also been reading some of the questions next to him, glanced over at him and remarked, “I never would have guessed Serin would get this much positive attention from our fans.”

“Neither did I. I guess it’s a good thing that they’re interested and accepting.”

Jun sidled up behind Hoon, wrapping his arms around Hoon’s waist and resting his chin on his shoulder. “They’d be even more accepting if they got to know her. It’s hard not to like Serin-noona.”

Hoon nodded. “It’s so unbelievably hard not to love her,” he said, smile plastered on his face.