Support

Every Day

References to content in the last drabble are in this. If you’ve read it, good. If you haven’t, you should probably do that. It’s nothing too big, so you can skip it if you'd like, but you will be lost during one topic that is brought up during conversation.

This is a Valentine’s Day drabble. As usual, I’m about two+ weeks late with everything that is related to a holiday.

--

Miraculously enough, Hoon had gotten permission to bring Serin with him during his solo promotions. It had seemed unlikely when she first asked him about it, but for whatever reason, both NH and Avex had agreed that it was fine for her to go. She was going to room with him in the dorm, as well as attend nearly all of his events. She wouldn’t be going to radio shows, which she had insisted was fine because she had work to do anyway.

Hoon was grateful for her presence because it helped keep him at ease. It had been a long time since he had been a solo artist, so being by himself was a bit disconcerting. He couldn’t imagine the dorm with just him and his manager. Serin being there gave him someone to talk to and confide in, and she cheered him on before each activity. This was the first time she’d ever come with him for promotions, and he wished she would get the opportunity to come along a lot more regularly in the future.

As much as he wished for it, he knew that it would be unlikely. In six months, their baby was supposed to be born, and that would likely limit her ability to do stuff like this. At least for a while. She would be less inclined to travel as her pregnancy progressed, and traveling with an infant presented its own challenges. Plus, he understood his own feelings well enough to know that he wasn’t going to want her to put that kind of stress on the baby or herself. He already worried so much for both of them. It was especially bad right now. That Serin was just at the end of 12 weeks was nerve wracking as she had been right around week 12 when she’d miscarried last time. It had Hoon on edge but knowing that she was with him should anything go wrong did offer some reassurance. His worry for her was alleviated somewhat by being able to see her and know things were okay.

This night, the night of Valentine’s day, was the last night she’d be with him. The members would be arriving the following afternoon, and very shortly after that, he would go to practice with them for a Valentine’s event on Friday. Serin would stay in a hotel by herself for a few days, and then leave Monday morning. Serin would get to watch their practice and then be back stage during the next few upcoming performances, but he still regretted that she wouldn’t be with him constantly like she had been. Things would, essentially, return to normal.

As he laid in bed, waiting for Serin to get out of the shower, he thought about how fortunate he was that she had even been allowed to come with him and how much he was going to miss her, even though she’d still be around for a few more days. He also considered how he was going to tell the members about her pregnancy. He’d wait until after the Valentine’s event. He didn’t want to distract them right before a performance.

Serin then came to bed, squeezing in with him. They weren’t in the normal dorms, as it was just the two of them plus Hoon’s manager, but the hotel bed was smaller than their own bed at home. The manager slept in the room next door, and so it was just the two of them alone. It might have been y except for the rule they’d imposed on themselves about not having while she was pregnant. He wouldn’t risk it. However, that didn’t mean that they couldn’t cuddle close.

“Happy Valentine’s day, Hoonie,” she whispered as she lied down on her back.

He could smell all the products she’d used in the shower and in her hair. A pleasant aroma that he loved. A familiar scent. “I love you,” he replied, draping his arm over her stomach. “And thanks for the chocolate earlier.” She had, after all, given him chocolate for Valentine’s day.

“I expect something in return on White Day,” she quipped.

Hoon chuckled. “I won’t forget.” She was teasing him because he’d nearly forgotten the year before.

She laughed. “I don’t need anything in return,” she admitted. “I will graciously accept a gift, but you definitely don’t need to buy me anything.”

“I know. We always say, ‘Don’t buy me anything.’ We never follow through,” Hoon stated.

“I can’t help it,” she explained with a sigh, cuddling against his side. “I… show my love by buying you things.”

“I know. I’m glad for it. I will get you something in return. Because I want to. The chocolate was delicious, and I want to do something nice for you.”

“Mmm,” she acknowledged with a smile.

He caressed her hair as she lay against his side. “How are you feeling this week?” he asked, changing the topic.

“I’ve felt a little queasy in the morning. But I’ve been fine, over all.”

“That’s good. I didn’t think you were feeling too bad. Last week though…” he trailed off.

She snuggled closer to him. “The last two weeks were bad,” she agreed and then made a sound that indicated her disgust. “I was really tired of tasting bile all the time.”

Hoon chuckled. “I can’t imagine it was very pleasant.”

“It wasn’t.” She rolled so that she was facing him, and he wrapped his arms around her back, holding her tight.

“I’m really glad you’re here with me,” he told her suddenly.

“Yeah,” Serin agreed. “It’s our first Valentine’s day together, too.”

“Ah yeah,” Hoon said. “You’re right. We’ve had events every Valentine’s day since debuting in Japan.”

She snuggled closer towards him. “Yeah. You’ve been busy.”

“Are you sad that we can’t have a passionate Valentine’s day?” Hoon asked.

She shook her head. “No, not really. I think it would be nice to do some day. But I don’t… want to right now.”

“Yeah, I understand. The baby’s wellbeing comes first.”

She sighed and further explained, “It’s actually more than that. Like I think the extra hormones in my body right now are making me… less interested. sounds very unappealing.”

He kissed her chastely on the lips, before whispering, “And that’s okay. I love you. And I love our baby so much already. Just stay healthy and happy. That’s the most important thing. I can live without . I can’t live without you.”

“I can’t live without you either,” Serin sighed back.

“You could live without me,” Hoon said. “You’re so strong and capable. You’d be okay on your own. Me though, I’d be a mess without you.”

Serin exhaled again. “I know you’re trying to compliment me, but you have no idea how much I need you. You keep me emotionally secure, Hoonie,” she whispered. “I’m the one who would really be a mess on my own.”

“Mmmm,” he acknowledged, kissing her yet again.

“I need you so much,” she said.

Hoon didn’t reply and simply held her, her back softly.  “I don’t want you to go. I wish you could stay here with me like this for the rest of the promotions,” he stated after a few moments.

“Yeah,” she agreed. “I wish I could stay. But you have to go stay with the guys. It’s just how it goes. I’ll be okay on my own.”

“You’re always okay on your own,” Hoon remarked. “Though I think your older brother might beg to differ.”

Serin snorted. “Hyunsaeng? Yeah, he thinks I’m helpless. What he doesn’t know is that it’s a ploy to bend him to my will.”

“Scary,” Hoon commented. “Though I don’t think he thinks you’re helpless. He seemed pretty scared of you the last time I saw him.”

Serin giggled. “Ah yeah. At my dad’s house.”

“Your name was thrown out, and he ran away so fast.”

“He knew better than to start that fight with Seunghyun,” Serin explained. “And he knew I might rat on him if I saw it. They all did.”

“Oh, I understand. If you’d witnessed it and told your father, they’d have all been in big trouble. Or they’d have had to be extra careful and nice to you so as to prevent you from telling. They didn’t want ratted on or to give you ammo, so they split posthaste.”

“Mmhmm,” Serin agreed.

Hoon yawned and rolled back over onto his back, removing his arms from around Serin. “I should really get to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.”

“Ah yeah,” she conceded. “I’m looking forward to watching all of you guys practice hard.”

“You won’t be upset if the language gets a little offensive, right?”

Serin looked over at him with a puzzled expression. “I told you no when you asked me before. Also, my brother is Hyunsaeng. I guarantee I’ve heard worse.”

Hoon chuckled. “Okay, you’re right. Hyunsaeng uses worse language that Soohyun and Eli combined.”

Serin’s arm was draped over Hoon’s stomach, and she snuggled against his side. “I know he is. Without a doubt.”

“Mmhmm,” he agreed. He was getting sleepy, though Serin was apparently still quite awake. “I’m going to sleep now,” he told her. “I’m too tired.”

“Okay, Hoonie,” she said. “I’ll be right behind you. I’m getting sleepy too.”

“Goodnight, Serin,” he told her. “I love you so much. Happy Valentine’s Day.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day,” she replied. “I love you, too. Rest well for tomorrow.”

“Yep, Serin,” he answered. “And goodnight, little one,” he added, reaching a hand out and placing it on her stomach. He withdrew his hand and closed his eyes, readjusting himself to get comfortable to sleep. He still felt Serin’s arm wrapped around his torso, and he smiled to himself. Yes, having her here during his promotions had been one of her best ideas. He was glad she’d brought it up and even gladder still that he’s bothered to ask. Feeling happy due to her presence and support, Hoon drifted to sleep.